GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-08, 01:51 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Karter01
Is there any mod for getting the "I agree" screen off when you start the car?
It's a pain to hit that stupid button EVERY time you want to do something.

Also, is there a better tire for the GS350 to reduce tire noise? I have the low profile Dunlops (stock) and they are noisy.
I really don't care about performance, just want a tire that is quiet. Is it a tire issue? Do I need to switch to a luxury tire or what?

Thanks
What year is your GS? If your GS is a 2007, you can upgrade your NAV disc to the latest version which is 7.1. This eliminates the I AGREE screen at initial startup. If you have a 2008 GS, already addressed with the v.7.1 disc.

As for reduced tire noise, unfortunately the GS rides summer low profile tires. Do you have the 17 or 18" wheels? You're best bet is to invest in a premium tire like the all weather ultra high performance Michelin Pilot Sport A/S.
Old 07-22-08, 04:43 PM
Karter01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
What year is your GS? If your GS is a 2007, you can upgrade your NAV disc to the latest version which is 7.1. This eliminates the I AGREE screen at initial startup. If you have a 2008 GS, already addressed with the v.7.1 disc.

As for reduced tire noise, unfortunately the GS rides summer low profile tires. Do you have the 17 or 18" wheels? You're best bet is to invest in a premium tire like the all weather ultra high performance Michelin Pilot Sport A/S.
Yes, it's an 07; so it has the 6.1. Is there any other way of eliminating it? Or should you just fork up the money and buy it?

Will these Michelin tires you suggested show a major decrease in road noise? Are they worth getting?
Thanks
Old 07-22-08, 04:58 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, it's an 07; so it has the 6.1. Is there any other way of eliminating it? Or should you just fork up the money and buy it?

Will these Michelin tires you suggested show a major decrease in road noise? Are they worth getting?
Thanks
is that dunlop run flat?

and no other way around it, i suggest you get used to it because if you upgrade to 7.1, you'll lose the ability to the bypass that has the manual override to enable typing for nav while your vehicle is in motion

just get used to it, i actually dont like my car without that button, i actually have to stare at the screen for few seconds instead of getting rid of it by a simple press of a button
Old 07-22-08, 05:10 PM
Karter01

Originally Posted by whlkev
is that dunlop run flat?

and no other way around it, i suggest you get used to it because if you upgrade to 7.1, you'll lose the ability to the bypass that has the manual override to enable typing for nav while your vehicle is in motion

just get used to it, i actually dont like my car without that button, i actually have to stare at the screen for few seconds instead of getting rid of it by a simple press of a button
Alright,
And yes, I think they are the Dunlop run flats.
Old 07-22-08, 09:09 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by whlkev
Not true because 6.1 already disabled the nav override function for the Gen 5
Lexus Nav, unless you do the kwi file mod. Only the Gen 4 was able to do that with just a few simple key strokes.
Old 07-22-08, 09:17 PM
Karter01

Lexus Nav, unless you do the kwi file mod. Only the Gen 4 was able to do that with just a few simple key strokes.
Alright, well I guess that answers that.

Another question: Is there a way to have the mirrors fold in when you put it in park (rather than doing it manually)? Like the 460 does?
Old 07-22-08, 09:53 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

opps, i got the numbering confused, thanks for the correction
Old 07-22-08, 10:18 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Another question: Is there a way to have the mirrors fold in when you put it in park (rather than doing it manually)? Like the 460 does?
Unfortunately no.
Old 07-24-08, 01:57 PM
tsavo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eternity3G
This will turn off your seat belt warning "beeping" for the driver and passenger side. This will only need to be done once in the lifetime of the car as it will retain in the vehicle memory.

*** According to Valet Park , you must have windows up... ***
1) Get into the car w/ ignition off and close the doors
2) Open the "flip console" to your left (mirror / gas lid console)
3) Start engine and set the LCD on the combination meter to the "ODO" display using the ODO/TRIP button. Turn off engine.
4) Now, W/O applying the brakes (don't actually start engine but turn on the electronics.), press the "Engine Start/Stop" button twice. You should see the check engine light and battery light on in the dash. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE)
5) Hold the ODO/TRIP button. Wait ten seconds, and while still holding the button, buckle the driver’s seat belt.
6) The LCD displays "Seat Belt Buzzer On/Off". Release the button. Pressing the ODO button toggles the On/Off

7) I believe you may need to repeat the process for the passenger side.

Drive safe!
I could not get this one to work...
Old 08-08-08, 08:30 PM
rem1acs
Driver School Candidate

Question the NAV unlocks with the override but the phone menu stays grayed out when moving. Whats up with that?
Old 08-12-08, 08:06 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

whoever needs to disassemble the dashboard and everything connected to it to fix rattles etc, instructions are here:

http://files.filefront.com/62+instru.../fileinfo.html
Old 08-13-08, 11:21 AM
qrashla
Driver School Candidate

great tips. i tried them on my '07 gs350. the only programming function that worked was the key to unlock all 4 doors. the navigation input when driving doesn't work (the icons on the menu are somewhat different - is there a difference in software versions?), nor does the seat belt buzzer. did anyone else have the same problem i did?
Old 08-19-08, 11:11 AM
DavidJ
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"... I could not get this one to work."

I used this process successfully to turn off the seat belt warning buzzer on my 2007 GS450H. However, after I had my first service at the Lexus dealer, the belt warning buzzer returned and this process no longer worked.
Old 09-01-08, 01:31 PM
inspector1
Driver School Candidate

I have an 06gs and could not get this to work....followed the steps perfect, but it would not work.....when you hold the odo button as indicated, it switches to trip A.....held for 10 seconds and while holding, did the seatbelt, nothing happens....any thoughts or tricks?

Thx a ton and look forward to the annoying seat belt noise going away
Old 09-01-08, 01:44 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by inspector1
I have an 06gs and could not get this to work....followed the steps perfect, but it would not work.....when you hold the odo button as indicated, it switches to trip A.....held for 10 seconds and while holding, did the seatbelt, nothing happens....any thoughts or tricks?

Thx a ton and look forward to the annoying seat belt noise going away
Funny because the operation listed was done on Eternity3G's 06 GS300.

Quick Reply: Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's