GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-07, 09:43 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is very simple working step by step write up about the Hybrid Nav DVD here Use the Prassi Ones program found here

and you can find the 5.1 LOADING.WKI file here (Navigate trough the Ads, the file is there on the 3rd page)

This worked for me... (oh and also I had to try to burn the disk in 2 different DVD burner, one was not working , the other was...)
Old 06-08-07, 06:44 AM
jerfitz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mentioned that you did have the 6.1 maps but my question is, "Can you access the override screen that seems to only be accessable when the 5.1 LOADING.KWI file is controlling the NAV system?"

Thanks and best regards,
Old 06-17-07, 03:49 AM
tinsnip
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the thread, now are there any techniques to make the gas pedal softer to the foot. I mean if I step on it, there is no problem, but if I am just cruising along and come on to a hill, the car slows down and short of stepping harder on the gas pedal and then having to slow down, I find the pedal unresponsive to a "gentle nudge"
Old 06-17-07, 03:56 AM
tinsnip
Driver School Candidate

ahead of me is a hill, I know it, and I am driving in the S-mode, I downshift to 5th gear to select the speed manually........ the car automatically downshifts to third or fourth. Had I done nothing, the car would have stayed in 6th gear until the engine started to lug, and then it will downshift to third or fourth. Speeds are apparently uncontrollable manually, so the S-mode is great, but only for downshifting when you want to slow down.
Old 06-17-07, 08:55 AM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eternity3G
This will turn off your seat belt warning "beeping" for the driver and passenger side. This will only need to be done once in the lifetime of the car as it will retain in the vehicle memory.

*** According to Valet Park , you must have windows up... ***
1) Get into the car w/ ignition off and close the doors
2) Open the "flip console" to your left (mirror / gas lid console)
3) Start engine and set the LCD on the combination meter to the "ODO" display using the ODO/TRIP button. Turn off engine.
4) Now, W/O applying the brakes (don't actually start engine but turn on the electronics.), press the "Engine Start/Stop" button twice. You should see the check engine light and battery light on in the dash. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE)
5) Hold the ODO/TRIP button. Wait ten seconds, and while still holding the button, buckle the driver’s seat belt.
6) The LCD displays "Seat Belt Buzzer On/Off". Release the button. Pressing the ODO button toggles the On/Off

7) I believe you may need to repeat the process for the passenger side.

Drive safe!
Any help with this one? I don't get the seat belt buzzer sign...
Old 06-17-07, 12:24 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tinsnip
Thanks for the thread, now are there any techniques to make the gas pedal softer to the foot. I mean if I step on it, there is no problem, but if I am just cruising along and come on to a hill, the car slows down and short of stepping harder on the gas pedal and then having to slow down, I find the pedal unresponsive to a "gentle nudge"
You mean more responsive? Use PWR Mode.

ahead of me is a hill, I know it, and I am driving in the S-mode, I downshift to 5th gear to select the speed manually........ the car automatically downshifts to third or fourth. Had I done nothing, the car would have stayed in 6th gear until the engine started to lug, and then it will downshift to third or fourth. Speeds are apparently uncontrollable manually, so the S-mode is great, but only for downshifting when you want to slow down.
It sounds like benefits of an automatic transmission... I dont think I've had that problem... unless you're talking about a steep hill... if so it probably needs 3rd or 4th to get up the hill depending on your engine size... going up hills your engine needs to be at > 2500 - 3000 RPMs to cruise up the hill without lugging the engine.
Old 06-17-07, 12:32 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

With the throttle by wire system in the 3rd Gen GS, unfortunately not. There maybe a TSIB for the GS pedal unresponsiveness. The RX and ES have had instances of transmission flare. Unresponsiveness followed by abrupt acceleration. There is an ECU characteristic update for those specific models. You may want to mention this at your next service visit to Lexus.
Old 06-19-07, 05:15 AM
tinsnip
Driver School Candidate

thanks flipside, I did mention it to the dealer when I first got the car, but he said the same thing as you did, and suggested I gun the car periodically and drive in the S-Mode as opposed to D-Mode. By the way can you define your terminology for FSIB. I believe an ECU is the term for electronic control unit for the transmission, meaning the controller has fuzzy logic and learns from your driving habits... the dealer said that driving in the Sports mode (S-Mode) disables the ECU
Old 06-20-07, 01:56 PM
WHOAMI
Driver School Candidate

Cool IS250 Seat belt light (not buzzer) and steering wheel extension

Hi,

O.K. so I've got my VSC, traction control and seatbelt buzzer off, but is there a way to get the blinking red seat belt light on the dash to stop? (I already know the obvious answer is to use the seat belt, but thats not quite what I'm looking for

Also I find I am too far from my steering wheel (it's the manual one, not remotely adjustable) and I was wondering if I can put a spacer in there, or if anyone has any advice on this..... airbags etc! I'm 6.2 plus and when I'm in the car I have to sit way back..... and yes I know the obvious answer to this one aswell... and I probably should have got a GS!

Thanks for the great threads and advice!
Old 06-20-07, 03:14 PM
business1s
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by noncom23
Any help with this one? I don't get the seat belt buzzer sign...
I'm not getting it either, I was able to turn it off on my IS but cannot get it to work on the new GS
Old 06-20-07, 04:51 PM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by business1s
I'm not getting it either, I was able to turn it off on my IS but cannot get it to work on the new GS
Thx. Anyone know about this stuff and the current GS????
Old 06-21-07, 10:31 AM
spender
Driver

Originally Posted by timeToy
There is very simple working step by step write up about the Hybrid Nav DVD here Use the Prassi Ones program found here

and you can find the 5.1 LOADING.WKI file here (Navigate trough the Ads, the file is there on the 3rd page)

This worked for me... (oh and also I had to try to burn the disk in 2 different DVD burner, one was not working , the other was...)
Thanks!!!

Is the 5.1 file you posted for the Generation 4 Navigation system, or a newer one?
Old 06-24-07, 12:24 PM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Anyone got any updates on these tricks for a 2007 GS350?
Old 06-24-07, 02:12 PM
noncom23
Lead Lap

To amend my previous post above. I got the seatbelt buzzer off with this link from Sonartech.
Thx!

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php...77&postcount=2
Old 06-26-07, 11:15 AM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spender
Is the 5.1 file you posted for the Generation 4 Navigation system, or a newer one?
It worked fine with my Gen5 Nav system, I'm not sure about the Gen4...

Quick Reply: Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's