GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

No Camber adjustments!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-06, 08:45 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Camber adjustments!

Correct me if Im wrong, but the new 2IS and 3GS do not come with factory camber adjustments. Only Toe. Now why would Lexus go a cut corners like that... ???

For those that have lowered their cars, are you guys using any camber kits?

-s-
Old 08-16-06, 08:48 AM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 277 Likes on 233 Posts

Welcome to the club. None of the Infiniti G35s have ever had Camber adjustments and it has been playing havoc with both the standard cars with alignment and feathering issues as well as modified cars. The only way around it is camber kits which can get pretty pricey.
Old 08-16-06, 09:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

really? man i didn't know this. this is pretty weird. i wonder the real reason behind
Old 08-16-06, 10:00 AM
sockfocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

hmm...thats almost hard to believe
Old 08-16-06, 02:54 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

There is a camber adjustment for the AWD not sure about RWD's. I printed a few documents from the Lexus technical website a while back. I posted some scanned images of the documents. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...49#post1841749

I am not using any camber kits. With the subtle drop of the NF210's I don't think it's worth adding an additional adjusting suspension component and I don't drive the car hard.

Last edited by nardeezy; 08-16-06 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-16-06, 10:06 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Solo...is this a sign of things to come?
Old 08-17-06, 08:25 AM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! my tires are wearing funky and i was planning to align it soon... I'm taking off the CS-T's and going back to stock... screw this.. Tires are too expensive.....
Old 08-17-06, 08:54 AM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nardeezy
There is a camber adjustment for the AWD not sure about RWD's. I printed a few documents from the Lexus technical website a while back. I posted some scanned images of the documents. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...49#post1841749

I am not using any camber kits. With the subtle drop of the NF210's I don't think it's worth adding an additional adjusting suspension component and I don't drive the car hard.
whether your drive the car hard or not...the tires will wear uneven--even though you think it drives perfecetly aligned (from toe in/out adj) it will be affected...a couple friends of mine would flip the tires from side to side every 3 months so that they wear evenly--but that itself can get crazy

does anyone offer a camber plate/adj for the 3GS yet?
Old 08-17-06, 09:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Eternity3G
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! my tires are wearing funky and i was planning to align it soon... I'm taking off the CS-T's and going back to stock... screw this.. Tires are too expensive.....
lol, this coming from a baller like you? i almost have to ban you

and btw, no camber adjustment is one thing, but as long as you adjust the toe settings accordingly (read, i am not talking about stock spec), you can minimize the inside wear

my gs400 is lowered a lot, but i don't really have any problem on inside wear. that's coz' the toe is set right
Old 08-17-06, 01:20 PM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl

and btw, no camber adjustment is one thing, but as long as you adjust the toe settings accordingly (read, i am not talking about stock spec), you can minimize the inside wear

my gs400 is lowered a lot, but i don't really have any problem on inside wear. that's coz' the toe is set right
Thanks Henry.. I will look into it as soon as I decide to keep my suspension... damn JIC and HKS are starting to sound tempting...
Old 08-17-06, 04:02 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

do they offer HKS Luxury Sport coilovers yet for the 3GS?...heard they were really good...plus what is TOE?...heh...fixed up my old 2003 e39 b4 but i never changed the springs...just left it on stock sport springs with 20" rims...didn't want to lose the stock feel to the car...
Old 08-17-06, 04:41 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by baddis es
whether your drive the car hard or not...the tires will wear uneven--even though you think it drives perfecetly aligned (from toe in/out adj) it will be affected...a couple friends of mine would flip the tires from side to side every 3 months so that they wear evenly--but that itself can get crazy

does anyone offer a camber plate/adj for the 3GS yet?
How much would you want to adjust your camber? Stock, there is a camber adjustment for the rear. I have the NF210's and the front camber is slightly within specification after lowering. Visually, the rear has a significantly more negative camber.
Old 08-18-06, 01:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Thanks Henry.. I will look into it as soon as I decide to keep my suspension... damn JIC and HKS are starting to sound tempting...
no problem, dave. when you need an alignment let me know, i have a place to recommend that's pretty close to you. and they do good job. they did my sc430 and so far i don't see bad wear
Old 08-18-06, 12:35 PM
kissbang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
lol. seriously. just look at the size of your sig!!

Last edited by kissbang; 08-18-06 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-18-06, 04:34 PM
webhed
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are there any camber kits available for the 3rd gen GS yet? I just got back from getting my car aligned since I have the TEIN SS but the front wheels are .9 - 1.0 off from the stock specs. The rears close but still not within specs.

Quick Reply: No Camber adjustments!