GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Help!!! Moonroof left open during heavy rain and hail!!~

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-06, 04:15 PM
bearbrick
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Moonroof left open during heavy rain and hail!!~

it was raining and hailing in Jersey on Saturday and I had my moonroof open during the whole period it was raining! I didn't even notice the warning chime as well as the display that read MOONROOF OPEN! The good thing is that it was left tilted open and not open all the way. When I got home, I noticed that the inside was not wet at all. When I sat on the seats and looked for moisture, my butt didn't get wet at all. The only place I found water was the sliding moonroof shade. It seemed like the water was trapped within the groove.

SO, my question is can I expect everything to be alright? Is there a chance that the whole sliding shade including the headliner be wet at all? I'm really worried that there may be some problems. Please let me know that I'll be alright.

Second question, did the SES light come on when you guys approached the 5K mile mark and the display show CHANGE ENGINE OIL.? My dealer will not have a loaner for another week, would I be alright? I am at about 4,700 miles.

Thanks,

bearbrick
Old 04-10-06, 04:29 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you'll be fine.....if enough water to do damage had gotten in the car..like you said, you would have seen evidence on the seats as well as other places. I wouldnt worry.

I think you have nothing to worry about for the oil either..you probably could go to 10,000 miles and over with the ways cars are built nowadays.

Welcome to ClubLexus. I see that you're new and in New Jersey, a fellow NJ member...cool...

Whereabouts in NJ are you?
Old 04-10-06, 04:31 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

My dealer will not have a loaner for another week, would I be alright?
Goodness gracious, a week???
I can go in any time to my dealer, Lexus of Westminster, and get a loaner if my car needs something....

Old 04-10-06, 07:13 PM
thenod
Driver

Your Lexus dealer provides a loaner for an OIL CHANGE? Daly City, CA no longer does. Lexus service should be the same across the board but unfortunately, it's not. Regardless, I'm still a die hard Lexus fan and proud owner.

99 LX470 and soon to be NM Edition 450h Owner
Old 04-10-06, 07:30 PM
bearbrick
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS4fun
Whereabouts in NJ are you?
I am by Ramsey and where are you by?
Old 04-10-06, 07:31 PM
bearbrick
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by thenod
Your Lexus dealer provides a loaner for an OIL CHANGE? Daly City, CA no longer does. Lexus service should be the same across the board but unfortunately, it's not. Regardless, I'm still a die hard Lexus fan and proud owner.

99 LX470 and soon to be NM Edition 450h Owner
I'm just surprised because it was the same way at the Infiniti dealership and I thought Lexus would have an abundant supply of loaners to go around. Infiniti gives loaners for any type of repair, but the only problem is that you HAVE to make an appointment in advance and I didn't know it would be the same for Lexus.
Old 04-11-06, 04:23 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bearbrick
I am by Ramsey and where are you by?
Newark NJ....Brick city...kinda like your name...

Hope to meet you at some meet in the near future.
Old 04-11-06, 06:07 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

No need for a loaner. When I took my car in for 5k, I only waited a little over an hour and got it back. I also had about 5,600 miles on it when I brought it in. The annoying message, OIL MAINT REQD, was on the screen for 600 miles until I got the oil changed.
Old 04-11-06, 06:09 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OH Wow SGT, I saw the title of this thread and then saw your name and I thought this was related to our snow storm convo last week, I felt guilty thinking I had put some bad mojo on you....
Old 04-11-06, 06:31 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
OH Wow SGT, I saw the title of this thread and then saw your name and I thought this was related to our snow storm convo last week, I felt guilty thinking I had put some bad mojo on you....
LOL... that would be pretty crazy if it did happen to me.
Old 04-11-06, 01:33 PM
bearbrick
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SGT
No need for a loaner. When I took my car in for 5k, I only waited a little over an hour and got it back. I also had about 5,600 miles on it when I brought it in. The annoying message, OIL MAINT REQD, was on the screen for 600 miles until I got the oil changed.
Is that all they did? Do they do anything else besides a oil change? Also, I heard first service is complimentary, is this only true if you get it serviced at the dealer you bought the car from?
Old 04-11-06, 01:38 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Is that all they did? Do they do anything else besides a oil change? Also, I heard first service is complimentary, is this only true if you get it serviced at the dealer you bought the car from?
Not true, I had mine serviced for free at a different dealer from where I purchased the car from. They also rotated my tires in addition to the oil change. I don't recall if they did anything else.
Old 04-11-06, 05:31 PM
bearbrick
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SGT
Not true, I had mine serviced for free at a different dealer from where I purchased the car from. They also rotated my tires in addition to the oil change. I don't recall if they did anything else.
Hey SGT, I noticed that you have the tourmalines on your GS. How did you go about getting rid of the stock 17'"s? Did you negotiate with the dealer before purchase? When I asked, they said I would have to keep my 17"s and pay extra for the tourmalines and tires. Did they port install on yours or did it come in stock?

Thanks,
Old 04-11-06, 08:28 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Hey SGT, I noticed that you have the tourmalines on your GS. How did you go about getting rid of the stock 17'"s? Did you negotiate with the dealer before purchase? When I asked, they said I would have to keep my 17"s and pay extra for the tourmalines and tires. Did they port install on yours or did it come in stock?

Thanks,
About a month after I had my car, I ordered the Tourmalines and tires from Lexus of Sewell. After I had them put on, I sold the stock 17's to a private party.
Old 04-11-06, 08:50 PM
kb2yza
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being in ramsey I guess you went to Prestige... Suprised they didnt have a loaner with a little over 100 of them ...maybe at that huge new dealer they are building . At any rate welcome to Club Lexus. I am in Saddle Brook but volunteer out of Ramsey OEM

--Pete

Quick Reply: Help!!! Moonroof left open during heavy rain and hail!!~