GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Illuminated Scuff Plates

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-06, 03:15 PM
Budd28
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, I got them off Luis, I got em for 500 bux, please correct if I'm wrong but I though they used to be 800. I think that one site lextacy sells them for 850 dollars. I hear theyre not good to buy from them anyways, but thats another story.
Old 06-21-06, 08:59 PM
goodstuff
Driver School Candidate

Default lighted scuff plates

does anyone know if the ones that are on the rx450h are the same size as the space on the 06 gs430 for fitment? if they are i may have a cheeper way to do this someone let me know and ill post what i find out. btw what color do the ones from the rx 450h light up in? i havea friend that owns a bodyshop and i can get parts at a really good deal . thanks guys what ever i learn ill pass on
Old 06-30-06, 04:15 AM
kissbang
Pole Position

Hmm.. nice... But not $500 shmackers nice. Too much for my blood.

Sorry if I didn't understand what you said, but since the car didn't stock with them, does that mean you'd have to splice some wires?
Old 06-30-06, 04:32 AM
Budd28
Rookie

Doesnt look like any wire splicing is needed, since it has vampires. But gotta see how to tell which wires have power when the door is open.

Sorry for no update, I'm stuck working massive overtime and wont have a day off until Monday the 10th of July to put these on.
Old 06-30-06, 02:53 PM
knicker
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Eternity3G
I haven't even taken the plastic off my stock ones yet... is that too ****?
Thats pretty funny I have had my car since december and the plastic still covers mine also. Hey we may not have the same likes when it comes to styling our GS's but hey atleast we take care of them.
Old 07-01-06, 09:35 AM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by knicker
Thats pretty funny I have had my car since december and the plastic still covers mine also. Hey we may not have the same likes when it comes to styling our GS's but hey atleast we take care of them.
Kudos to you... i'll agree to agree with you on that!
Old 07-01-06, 09:43 AM
Budd28
Rookie

Ya my plastic is still on to, but I think when I put the new plates on Im gonna take the plastic off, even though I hate to. Im very careful not to rub my feet on everthing getting into the car but it seems like everyone else getting in the car does. Plastic on illuminated would defeat the purpose I guess
Old 07-02-06, 10:56 AM
DrComputer
Pole Position

If all of you still have the plastic on your scuf plates that means your dealer didn't do their job correctly on delivery and remove it. Part of their PDI (pre-delivery inspection) checklist is to remove all shipping plastic.
Old 07-02-06, 01:18 PM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DrComputer
If all of you still have the plastic on your scuf plates that means your dealer didn't do their job correctly on delivery and remove it. Part of their PDI (pre-delivery inspection) checklist is to remove all shipping plastic.
I requested for it to be left on...
Old 07-11-06, 11:40 PM
Budd28
Rookie

The new plates are on and look amazing, will post pics soon, I said I would put install instructions, but it was to complicated so I had a shop install them, they had to tap into different powers so that each plate would come on individually. I wasnt even trying to attempt putting these in myself. They did a great job and if they read this I wanna say thanks again. If you get them any competent shop should install them in a coule hours.
Old 07-12-06, 08:26 AM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Budd28
The new plates are on and look amazing, will post pics soon, I said I would put install instructions, but it was to complicated so I had a shop install them, they had to tap into different powers so that each plate would come on individually. I wasnt even trying to attempt putting these in myself. They did a great job and if they read this I wanna say thanks again. If you get them any competent shop should install them in a coule hours.
Hey Budd,

You know teasing is considered a sin on this forum right? YOU CAN"T FREAKIN POST THIS W/O PICTURES!!! sorry... temporary lapse of sanity... jeez....

ok.. so where's the pics? let us see!
Old 07-12-06, 10:39 AM
Budd28
Rookie

Originally Posted by Eternity3G
Hey Budd,

You know teasing is considered a sin on this forum right? YOU CAN"T FREAKIN POST THIS W/O PICTURES!!! sorry... temporary lapse of sanity... jeez....

ok.. so where's the pics? let us see!
Tonight my friend I will post some nice pics, but heres a little tease since it was way to dark outside for my camera... I give you this for now.

Old 07-12-06, 11:49 AM
BLAQ ICE
Driver

COOL scuff lights. Good mod
Old 07-18-06, 12:25 PM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

looking good budd... btw.. Ken has your car near mine at EXC... already set...
Old 07-19-06, 10:31 AM
Budd28
Rookie

Thanks, my camera sucks so I cant get better night shots, and in the day you can hardly tell how that they light up, and thanks see you at the show.

Quick Reply: Illuminated Scuff Plates