GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Maya's or Lowenhart's...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-06, 11:49 AM
vizzledizz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maya's or Lowenhart's...

Anyone on the board have any experience with Maya or Lowenhart rims on their GS? I think I've finally decided what the set-up is going to be, NF210's and then 19" rims, and I really like the black faced rim w/ polished lip...

Any wisdom on these rims w/ a GS?
Old 05-22-06, 11:59 AM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

I've had lowenhart BS5's on my GS400. The rims look nice. But it comes down to your preference. One thing though, since it is a reversed lip rim, when you get water in the channel you may feel a slight vibration. Small price to pay though for looks. Now I have something even better.

Chris
Old 05-22-06, 04:49 PM
GSKING430
Driver

I have 20 inch Lowneharts. I have cracked a few now and Lownehart doesn't sell seperate epicec so I'm always stuck buying a whole new wheel. If you go 3 piece make sure you can buy seperate pieces incase of an accident or crack? Just my two cents good luck bro. Heres a pic of mine
Attached Thumbnails Maya's or Lowenhart's...-picture-241.jpg  
Old 05-22-06, 11:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i would choose maya, better imho

better yet, get trafficstar by riverside, the company that makes wheels for maya anyway and you can probably get them for cheaper
Old 05-23-06, 02:19 PM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GSKING430
I have 20 inch Lowneharts. I have cracked a few now and Lownehart doesn't sell seperate epicec so I'm always stuck buying a whole new wheel. If you go 3 piece make sure you can buy seperate pieces incase of an accident or crack? Just my two cents good luck bro. Heres a pic of mine
IMPO I've had ALOT of experience w/ both companies and I don't like to put products down, but both wheels are know to be prone to bending and cracking... I haven't personally owned a set, but know MANY people that do and it's a re-occurring problem.

But, the wheels look great. They have many beautiful styles...
Old 05-23-06, 02:43 PM
vizzledizz
Driver School Candidate

Yikes, really? For the amount that those wheels cost, you'd expect them to hold up. Any suggestions on wheel brands that are known to stand up well?
Old 05-23-06, 05:44 PM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vizzledizz
Yikes, really? For the amount that those wheels cost, you'd expect them to hold up. Any suggestions on wheel brands that are known to stand up well?
There are many choices available.. It all depends on budget though. let me know what you want to spend and I can throw out a couiple suggestions!
Old 05-23-06, 10:40 PM
AlterZgo
Driver

Originally Posted by Eternity3G
There are many choices available.. It all depends on budget though. let me know what you want to spend and I can throw out a couiple suggestions!
So what rims would you recommend in the $3K - $4K price range with tires. I'm looking for 19s or 20s (more likely 19s due to greater durability). I like machined silver or hyper black w/ a polished or chrome lip but don't like all chrome rims. Rims w/ a nice deep lip are cool, but I also like rims where the spokes go directly to the edge, but the center part is curved in like these stock Audi RS4 rims:

Most importantly, I think the rims need to look classy rather than over the top flashy. Any suggestions?
Old 05-24-06, 10:43 AM
teemunz
Driver

Default Lorenzo L11

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
So what rims would you recommend in the $3K - $4K price range with tires. I'm looking for 19s or 20s (more likely 19s due to greater durability). I like machined silver or hyper black w/ a polished or chrome lip but don't like all chrome rims. Rims w/ a nice deep lip are cool, but I also like rims where the spokes go directly to the edge, but the center part is curved in like these stock Audi RS4 rims:

Most importantly, I think the rims need to look classy rather than over the top flashy. Any suggestions?
Lorenzo L11 (20' smallest)

These are the ones I wish to add to my 06 GS300 RWD (Black/Black). Let me know what you guys thinks...with tires priced around 3500.

http://www.lorenzowheels.com/main.html

~T~
Attached Thumbnails Maya's or Lowenhart's...-lorenzoforged.jpg  
Old 05-24-06, 12:19 PM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Volk wheels! maybe any of the GT Series wheels... or the SF- Fine Forged wheel series... Volk/Rays wheels are some of the best quality wheels that are reasonably priced.

http://mackinindustries.com/md/rays/volk.html
Old 05-24-06, 01:13 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eternity3G
Volk wheels! maybe any of the GT Series wheels... or the SF- Fine Forged wheel series... [/url]
How about Volk Progressiv TE?

Kind of sporty, but nice.
Attached Thumbnails Maya's or Lowenhart's...-pic01.jpg  
Old 05-24-06, 01:15 PM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by marshmallo
How about Volk Progressiv TE?

Kind of sporty, but nice.
That's what I'm talking about... Nice... very nice....
Old 05-24-06, 01:23 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Lowenhardts = Plaaaaayed out!

Go for some Weds, Work, AME, Fabulous....the real stuff!!!
Old 05-24-06, 05:39 PM
AlterZgo
Driver

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The Volk Progressive style rims look pretty good, but aren't they in the $800 - $1000 per rim price range? Would it be possible to get those in the $3K - $4K range with tires?
Old 05-24-06, 05:54 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The Volk Progressive style rims look pretty good, but aren't they in the $800 - $1000 per rim price range? Would it be possible to get those in the $3K - $4K range with tires?
I would try to PM Carson Toyota. If they still carry these rims they may have a
25% discount for CL members...

Also, I forgot to mention that the front may have to be Face 1, which is flat,
not concave...

This is a photo from one of the members who was trying to sell...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ght=progressiv

Quick Reply: Maya's or Lowenhart's...