GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Six Months Of Frustration

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-06, 10:14 PM
paki4lyfe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Six Months Of Frustration

ITS been almost 6 months that i hve been takin my gs to dealership for rattles.....contacted the corporated office but they are not taking any action i m fed up with the problems hve decided to change the brand i really love ......guys any suggestion ....
Old 05-06-06, 11:15 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Give it up man! You've been gripin about the rattles for a while! I have the rattles too, we all do. The equation is very simple, Lexus is not perfect (that's why they're passionately trying to pursue it) and you have to do what makes you happy.

FYI, I brought my car into the dealer for a few rattles and they kept it for 5 days and accumulated over 50 miles on it. And guess what, the rattles are still there. That's not even the worse part, they damaged my bumper and I had to give the car up for another 3 days to fix it. Bottom line, don't trust the dealer with successfully fixing rattles, especially on a new generation.

If I were you I would either:

1. Settle with your car until the 2007 GS is released (rattle issues should be resolved) and trade or sell your car for the 2007.
2. Immediately trade or sell it for another brand
3. If you know an excellent car audio installer have them do a custom dynamat installation in the area that bothers you. It might cost a lot of dough but you won't lose as much money compared to a trade-in or selling and purchasing something else.

By selling or trading in you lose big time in the pocket but from what I am reading on all of your posts it would be money well lost. After the dealer had my car I learned to accepted the rattles, I just crank up the radio. By all means, I do not think a luxury car that MSRP's for $52,600 brand new should rattle. However, in my case, since I modified the car I am more accepting of the rattles. Good luck with your decision.
Old 05-07-06, 06:30 AM
Bigmojo
Driver School Candidate

Dude,

How old is your car, and how many days has it spent at the dealer? Texas Lemon law is very consumer friendly.

If the vehicle is out of service for repair for a cumulative total of 30 or more days in the first 24 months or 24,000 miles you can get them buy it back.

Or if there has been 2 or attempts to fix a reccuring issue within the 1st 12 months or 12000 miles, you can give them a 3rd attempt, and if they cant fix it, they can buy it back.

I have had to do this with 2 vehicle of my own (both of them were ford trucks...go figure) and and helped several others do this as well. It is very doable, very easy, and very effective.

Last edited by Bigmojo; 05-07-06 at 06:57 AM.
Old 05-07-06, 10:36 AM
paki4lyfe
Driver School Candidate

hmmm
its not abt gettin over it.....i m payin 50k thats a lot of money,......u can afford the rattles NARDEEZY i wont cozz..i want LEXUS to b quite as it used to b....u go ahead and crank up the volume but to me its not crankin up and ignoring....its manufacturing fault and lexus hve too accept it.......
Old 05-07-06, 03:35 PM
DrComputer
Pole Position

Mine is at the dealer (again) to see if they can fix the creek coming from the front winshield. So far it's been at the dealer for over a month in the last year will very little success. But... I still love Lexus (I have my LS600hL on order).
Old 05-07-06, 03:53 PM
paki4lyfe
Driver School Candidate

many ppl havin problems so LEXUS should do something.....atleast take some action ...this is really frustrating for me ....
Old 05-07-06, 04:53 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Give it one more try with the dealer.. than i would start making some other arrangements.. The gS is a great car so sorry to hear your bad luck with it.. The dealer and corporate office should be a little more cusumer friendly since we're keeping the sales up for lexus.. Spending 50k on a car IMO there should be no crakes or squeeks at all.. period.
Old 05-08-06, 08:30 AM
scottmyers
Pole Position

Originally Posted by paki4lyfe
ITS been almost 6 months that i have been taken my gs to dealership for rattles.....contacted the corporated office but they are not taking any action i m fed up with the problems hve decided to change the brand i really love ......guys any suggestion ....
I feel your pain. This is my second 06 GS. The first one was a disaster with issues. Now I'm fighting transmission issues, and of course the constant dash cracking and popping issues. The problem is this... there isn't an alternative until the new GS hits probably in October. My suggestion is pursue the Lemon Law or bail when the new GS comes out... If the issues are resolved.
Old 05-08-06, 08:49 AM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 276 Likes on 233 Posts
Default re: rattles

I am shocked. Is this rattle issue common among GS owners or just a few isolated incidents? The very last thing I would suspect from a Lexus is rattles.
Old 05-08-06, 09:32 AM
scottmyers
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
I am shocked. Is this rattle issue common among GS owners or just a few isolated incidents? The very last thing I would suspect from a Lexus is rattles.
Yes this is a very big issue. Search the site for lots of grips about it. It can be better or worse depending on the temperature. Sounds like plastic popping and cracking. Some people report very little, while others report it as a nightmare. My first GS was definitely unacceptable, and the newer car is just now aggravating. Lets hope this is resolved for 2007.

I will say this though, we should never just accept this as just a "1st model year redesign bug". For gods sake, I have never owned any car at any price that exhibits this problem.
Old 05-08-06, 11:27 AM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by paki4lyfe
hmmm
its not abt gettin over it.....i m payin 50k thats a lot of money,......u can afford the rattles NARDEEZY i wont cozz..i want LEXUS to b quite as it used to b....u go ahead and crank up the volume but to me its not crankin up and ignoring....its manufacturing fault and lexus hve too accept it.......
If you've exhausted all your possible options you should get a lawyer and file a class action law suit. Or, bite the bullet and get rid of the car. Next time you buy a car, wait for the next year of that generation.
Old 05-08-06, 11:32 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
i don't think it's a HUGE widespread problem. keep in mind that clublexus represents a small handful of owners and that normally you would see a lot of posts asking for help on various issues. naturally you will get more of those posts instead of "my GS is doing great so far" posts with no real point ...

a better gauge would be JD Powers or consumer reports or friends/family that own it. i have an SC430 that creaks and squeaks like crazy even though the car is one of the highest ranked in terms of reliability. on the other hand, my 06 GS was one of the first produced and i haven't had one squeak or rattle in 14000 miles. the only complaint i've had is the Yoko tires which produce a lot of road noise, but that's a Yoko problem, not Lexus (well, Lexus to the extent they decided to go with Yoko on the 430).
Old 05-08-06, 01:01 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

ITS been almost 6 months that i hve been takin my gs to dealership for rattles.....contacted the corporated office but they are not taking any action i m fed up with the problems hve decided to change the brand i really love ......guys any suggestion ....
Paki wait till the 07 comes out, and then trade your 06 in for the 07. IMO they'll probly have these small issues fixed in the 07.
In the end you'll get a car with way more power as well...

Good luck

Old 05-08-06, 01:08 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexuslover
i don't think it's a HUGE widespread problem. keep in mind that clublexus represents a small handful of owners and that normally you would see a lot of posts asking for help on various issues. naturally you will get more of those posts instead of "my GS is doing great so far" posts with no real point
I agree, CL members are a small, but quite vocal group of owners.

Best of luck with your repairs.
Old 05-08-06, 01:37 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

no car is immune to problems...so i guess you can just hope for the best...i mean over time i thnk cars will start to rattle or creak...but if not...that is great...just gotta be happy that you drive a nice luxury car...even tho you paid a price for it....these things happen so yea...Good luck tho!

Quick Reply: Six Months Of Frustration