GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-07, 03:38 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GS fog light replacement

Courtesy of l4wr3nc3.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=299375
Old 08-26-07, 09:12 AM
incognitus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scubadorg
I just got my 07 350GS with all options 2 days ago!

I would like to know are there any tricks to make the side mirrors auto fold after locking the car??? Thanks!
I too would like to know if there's a way to have this be automatic rather than having to hit the button every time.

Thanks.
Old 08-29-07, 12:38 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

does anyone have the link to the navi \bluetooth hardware hack walkthrough so i can bypass all lexus safety features i would like to use these things when driving...i do not have the mark levinson , system but just the navi, back up camera and blue tooth...i've been searching for a few days ..all i see is a hybrid dvd hack....i know there is three wires to cut and connect in the back of the navi , to relays and a switch

i have a 07 gs350
Old 08-29-07, 09:36 AM
dk0515
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xxxalwayzspeedinxxx
does anyone have the link to the navi \bluetooth hardware hack walkthrough so i can bypass all lexus safety features i would like to use these things when driving...i do not have the mark levinson , system but just the navi, back up camera and blue tooth...i've been searching for a few days ..all i see is a hybrid dvd hack....i know there is three wires to cut and connect in the back of the navi , to relays and a switch

i have a 07 gs350
Here is the removal of the unit LINK
Here is the wires you need to look at and cut (for an 2006 GS300) LINK
Read the previous link, and read the updated version for the 2007 GS350. This also has the switch. LINK
Old 08-29-07, 09:41 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you my friend are the man thank you...
Old 09-10-07, 10:54 PM
ror
Driver School Candidate

i am stock now
my navigation always rebooting after disconnecting my battery

i get

system loading ...
don't poweroff the power
and rebooots
and it repeats
i can not get out my DVD

please help
Old 09-11-07, 06:02 PM
sherif2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by WHOAMI
Hi,

O.K. so I've got my VSC, traction control and seatbelt buzzer off, but is there a way to get the blinking red seat belt light on the dash to stop? (I already know the obvious answer is to use the seat belt, but thats not quite what I'm looking for

Also I find I am too far from my steering wheel (it's the manual one, not remotely adjustable) and I was wondering if I can put a spacer in there, or if anyone has any advice on this..... airbags etc! I'm 6.2 plus and when I'm in the car I have to sit way back..... and yes I know the obvious answer to this one aswell... and I probably should have got a GS!

Thanks for the great threads and advice!
Black electrical tape.
Old 09-18-07, 01:47 PM
GryPhantom
Driver School Candidate

Default Hybrid DVD

Hey Guys,

I try to burn a copy of the hybrid DVD but my computer is telling me that there is not enough room to burn the data onto the DVD. So I checked out the size of the original V6.1 and it's about 7.2 GB. The size of the blank disk is about 4.8 GB i assume. How did you guy's burn the DVD? I replaced the V6.1 LOADING.KWI file with V5.1.
Old 09-18-07, 01:55 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GryPhantom
Hey Guys,

I try to burn a copy of the hybrid DVD but my computer is telling me that there is not enough room to burn the data onto the DVD. So I checked out the size of the original V6.1 and it's about 7.2 GB. The size of the blank disk is about 4.8 GB i assume. How did you guy's burn the DVD? I replaced the V6.1 LOADING.KWI file with V5.1.
You need to use a DVD+R DL (Double Layer) that are 8.5 GB
Old 09-19-07, 09:09 PM
SWEETSOUND2001
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Does anyone know how to access the bluetooth menu for a 2004 LS430 with NAV? I was only able to get to the standard service menu, not the BT sound quality adjustment.

Thanks

- AT
Old 09-20-07, 08:58 PM
1madleb
Driver School Candidate

Default Hi from down under

I have been reading your tips and tricks forum all night and am glad to say that I'm glad I took the time to read all posts. Especially the one that states not to change the country on the sat nav.

I think I will try the hybrid dvd method posted by Sonartech. It seems to be the best work around without having to cut wires.

I hope this works on the Australian version of the GS450h. I will keep you posted on my progress.

I got the seat belt buzzer mod to work first go Gotta say I like this forum, wish we had one in oz.

Keep up the good work
Old 09-22-07, 10:35 AM
GSJeff
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by purebliss
I know one you can change the smart access key to open all the doors instead of just drivers door! It's very simple it's on page 23 of the owners manual. All you do is have the car off and sit in the seat and hold down the unlock or lock button while pressing the trunk button and screen will show you a display of what doors will unlock. It's hard to explain but it's on page 23 of the manual. That was my best find besides shutting off the seat belt buzzer.
Hopefully someone can help. I have a 2007 and there is nothing in the full or quick reference manual on how to do this. Matter of fact the manaul states that it has to be taken to the dealer for this customization.

Can anyone tell me the step by step instructions?
Old 09-23-07, 02:28 AM
sxl097
Driver School Candidate

I have 2005 GX 470 It could not find where Nav DVD is at? I'd like to eject it out and watch a movie DVD.I have Mark Levinson sound system
Old 09-23-07, 10:15 PM
djentee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by incognitus
I too would like to know if there's a way to have this be automatic rather than having to hit the button every time.

Thanks.
ditto.....
Old 09-25-07, 06:15 AM
1madleb
Driver School Candidate

Default Tire selection.

I was just wondering if you guys know of a better tyre to reduce the amount of road noise I get from my low profile Dunlops, that were standard equipment on my GS? I think you guys spell it tire.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Quick Reply: Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's