GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Is Lexus gold?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-06, 05:33 AM
LVLEXUS
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Is Lexus gold?

I have been walking around with 43K cash in my pocket and so far every dealer that I went to ( 3) and told them that I wanted to buy a 06 GS300 with Nav and ML,,,,,,,and they bascially told me "Have a nice day" There is some water or soda pop in customer waiting lounge. So I got the message.....after being a LOYAL customer for 6 years....they dont want my business......amazing on how sales thinks they are go golden.........I better start looking elsewhere for another product.
Old 05-21-06, 09:21 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LVLEXUS
I have been walking around with 43K cash in my pocket and so far every dealer that I went to ( 3) and told them that I wanted to buy a 06 GS300 with Nav and ML,,,,,,,and they bascially told me "Have a nice day" There is some water or soda pop in customer waiting lounge. So I got the message.....after being a LOYAL customer for 6 years....they dont want my business......amazing on how sales thinks they are go golden.........I better start looking elsewhere for another product.
That is foolish of the dealers and I find it really hard to believe.

We have dealers here that would sell you that car (on Clublexus) and I am sure they would ship to you.
Old 05-21-06, 09:42 AM
LVLEXUS
Driver

Default Thanks

it is TRUE.......VERY FACTUAL........
Old 05-21-06, 09:43 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LVLEXUS
it is TRUE.......VERY FACTUAL........
Which dealers? Any names?
Old 05-21-06, 09:49 AM
toyemp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've gotten similar treatment from Tustin Lexus here in CA. I was just down there a couple weeks ago getting my GS serviced and walked the lot looking for a GX470. There were no other customers on the lot at the time and the whole time, the entire sales staff just stood at the entrance looking for the next "sucker". No one ever approached me. I even walked right by them as I went inside and not even a "hi". Right there, I decided that I wasn't going to buy a car from these guys. I would have bought a GX on the spot had someone actually helped me

This was only the 2nd time I'd been to that dealership and I only went because it's the closest to my house, but I'm going back to Cerritos Lexus from now on. (I have to admit that the service manager was good at Tustin and the service dept did a good job)
Old 05-21-06, 09:55 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by toyemp
I've gotten similar treatment from Tustin Lexus here in CA. I was just down there a couple weeks ago getting my GS serviced and walked the lot looking for a GX470. There were no other customers on the lot at the time and the whole time, the entire sales staff just stood at the entrance looking for the next "sucker". No one ever approached me. I even walked right by them as I went inside and not even a "hi". Right there, I decided that I wasn't going to buy a car from these guys. I would have bought a GX on the spot had someone actually helped me

This was only the 2nd time I'd been to that dealership and I only went because it's the closest to my house, but I'm going back to Cerritos Lexus from now on. (I have to admit that the service manager was good at Tustin and the service dept did a good job)
I've had many similar experiences in Atlanta, being young and dressing like I do. I never was overwhelmed with my experience and complained a few times by being ignored or mistreated.

When I met VVTi and developed a relationship with Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett, that all changed, they are by FAR the best dealer in Atlanta, even their Atlanta location has good people. Nalley can lick my ***** and Lexus of South Atlanta is run by lying morons.

Some of us are lucky to have a choice, but even so, I would not buy from anyone who didn't make me feel like they wanted my business.
Old 05-21-06, 09:59 AM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Like i said before, you are being a bit unreasonable with the price IMO.....43K cash.....well, if you consider tax license, no way youll get a gs3 for that OTD, maybe the non-nav / non-ML ....considering tax / lic is about 8% (in ca), then you have to get the car for 39800 or so, tx / ttl / lic puts you at 43....even that is below invoice. heck Ill give you my used one for 39800 it has 7K miles, non-nav/ML , I want the gs350 and will drive the 3rd car in the meanwhile....
Old 05-21-06, 10:17 AM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LV your offer of 43K would seem to be between 17-18 hundred below factory invoice. If you take into acct taxes and licence, your offering over 3,000$ below cost for teh GS. I think its pretty safe to say any dealer would say no to that.

Methinks 45.5-46K would be about the right offer at teh end of teh month in order to get a yes.
Good Luck

Old 05-21-06, 01:45 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I must be missing something here. The $43K cash offer for what amounts to a fairly loaded GS300 is not reasonable. The dealers did not waste your time by playing games around your offer, just let you know that the deal was not possible.

As far as being greated by salesmen when you walk onto the lot, I think the local Lexus policy is far superior. There is a receptionists desk at the entry door, and a very pleasant young lady will ask if you can be helped as soon as you walk in. If you want a salesman, she will get one for you, if you just want to look, you are free to do so without being hounded by a salesman. I really like the low pressure and have found similar aat some of the better luxury car dealers for other brands.

Having $43K "cash" is not an incentive for the dealer. If he can finance or lease the vehicle to you, there are several ways he can make additional profit. The dealer gets nothing out of a cash deal.

One of the reasons I keep going back to Lexus is the way I'm treated during the sales process. I recently went into a Lincoln dealer just to look and was "attacked" by the typical eager beaver salesman who did everything but demand I buy a car. He knew nothing about the product, just how to get the monthly payment down to what I thought I could afford. Never again.

Steve
Old 05-21-06, 05:02 PM
LVLEXUS
Driver

Default Was looking today....

There is a dealer having a 3 day sale which ends today....sales prices are marked on the window....the AMAZING PART.....IDENTICAL VEHICLES..SAME EQUIPMENT..SAME MRSP...INTERIOR/EXTERIOR COLOR.....VEHICLES HAD DIFFERENT SALES PRICES....the salesperson told me that she aware of that and questioned the sales manager and was told her that it was first come first served.......dealership is in San Diego....K.M. What I am did was took the salesperson to lunch, and told her for being honest and I told her that I will be putting money back in to the bank Monday morning. MORE AMAZING THAN THE GREAT KARNACK!

DEAL OR NO DEAL? NO DEAL........

Old 05-21-06, 05:13 PM
BUSTN
Instructor

The ****ty lexus dealers around here are crooks and looking to bend everyone over as much as possible.Oh, by th eway lexus of orlando,SUCKS!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-06, 07:14 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

LV one of teh most important aspects of making a deal, is knowing dealer invoice, and what the market is like for that car. U can take as many sales persons out to lunch that you want, but if your offering them a deal in which they make no profit, all your doing is wasting ur time, not theirs...

Old 05-21-06, 10:02 PM
S L I C K
Lead Lap

Lexus is platinum, not gold. Good luck with your 3GS purchase.
Old 05-22-06, 07:05 AM
oneeyejack
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by toyemp

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I've had many similar experiences in Atlanta, being young and dressing like I do. I never was overwhelmed with my experience and complained a few times by being ignored or mistreated.

When I met VVTi and developed a relationship with Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett, that all changed, they are by FAR the best dealer in Atlanta, even their Atlanta location has good people. Nalley can lick my ***** and Lexus of South Atlanta is run by lying morons.

Some of us are lucky to have a choice, but even so, I would not buy from anyone who didn't make me feel like they wanted my business.
i've had the SAME exact experiences at a couple of dealerships and i ended up complaining to one of the managers. i walked back into the same dealership a couple of weeks later and to my surprise, people actually came up to talk to me afterwards. quite surprising.
Old 05-22-06, 12:12 PM
typeshblue
Driver

you gotta be reasonable, i would probably kick you out too, for making a ridiculous offer, hey people gotta make a living too.

Quick Reply: Is Lexus gold?