GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-10 | 08:49 AM
StrannikMD
Rookie

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-pressure.html
Old 01-11-10 | 08:07 PM
Meadow
Driver School Candidate

That TPMS is driving me nuts. Hopefully this works... I will try it tomorrow.
Old 01-22-10 | 01:15 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

i was wondering if i put all four TPMS in to my spare tire and leave it in the trunk will that make my TPMS warning light go away
Old 01-22-10 | 08:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by alwayzspeedin
i was wondering if i put all four TPMS in to my spare tire and leave it in the trunk will that make my TPMS warning light go away
yes you can do that, i have read people doing that

but also keep in mind, that makes your spare sort of "useless". if you ever have to use your spare, with tpms thrown around inside, not a good idea
Old 01-22-10 | 10:13 AM
riboflavin
Driver

What I did to my other car is that I just put a electrical tape behind a tpms warning light, it works perfectly but you gotta take the gauge out and take it apart to get to behind the gauge face. It is super easy to do on my other car but I don't know how it is on 3gs.
Old 01-24-10 | 07:32 PM
LexiGS
Pole Position

hm...I just had my new wheels installed with new TPMS and fit kit, and I have drove about 50 miles already, it seems like the car initialize warning system by itself, is it possible?!?! I did not change the button from "MAIN" to "2nd", the tire pressure light hasn't light up yet.......am I lucky!?! or it's just not time yet?
Old 01-25-10 | 08:58 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Did your warning lights go off?

Mine went off just about 200 miles after I changed the wheels/tires and "NEW" TPMS. It's just weird. You suppose the lights to come up right away after installing new wheels but they did not. I will bring the car back to the tire shop hoping they can fix it. If not I then have to take to the dealer and pay $$ to have the new TPMS ID programmed?

Last edited by memasterac; 02-14-10 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-26-10 | 12:26 PM
Meadow
Driver School Candidate

My TPMS turned on around New Years when I got a flat. After I fixed the flat, etc it was very cold around here. The TPMS stayed on for weeks. Once the weather 'warmed up' to around 30 - 35 it shut off and has stayed off. I imagine once we get another cold front it will be the same thing.
Old 01-26-10 | 12:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Meadow
My TPMS turned on around New Years when I got a flat. After I fixed the flat, etc it was very cold around here. The TPMS stayed on for weeks. Once the weather 'warmed up' to around 30 - 35 it shut off and has stayed off. I imagine once we get another cold front it will be the same thing.
you sure your fixed flat is not on the low side on pressure?
Old 01-26-10 | 01:12 PM
Meadow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
you sure your fixed flat is not on the low side on pressure?
Yes, I checked it when the light was still on. Then one day (once the outside temperature warmed) that warning light just shut off.
Old 02-16-10 | 10:06 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Lightbulb How to fix non-OEM TPMs (sensors) warning lights and message

Originally Posted by LexiGS
hm...I just had my new wheels installed with new TPMS and fit kit, and I have drove about 50 miles already, it seems like the car initialize warning system by itself, is it possible?!?! I did not change the button from "MAIN" to "2nd", the tire pressure light hasn't light up yet.......am I lucky!?! or it's just not time yet?
Originally Posted by memasterac
Did your warning lights go off?

Mine went off just about 200 miles after I changed the wheels/tires and "NEW" TPMS. It's just weird. You suppose the lights to come up right away after installing new wheels but they did not. I will bring the car back to the tire shop hoping they can fix it. If not I then have to take to the dealer and pay $$ to have the new TPMS ID programmed?

Updating my experience:

If you are buying a new set of non-OEM tire pressure sensors you will need to have it programmed to the car’s ECU. That means to register each of four tire pressure sensors’ ID by using the automotive handheld OBD device. I had the tire shop did it for me and the check system warning lights and message went away! I want to drive for at least 200 miles before I call it a complete. (I have the replaced OEM wheels/tires/TPMs separated far away from my car.) There is also the Lexus dealer’s experience summed in the next paragraph.

America’s Tire Co. installed my new wheels/tires. I use them for all my cars wheel/tire and find their work/service are mostly satisfactory. They are not the top notch company but they meet my needs and it is the most important thing to me. So after the tire “check system” lights and message went off the tire tech help me to register the new sensors and failed. I then took the car to the local Lexus dealer to fix the problem. I was quoted (by the local Lexus dealer) and paid $169 to perform the diagnostic procedures and later the dealer told me “the aftermarket sensors will not initialize and are not compatible with the vehicle’s monitoring System”. I went back to America’s tire Co to discuss with the manager about having them putting my OEM tire pressure sensors to the new wheels (on their dime) and he agreed. The manager offered to perform one more OBD procedure by himself and this time it worked. Compare with his tech earlier, the difference was he reset (initial) tire pressure after the OBD and voila! Now I am relieved but pissed off about the s***ty job Lexus did to ripped off their customers. There is no such TPMs thing call "not compatible" the only thing not compatible is Lexus technician's technical ability in this professional industry.
Old 02-16-10 | 05:49 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ thats good to know.
Old 03-04-10 | 08:39 PM
peewhy
Driver

Originally Posted by SGT
Nope, they're aftermarket. They look like this:

fog lamps? aftermarket? yellow blubs?
Old 03-04-10 | 08:53 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by peewhy
fog lamps? aftermarket? yellow blubs?
Yep, they're XenonDepot 3000K HID bulbs.
Old 03-04-10 | 09:04 PM
peewhy
Driver

Originally Posted by SGT
Yep, they're XenonDepot 3000K HID bulbs.

was talking about the fog lamps?!

Quick Reply: Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's