GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The wife got a FIXIT ticket today

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-06, 12:11 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The wife got a FIXIT ticket today

SO the wife calls me this morning telling me that she is literally down the street pulled over by an officer. She got a FIXIT ticket for the TINTS and no front plate.

I think i wont do anything. Love my tint and hate to make holes in the front bumper. What do you guys think can happen if we ignore the fixit and keep driving like this? Is there like a second warning or do they have the FIXIT on record so they can slap us with the actual ticket?
Old 07-19-06, 12:21 PM
Ichigo
Pole Position

sorry to hear about the fixit tickets... but its been my experience that if you dont pay the ticket within a given period, then the penalty will increase significantly. Check around the forum for ways to mount the front plate without drilling. As for the tint....thats your call.
Old 07-19-06, 12:24 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Depends on your state. Over here in MD. they can issue a fixit ticket and then you have to take the car to them (State Police) once work has been done, to have reinspected before fixit ticket is cleared. Fine would not be out of the question either at the time of fixit ticket. Like I said, just depends on your state laws and interpretations.
Old 07-19-06, 12:33 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

A ticket is a ticket, a fixit ticket is considered an infraction, like a parking ticket, if ignored could result into misdemeanor:

"Correctable" Equipment Violations

Infraction
No fine, if proof of correction is given to court.
If ignored, $1,000 + 6 months in jail
Usually not on your record
License not suspended
Generally no insurance consequences

Ignoring a Ticket / Failure to Appear in Court / Failure to Pay a Fine

Misdemeanor. Prosecutor may elect to treat as an infraction
Fine likely: $100 - $200. Max: $1,000 (plus penalty assessments) + 6 months in jail. Also, maybe add'l $250 civil penalty, 50% late charge, and/or automatic conviction of underlying offense
On your record. May make it hard to be released from jail without bail in future cases
DMV will suspend license until underlying offense and failure to appear charge is adjudicated
No insurance consequences
Old 07-19-06, 12:43 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by EmeraldLexuSC3
A ticket is a ticket, a fixit ticket is considered an infraction, like a parking ticket, if ignored could result into misdemeanor:

"Correctable" Equipment Violations

Infraction
No fine, if proof of correction is given to court.
If ignored, $1,000 + 6 months in jail
Usually not on your record
License not suspended
Generally no insurance consequences

Ignoring a Ticket / Failure to Appear in Court / Failure to Pay a Fine

Misdemeanor. Prosecutor may elect to treat as an infraction
Fine likely: $100 - $200. Max: $1,000 (plus penalty assessments) + 6 months in jail. Also, maybe add'l $250 civil penalty, 50% late charge, and/or automatic conviction of underlying offense
On your record. May make it hard to be released from jail without bail in future cases
DMV will suspend license until underlying offense and failure to appear charge is adjudicated
No insurance consequences
Thank you and HOLY CRAP!!!!
Old 07-19-06, 12:46 PM
jiggawho0o
Driver School Candidate

Best bet. Hopefully you know a cop/sheriff (not sure which department) and he can write it off for you. If you don't perhaps ask your friends if they know any cops/sheriffs. That's how a few of my friends do it. Depending what part of cali you're in, cops prolly wont stress too much on writing it off.

How dark is the tint in your front windows? As it may be inconvienent, if you want to keep your tint, I would drive with my windows down in nice areas. Most likely because cops in nice areas (low crime) have nothing better to do and will actually pull you over for petty offenses.

best of luck
Old 07-19-06, 12:47 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How dark is your tint?
Old 07-19-06, 04:32 PM
Fujifuzz
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

In Calfornia, I had a CHP give me tinted window ticket and my options were to pay $150.00 or fix the tinted windows and pay $10.00 - 15.00. My choice was to pay the 150 and leave the windows alone.
Old 07-19-06, 04:40 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Interesting suggesions and advice guys

Actually my wife's best friend husband works for LAPD. We'll give him a call today.

I dont what exact tint i have but it is 1 step less than limo.

I agree with the "cops had nothing better to do" comment.
Old 07-20-06, 10:18 AM
GS450h FTL
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default eye problems

Originally Posted by NYlexus
Interesting suggesions and advice guys

Actually my wife's best friend husband works for LAPD. We'll give him a call today.

I dont what exact tint i have but it is 1 step less than limo.

I agree with the "cops had nothing better to do" comment.
FWIW- when I lived in NY I got a ticket for tinted windows in SI, I got a note from my optometrist indicating a condition I had that allowed me to have the tint. It was alwhile ago so I don't remember what "condition" I had-maybe glaucoma? Whatever I had, it was accepted by the law, the law may have changed but I thought I would share....
Old 07-20-06, 01:23 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NYlexus
I had a friend also sign off on my fix-it ticket.
Old 07-23-06, 01:38 PM
CyberSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fujifuzz
In Calfornia, I had a CHP give me tinted window ticket and my options were to pay $150.00 or fix the tinted windows and pay $10.00 - 15.00. My choice was to pay the 150 and leave the windows alone.
I assume that paying the $150 won't protect you from future tint tickets. Anyways, towards the end of the month, I drive with my windows open more often. Same with overcast days. If cops can't see through our tint during the day. They have reason to ticket you.
Old 07-24-06, 09:12 AM
jiggawho0o
Driver School Candidate

Someone may want to check the legality of this, But i've been told when asking around if I should tint my driver + passenger side windows, that if asked by a police officer to roll up your windows, you arn't legally obligated to.

Somoeone more familar with this might want to confirm?
And depending on the officer, this may prompt them to just look around for further infractions and may just do little things to inconvienence you like make you get out the car and all.
Old 07-24-06, 09:29 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

The optometrist idea above is a good one

On the plate thing for years I drove without a front plate. Only was warned a couple times, no fix it ticket.

I had a plan that I never completed as I never got the ticket. I also did NOT want to drill holes in the bumper. My plan was to build a bracket. Take a couple of pieces of flat steel say 3/4" by 1/8" thick. bend them in such a was as to attached them from under the bumper in existing bolt holes. Bend the metal in such a was as to place the plate more or less correctly. Get the ticket signed off and then remove it. Keep the bracket for later use. You can always tell the officer your bracket was damaged in a minor bump and you are going to have it fixed "this" weekend
Old 08-03-06, 03:09 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Here is something that I did similar to what JBRADY is taliking about. I got some shelf type angle metal from Home Depot I happen to get them powder coated when I got my SRT intake coated.
I cut one piece into 2 small pieces and drilled 2 holes I used that to mount on top of the bumper ledge.. I have the RMM bumper and the mounting location was pretty small. I then had 2 nuts tack welded on the top piece.
This mod keeps any holes on the front of your bumper. plus it is quick and easy to remove.
Bracket w/ top piece- the nuts are tack welded to the top piece.

bottom view of RMM bumper. screws in bumper

Brackets on the back of the license plate.

Bracket on the bumper.

License plate on. bottom view.

Front view w/ plate on. could not get a good front shot. car is down ,changing coolant.

Quick Reply: The wife got a FIXIT ticket today