GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS headrest.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-06, 08:24 PM
ferrarilon
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS headrest.

Has anyone put a headrest on the new GS? Any pics? Any suggestion might help!
Old 07-10-06, 07:46 AM
3m ta3
Lead Lap

do you mean t.v. screens? if so I did have 2 10.2" sav v and 2 6" visor installed.I'll get pix a.s.a.p.
Old 07-11-06, 11:36 PM
Budd28
Rookie

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=222147
Old 07-12-06, 10:36 PM
ferrarilon
Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering what kinda headrest is that. Is that the stock GS headrest, or you had to put something else. I have navagation on my lexus, so is it possible to put an extra dvd player and input into the screen? Help me please haha
Old 07-12-06, 11:12 PM
Budd28
Rookie

Not the stock headrest, custom made from SAVV. Send your original headrest to them and they match material and seat stich patern, and yes you can bypass Nav with an external source such as an aftermarket DVD player.
Old 07-13-06, 07:31 PM
ferrarilon
Rookie

So basically the Dvd player plays to the navagation and to the headrests, and there should be an input from the dvd player to the navagation? Thanks.. where is SAVV?
Old 07-14-06, 01:44 AM
luciush
Driver

Originally Posted by ferrarilon
So basically the Dvd player plays to the navagation and to the headrests, and there should be an input from the dvd player to the navagation? Thanks.. where is SAVV?

"you do it first" lol
Old 07-14-06, 06:26 AM
dandd2
Lead Lap

take your car to where u bought your rims from...

713 Motoring/Custom Car Stereo...
I was going to get head rests in the screen...they do custom installations for your headrests which runs into the $5000 range since they use ur stock headrests and cut into those..
now if you want to just replace your headrests with aftermarket sets that already come placed w/ tv's its a hella cheaper price..i think for some 8'' screens + headrests + dvd player from myron and davis was quoted at $1500
myron and davis quality is
go check them out and talk to that mexican guy in the front counter..i forgot his name, but they have all those headrests and brands on display
goodluckbro

edit.....
u were asking about another dvd video source....if you get that installation you will be able to watch 2 different dvds in at the same time..
one thru the stock lexus one
and the second one being the added dvd player
also it comes with a video source so u can plug your xbox/ps2/cube..etc in..
Old 07-14-06, 02:40 PM
3m ta3
Lead Lap

I put some pics in the GS 430 gallery
Attached Images  

Last edited by 3m ta3; 08-03-06 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-14-06, 10:12 PM
ferrarilon
Rookie

Originally Posted by mkim1120
take your car to where u bought your rims from...

713 Motoring/Custom Car Stereo...
I was going to get head rests in the screen...they do custom installations for your headrests which runs into the $5000 range since they use ur stock headrests and cut into those..
now if you want to just replace your headrests with aftermarket sets that already come placed w/ tv's its a hella cheaper price..i think for some 8'' screens + headrests + dvd player from myron and davis was quoted at $1500
myron and davis quality is
go check them out and talk to that mexican guy in the front counter..i forgot his name, but they have all those headrests and brands on display
goodluckbro

edit.....
u were asking about another dvd video source....if you get that installation you will be able to watch 2 different dvds in at the same time..
one thru the stock lexus one
and the second one being the added dvd player
also it comes with a video source so u can plug your xbox/ps2/cube..etc in..
Thanks for all the reply. I know that Custom Stereo can do all the stuff I want, but definitely cost alot of money. The thing I really want to do is watching dvd while I am driving, but at the same time having two more screens on the headrests. I understand that there is NO output from the factory dvd player, that is the reason why I might need a sepearte dvd player on the side. The question I have is that if I really have a sepearte dvd source, is it possible to input it to the factory Navagation screen and pulling two more on the headrests. Thanks again...
Old 07-15-06, 05:16 PM
dandd2
Lead Lap

Thanks for all the reply. I know that Custom Stereo can do all the stuff I want, but definitely cost alot of money. The thing I really want to do is watching dvd while I am driving, but at the same time having two more screens on the headrests. I understand that there is NO output from the factory dvd player, that is the reason why I might need a sepearte dvd player on the side. The question I have is that if I really have a sepearte dvd source, is it possible to input it to the factory Navagation screen and pulling two more on the headrests. Thanks again...

yes
custom car and stereo said they can just do that and have your factory dvd/navi run as the main and have those on the headrests

oh ya and having the dvd by pass done at custom car is $125
Old 07-30-06, 02:59 PM
JoesLex760
Driver School Candidate

Default Where is SAVV? Number?

Originally Posted by Budd28
Not the stock headrest, custom made from SAVV. Send your original headrest to them and they match material and seat stich patern, and yes you can bypass Nav with an external source such as an aftermarket DVD player.
Hi I was wondiering if you had a contact number for SAVV? or what do you do to get a custom set of headrest for the 06' Lexus GS.....? Thank You!
Old 07-31-06, 08:52 PM
Budd28
Rookie

(562) 407-1717 to find an authorized dealer nearest you
Old 08-02-06, 10:08 PM
Wigalo
Driver School Candidate

Here are old pics of my custom screens as they were being installed. they turned out awesome. My local stereo shop made custom molds from the oem headrests. they also kept them in case they did another gs. Let me know if you want me to snap "final product"photos or if you want info on the shop that can custom fit the screens to your oem headrests.

Last edited by Wigalo; 08-02-06 at 10:14 PM.