GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

SRRY but lexus forcin me to leave gs

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-06, 05:37 PM
paki4lyfe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did not do anyhting to the loaner and i dont know how the tires got bursted because if the tire was burtsed while i was driving it then i wouldnt be able to drive it to th dealership but wen the dealer called me after 30 min to tell me that i gave them damged car i went back to see it and yes they were bursted and i was really shocked because the rim was almost touching the road and the service man told me that i did it and i have to pay for it and thats is why they revoked my laoner privilege

Last edited by paki4lyfe; 08-25-06 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-25-06, 05:51 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by paki4lyfe
i did not do anyhting to the loaner and i dont know how the tires got bursted because if the tire was burtsed while i was driving it then i wouldnt be able to drive it to th dealership but wen the dealer called me after 30 min to tell me that i gave them damged car i went back to see it and yes they were bursted and i was really shocked because the rim was almost touching the road and the service man told me that i did it and i have to pay for it and thats is why they revoked my laoner privilege
not trying to harass you, just trying to understand.
I don't get it though. the tires sidewalls were blown out? nails in tires? bent rims? what?
Old 08-25-06, 06:11 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuckb
not trying to harass you, just trying to understand.
I don't get it though. the tires sidewalls were blown out? nails in tires? bent rims? what?
This is true. Two tires won't just blow out like that unless they
were knifed or hit something really hard. If it is the latter then
the rims will probably be pretty damaged.

I am not taking anyone's side because I just don't know the
whole story. In this world there are both unethical dealers
and customers.
Old 08-25-06, 06:18 PM
paki4lyfe
Driver School Candidate

the service guy told me that its blown i asked him if they had nail in it he said they are just bursted thats what he told me it was bursted frms the centre from bottom and i told him i dont know how it happpened. side wall was as normal i checked it
Old 08-26-06, 07:02 PM
okcfunky
Pole Position

tires dont just burst randomly, sounds like the dealership is giggin' ya (you mentioned you've been to them a bunch, ALL serv. dept's don't like to work on the same prob. from the same. customer). Tires don't randomly burst alllll of a sudden, and any sig. damage to tires would have led to wheel problems and susp. misalignment.
If the tires were underinflated=dealership fault for not keeping gen. maint on their loaners
If tires overinflated=dealership fault for not keeping gen. maint.
And if the tire was bruised on a side, it would be very possible to find the location of such, dealership is just acting sketch to me.

Not gonna lie man, toss the car.

Find a dealership of any car maker that is friendly to you, proceed to buy new car.
Whats the dealership you used? I'll be sure to stay away from them.
Old 08-29-06, 11:01 AM
Kyosuke86
Driver

My father had a problem once with just getting a loaner. It was a Cadillac, a nice one, but still a Cadillac. Anyways, my father had to go to a meeting and he just told the service manager, I do not want to be driving a Cadillac to a meeting. Is there any way possible you could get me into another Lexus. The manager checked and said that he would give him an ES330 to drive. I don't see why you didn't just ask for another car, if the problem seemed so eminent from the outside; such as the cracked glass.
Old 08-31-06, 12:38 PM
GS2006
Lead Lap

1)What he says about Lexus corporate is very true. They do not tell you this to blow you off; it is how the company is organized. Dealerships are privately owned. They will help you with your car, but personal issues with the dealerships are between you and the dealership.
2)If they let the air out of the tires and told him he damaged the car just to get back at him or get him to go elsewhere is childish. If multiple managers were involved, this is as stretch.
3)A dealership has the right to refuse to service your car. Most would fix the original and resolve the other issues that arise from the original before telling you they no longer want your business.
4)However, I was told they could not refuse to provide warrantee work. Not sure where that line is drawn.

Hope this helps
Old 08-31-06, 01:00 PM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry about your luck.

My Lexus dealer would never give out a loaner car that had a cracked windshield, engine light on, and two damaged tires. They are always very clean inside and out and no more than a year old. Sounds like you went to a KIA dealership.
Old 08-31-06, 01:59 PM
itsme4g63
Driver

jesus mayte the english is killing me.
Old 09-01-06, 09:59 AM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

This thread is too painful to read, can't it just go away?