GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Service Follow-up

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-06, 11:38 AM
drck1000
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Follow-up

Just picked up my car after having the front rotors and brake pads replaced. They replaced them after I reported hearing a pulsing noise from the front brakes when braking from about 40 mph. The service tech initially speculated that it probably was due to rust on the rotors and to bring it in. So when I took it in, they measured the rotors and determined that they were warped by 0.003 on both sides. Admittedly, I have no clue about what that measurement is, but they mentioned that Lexus national service tech told them to replace under warranty. So they replaced the rotors and brake pads yesterday and all is well. No more pulsing brakes.

I also had them check into some rattles/noise in my front doors while they had the car for the brakes. The noise appeared to come from the joint between the top black vinyl trim panel and the panel with the armrest below. The noise would sound like morse code when driving on even smoother pavement and it would stop if you applied pressure to the black vinyl panel. It would also creak if you pressed the black vinyl panel and let it go. The tech heard the noise when taken for a test ride and they corrected it by lubing the trim panel at the joint. The tech mentioned that the joint is typically glued and taped. I thought they would apply some kind of foam tape in the joint, but the service report stated that they lubed the trim panel and the service rep said that they had used silicone. On the drive to the office after picking up the car, no noise. I am very happy that they took care of that.

I do also notice a periodic tapping in the dash, but I don't hear it when the stereo is on at a normal level. The tech mentioned that it's a pretty intenstive process to remove the dash to run down those types of noises, so I figured that I'd live with it since I don't notice it with the stereo on. If it gets worse, I might have them take a look at it at my 5K service. Don't want to deal with potentially more noises and damage for them to track down something that doesn't really bother me.

Now I have all the the "stuff" taken care of, I am happy. I am also close to passing the 1K mile mark, so I will feel comfortable playing around with the manual shifting and pushing some RPMs in ECT Power. With all of the negative posts going around, I thought I'd post about a positive experience. I understand that in these forums, a lot of people are here to vent about their problems and those happy drivers are out there enjoying their cars instead of posting. I just wanted to contribute from the postive side!
Old 04-11-06, 03:13 PM
Khankn32
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice..

Seems like a good bit of people are having problems dash noises, ect, ect. Maybe its just me but I havnt got any of those problems *knock on wood* and I try hard to notice them . I have almost 15k miles and couldnt be anymore happy about my GS .