GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Snap, crackle, pop. My GS300

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-06, 02:39 PM
greg h
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hope they fix the problem

I took my car to Lexus of Westminster today and even went for a test drive with the service manager. Luckily the service manager DID hear some of the "pops" coming from the dash and told me to leave my car with him for a few days. He said they were going to take apart the dash and give it more insulation plus perhaps due a few other things. I really hope this works!! Thanks again to Poppfly for the advice on who to see.
Old 05-24-06, 03:11 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Thanks again to Poppfly for the advice on who to see.
Ur welcome Greg,!!!.

Pete's great huh? Tell him I said sup, and thanks for the great service. Has he showed you the "drag race" video tween the 430 and 450H? He'll show you some kool stuff with ur navi too when you pick up your car.

Old 05-25-06, 04:25 PM
greg h
Driver School Candidate

Default Got the call

Well the Lexus service department just called and said they think they have the problem fixed. He said something about a problem where the windshield meets the dash. He also stated they did not have to put any additional padding in the dash as originally planned. I will see tomorrow when I test drive the car with the service mgr. I'm cautiously optimistic
Old 05-26-06, 11:12 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Well the Lexus service department just called and said they think they have the problem fixed. He said something about a problem where the windshield meets the dash. He also stated they did not have to put any additional padding in the dash as originally planned. I will see tomorrow when I test drive the car with the service mgr. I'm cautiously optimistic
Very kewl dude. Be sure to post, and let us know if it was fixed.

Old 05-27-06, 05:06 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts

It seems that this popping scenario is not unknown to Lexus. The Rx has had many issues in this Dept. It looks as if there are tack welds that need to be redone...as well as others that have been neglegted. These are necessary to resolve this creaking popping issue. When the body flexes the popping sound. For the Rx it was in the Sunroof area. I've been reassured this is somewhat major and Lexus is addressing it. However for all of the members that still have this issue...... Go to Corporate. It is a known issue. Good luck.
Old 05-27-06, 09:43 PM
paki4lyfe
Driver School Candidate

this is realy frustratin now.....i hve goin to the dealer ship for 6 months for the daash issue ...i went last time n told them this is really dissaoppointing abt lexus ...the service manager said to me jus give them the last chance to fix my car n now 2 weeks later sounds comin frm dash n agian dash i called the dealership 2day n got the appointment for teusday lets c wat happens.........this problem is spreadin like bird flu...lol....lexus has to do sumthin...
Old 05-30-06, 04:17 PM
greg h
Driver School Candidate

Default Poping still around

My car is still making noises. After getting it back from Lexus of Westminster the poping sounds that used to come from the dash/windshield areas are gone however there is now sounds coming from the area around the navi system. The armrest is also noisy. I've only had this car a few weeks but my patience is wearing out fast. I'm really considering dumping this car and getting a ES 350 as lifes too short to be annoyed everytime I get in my car.
Old 05-31-06, 03:21 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts

As I have posted before, tack welds to aid in this scenario is not an easy fix. This is something that Lexus must address. The entire car has to taken apart to do this work. Where is the TSB? Many owners are complaining.
Old 05-31-06, 06:06 PM
greg h
Driver School Candidate

It was really bad today in my car. It was hot and man were there ever constant rattles and sounds coming from all over(door,dash,navi system). Its definately worse in hot weather. I even noticed white waiting at a long light it would sometimes make a few poping sounds. My dealer appointement is friday and I'm going to be quite vocal in my complaints. I really really want to love this car just make these sounds go away!!
Old 05-31-06, 07:56 PM
paki4lyfe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by greg h
My car is still making noises. After getting it back from Lexus of Westminster the poping sounds that used to come from the dash/windshield areas are gone however there is now sounds coming from the area around the navi system. The armrest is also noisy. I've only had this car a few weeks but my patience is wearing out fast. I'm really considering dumping this car and getting a ES 350 as lifes too short to be annoyed everytime I get in my car.
i agreee...pstience is really down now....i gave the car today called the corporate office..they seem to take all this very easy.........its sad tht ownin 3 lexus dunt make a difference to them......lets c wat happens dealer gonna call ma tomoroow ..for latest on my car
Old 06-01-06, 01:42 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Greg the extra padding in the armrest eliminated my problems with noises.....

Old 06-01-06, 04:03 PM
greg h
Driver School Candidate

Charles,
Thanks for the info. I plan on having them put extra padding on my armrest for sure. I'm convinced the heat causes something to go wrong and thus creates noises. I'm looking forward to my appointment tomorrow.
Old 06-01-06, 11:42 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Charles,
Thanks for the info. I plan on having them put extra padding on my armrest for sure. I'm convinced the heat causes something to go wrong and thus creates noises. I'm looking forward to my appointment tomorrow.
Good luck Greg