GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Shoulda gotten Navi.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-06, 09:44 AM
redhwangso
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shoulda gotten Navi.

One thing i regret about GS300 is that i didnt get a navigation system on the car.

First i thought i wasn't going to need it. But... its just more convenient and useful now that i think about it.

Any recommendations? any aftermarket? i dont really want after market since its gonna be tearing down the stock head unit.

is it even an option to install the stock navigation into my car? if so .. how much?
Old 07-20-06, 12:16 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by redhwangso
One thing i regret about GS300 is that i didnt get a navigation system on the car.

First i thought i wasn't going to need it. But... its just more convenient and useful now that i think about it.

Any recommendations? any aftermarket? i dont really want after market since its gonna be tearing down the stock head unit.

is it even an option to install the stock navigation into my car? if so .. how much?
I used to think navi was no big deal.
My ex gf got navi on her Lex tho, and it totally changed my mind on navi. It's sooooo valuable and useful...

Old 07-21-06, 11:26 AM
BLAQ ICE
Driver

As a last chance gesture, cell phones can be turned into navigational units. There are about two out on the market right now and one is a RAZR by Verizon. If you get one, just put it on NAVI and have the speaker on the phone initiated, you should be able to hear the voice RAZR commands through the bluetooth system in your GS. And there you go Cell-Navi.
Old 07-21-06, 11:41 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The aftermarket Eclipse unit is really nice. It is basically the 5th gen nav that Lexus uses. But I'm not sure how you would integrate that unit, since the non-nav GS still uses the touchscreen for AC.

Installing a stock navigation is possible, but would be really expensive. When I had my '99GS, I looked into this option. But the price was way too high, around $4k.