GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Having problems again!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-06, 11:22 PM
soflGSguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having problems again!

I am shocked by Lexus, I am at wits end with the GS, lovely car dose everything I need it to do when it works.

This is my 2nd 2006 GS my first one was a dealer buy back do to the seatbelt not working, among other problems, such as telling them my glove bocks is rattling and they replace a speaker, tell them 2nd time glove bock is rattling they replace a 2nd speaker, I tell them a 3rd time the glove box is rattling they replace a 3rd speaker. Then they finely on the 4th time fixed the glove box problem with a tiny pad smaller then a finger nail.

New GS tell them my tires are rubbing and not wearing right, they told me there low on air, I tell them don’t I have tire air sensors they told me yes but they wouldn’t go off for that????,, wonder what they are for then if not to tell you, you are low on air?

Called made appointment they had nothing for 2 weeks if I wanted a loaner car do o waited for 5k serves go in they told me it be a 2 hour wait, no car, I left because I had school in an hour had to recall for anther one and they have a car for me, get my car back with a bolt in the tire not a nail or a screw but a bolt in my tire. BTW this isn’t the first bolt I got from there dealer ship there loaner they gave me went all the way flat with a 3inch bolt in the tire. Don’t ever bother calling them about it, now my 2 bad tires are good but my front bad, passenger tire is almost bold. At 5,800, and my driver tire fine but is all feathered on the side, and rubbing they tell and they do nothing but tell me I need new tires.

I have had much more stuff happen, for one my window tins have bubbles and they cant fix them because they are remodeling the dealer ship and I have to wait 6months before they will fix them, but those are the high lights, I am looking to get a new car and get out of this, 2nd GS I once loved Lexus, but now I can’t see why people buy them.

Anyone own a BMW or Infiniti? I don’t car about reliability that isn’t the problem it’s the way the treat you when you tell them about a problem. Or any ideas of what to get that wont give me so much problems?
Old 08-06-06, 11:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

everyone has to do with your dealership experience, and you are generalizing it to the whole lexus brand? not sure if that's a fair statement. i for one has been getting superb services from my lexus visits.

sorry to hear about your problems, i wish you could find a better dealership that can diagnose your problems more easily and provide better service.
Old 08-07-06, 07:22 AM
LexFather

Re-opened.

Last edited by LexFather; 08-07-06 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-07-06, 06:37 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Tire pressure sensors will alert you when you critically need air in one or more tires. If they lit up every time a tire was a little low on air, it would drive you insane. Check the air in your tires every couple of weeks, and fill them to specs. Don't forget to check pressure in the morning when the tires are cold. Do some simple math when you get to wherever you're going to fill the tires, and you're all set.

Now, if your tires are RUBBING, that's another issue. Are these stock wheels? If not, then it's not the dealer's problem. If they're stock and rubbing, that's a major problem, and the first I've heard of it with any stock Lexus.

I laughed when I read your line about not caring about reliability. Here you are having fits about glove box rattles and bubbles in your tint. You're going to be thrilled when you're waiting for a tow truck for that "less reliable" vehicle you're considering. I get the distinct impression that you're young, which is fine, but the way you communicate with your dealer might be part of the problem here.

If you're convinced your dealer is the problem, here's a thought: try a different Lexus dealer. It would be worth the drive if they're able to address your issues.

Last edited by 15951; 08-07-06 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-08-06, 11:44 AM
soflGSguy
Rookie

Had my car towed more then once, lol already did the waiting game, on this Lexus just want a car I can put my seatbelt on when I get into it and not have to have a fight trying to get it to come out. Yes I am young, 22 but i am a safty freak and i most have my seatbelt on when ever i drive.

yes they are stock 17inch rims on the GS300, lol not even the 18inch but 17,,

I went on about the rattles because they where not little tapping was like the glove box closing sound ever time u hit a bump, lol and they keep replacing my speakers in the ML system and scratching the front window and size window ever time I went in my side window would have to be redo the tint it was not little scratches but like brilo pad went to work on it.
Old 08-08-06, 11:55 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After (painfully) reading through your post, I can only come to a couple conclusions.

1. You need better communication skills with your dealer. Seriously, problems like rattles, tire rubbing and tint should be easily rectified by your dealer. If your dealer isn't providing satisfactory service, either go to another dealer or call Lexus Corporate.

2. You are cursed. Trade in your GS and get another car. Seriously, every post you make here is to complain about a new problem with your Lexus. Life is too short, move on.
Old 08-09-06, 12:12 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2 questions.

how could a tire be rubbing?

what do window tint bubbles or a bolt in your tire have to do with the car being a Lexus?
Old 08-09-06, 02:09 PM
okcfunky
Pole Position

Good to see a fellow young person out there who is fanatical about keeping up with their car!! Hate it when I see nice cars driven by those who don't give a rats behind. It rocks that you care man.

Some of my racing buds an family friends are techs with bmw, GM, mercedes, porsche an lexus.
Their advice to me was the following (I'm in the process of searching for a friendly Lexus dealer in Dallas).
1. Are you cool with the techs? If so, life is much easier especially when contending nasty repairs on modified vehicles and they are much happier to get the problems solved. Saved my butt a few times.
2. How long have you been going to said dealership? Did you shop around service depts., ask friends and other owners etc. ? If you haven't heard good reviews, then don't go that one. Some shops are just like a horrible nightmare come true.
3. If its a first year of a new design, are you willing to let the mfg. bugs be worked out? (cue the BMW iDrive) It doesn't matter if it's a bare bones camry or a mercedes, if it's a first year, it's GOING to have issues come up, especially true of euro makes.

As for bubbles in tint, retint, especially true for multiple layers of tint.

If your tires are rubbing, and you haven't changed the suspension, then there is a major variable changed. Large enough potholes or road hazards will bend suspension components. Have the front suspension checked to make sure the control arms, hubs, an spindles are all in spec and not damaged. If they are given clean bill of health, then I'm at a loss as to why the stock tires would rub with the body.

Some wheels are created bad, to where even if all is kosher with the tire seated, air will still leak badly because of casting and plating problems. Had that prob. with stock lexus chrome wheels at one time.

best of luck to you sorting your problems out.
btw, youll care about reliability real quick if its your only ride around. I went with lexus because I didn't want to be stranded in my garage before I head to classes, I've been down that route, it's no fun.
Old 08-09-06, 08:45 PM
soflGSguy
Rookie

Thanks you a lot okcfunky ,,, Finely someone who has something to say to help,,, I was guess the rubbing was because of the tires, never thought to ask about suspension, I been going to the dealer one year in that year had the car replaced, no one I really know have a Lexus. They all have Benz BMW and sports cars….

I am thinking of trying JM Lexus in south fl, little bit more of a drive but I think I will give them a try, Dose anyone know of a good rep at JM?
Old 08-09-06, 09:09 PM
soflGSguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by chuckb
how could a tire be rubbing?

what do window tint bubbles or a bolt in your tire have to do with the car being a Lexus?
I don’t know how they can be rubbing but when I go on ramps and in parking lots they make squeaking sounds and my front passenger tire is all most bold, and my driver side is all feathered up with under 6k and the rear tires look as new as can be on the car and this all started at 500-1000 miles and so I went to Lexus to ask why my tires look this way they said it was low air but they are still doing it after more air was in and when I went in for 5k they told me I need new tires front tires.

And for the tints Lexus tinted well the dealer did and they told me they will fix them at 5k for me when I bring it in, but they then told me they can not fix them for 6 more months or longer,,,

The bolts in the tire’s, happens when I go pick up cars from Lexus first time I got a loaner with a bolt in the tire got home only to find out its has a flat tire, picked up my car from 5k oil change get my car get home flat tire with the same type of bolt,, only happens when I go to Lexus. Never got a flat before that,, both times where come straight home from Lexus with the same bolt

And yes I am a little **** about my cars, when you almost die in a car crash because the airbags did not go off and had to have 3 years of your life wasted, in therapy. You start to see all the little things. But tires, and seatbelts are vary important to me considering the only thing that worked in my car in my car crash was the seatbelt its saved my life. And tires are also the only thing that touches the road in your car so they are also vary important.
Old 08-10-06, 10:32 PM
trent
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It seems to me that you're just having bad luck with the car, it seems to me that your alignment may be off causing the rapid tire wear, or like others have said a possible bent suspension piece, have your aligment checked ASAP!!! As for the tint, if you had it done at the dealer, there is no way they should make you wait 6 months to fix the window, I would demand to talk to the manager, or call Lexus corporate to make a complaint. You should also look into going to another dealership to resolve your problems.

Last edited by trent; 08-10-06 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-11-06, 07:43 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

when your tires rub it doesnt make a squeaking noise, the whole car shakes for a split second like when you run over grooved pavement, not a squeak
Old 08-14-06, 10:08 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The air sensor reports once you have exceeded a certain threshhold in either direction. It's meant to tell you basically when your tire pressure is so high or so low that it could be dangerous.

If it's just a little high or low (less than + or - 20%, usually) then it won't go off.