GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

' 06 GS300 financing

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-06, 02:09 PM
chicolex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ' 06 GS300 financing

Hi all,

it's been a while since i posted in here. i have a few questions to ask, I sold my is300 a while back and now im in the market for a new lexus, most likely GS300. I need some info from those who finance their GS. I'm not sure i'll get approved since my credit score is not that high, i just graduated college and now that i have a job with the biggest player, secure and promising, in the industry and i'm thinking maybe i can afford a new car now and fix my credit at the same time. My debt / income ratio is very good. I only have $ 6,xxx debt. That's it nothing else. no student loan either but my credit score is low. I'm planning to put down 60 % of the sale price and finance the rest. will they approve me ?

Thanks for the input
Old 07-22-06, 02:31 PM
xSnert
Driver School Candidate

My guess is yes. With a down payment that high, you should have no problem financing the car because the lender would have very little risk. If they have to repo the car, they odds are good that it will be worth more than the 40% they have into it.

I'd pay off the $6K (but don't close accounts), and make a smaller down payment on the car. Start with 20% and work up from there as necessary until you're approved. Put whatever cash you have left in a savings account and don't touch it. That way you'll have something to fall back on in the event of the unexpected. Make investments from newly earned income - leave the savings alone. Then make car payments that are about 20% higher than the minimum. Pay off your cc balances each month. If you have to carry a balance, make sure your payments are about 20% higher than minimum there too.

P.S. - No job is secure. Unless maybe you work for the government.
Old 07-22-06, 04:28 PM
chicolex
Rookie

Originally Posted by xSnert
My guess is yes. With a down payment that high, you should have no problem financing the car because the lender would have very little risk. If they have to repo the car, they odds are good that it will be worth more than the 40% they have into it.

I'd pay off the $6K (but don't close accounts), and make a smaller down payment on the car. Start with 20% and work up from there as necessary until you're approved. Put whatever cash you have left in a savings account and don't touch it. That way you'll have something to fall back on in the event of the unexpected. Make investments from newly earned income - leave the savings alone. Then make car payments that are about 20% higher than the minimum. Pay off your cc balances each month. If you have to carry a balance, make sure your payments are about 20% higher than minimum there too.

P.S. - No job is secure. Unless maybe you work for the government.
Thanks alot for your reply, you are right in most part. I think i should save aside some money to pay the 6k and the rest to finance till i get approved. You're also right about the gov't sector, they have unlmited budget . I work for one of the big 4 and sometime i think it scares me when when we are talking about budget. I have to commute between client and my house and comp. pays me per mile i drive, it's about 45 miles each way so i figure i can easily pay the mos. payment. Thanks once again