GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2007 Gs350 Prices

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-07, 07:59 AM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aptekcom
I am assuming you mean .00185 instead of .00085? How did you pull off $7200 off MSRP...wow...
nope, i meant .00085 w/ 9 msd. and my credit wasnt at good as i thought. it drop to tier 2 but i told him. i wasnt going to do it if it was tier 2 so they put me in tier 1. hahaha. i dont know how, what they did. but i dont care. hahaha

i did my calculations. and when told me what my payment was i agreed and drove down last nite to pick it up. i was there for less than an hour. i made sure the guy had it all ready and i wasnt going to take any bs if they were to make any changes to the numbers in the contract.

the only reason i got such a good deal w/ b/c he didnt have the car i wanted. i didnt want the xm. i wanted nav/ml. so he only had the only w/ all the things i wanted and xm so he said he would throw it in. so yes, i did. and im happy the shopping is over. dealing w/ salesman/managers whatever was a little stressful. especially being a chick didnt make it easy either. most of the guys where like wow, ive never had a customers ask me questions like u did. hahaha they were like, "im gonna take u w/ me when i buy a car" hahaha right!
Old 07-24-07, 08:02 AM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by StevenC56
That's $1189 under the invoice w/regional advertising price! That's the best deal I've heard by far. Enjoy your car Lisa. What color did you get and where did you end up buying?
hi..i got smokey/blk. and i bought at oakland lexus..deal w/ michael diep. gave me the killer deal! it took till the end of the month, but who cares right.. i wasnt in such a hurry..besides the MF dropped monday..yesterday. so it worked out.
Old 07-24-07, 08:21 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

pretty killer deal. that's 14% off, as it should be at the end of the model year.
Old 07-24-07, 08:54 AM
Loxus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by StevenC56
That's $1189 under the invoice w/regional advertising price! That's the best deal I've heard by far. Enjoy your car Lisa. What color did you get and where did you end up buying?
$1189 under invoice?

Let me guess...

Demo car, right?

Even for Chrysler on volume of 20+ cars a month couldn't go below $300 under invoice (and trust me they are very hugnry for our account).

... and Lexus... $1189 under invoice? No way!

Gotta be a demo with about 6k+ on the clock.
Old 07-24-07, 01:41 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Loxus
$1189 under invoice?

Let me guess...

Demo car, right?

Even for Chrysler on volume of 20+ cars a month couldn't go below $300 under invoice (and trust me they are very hugnry for our account).

hater.

In Cali, we have cheaper prices. In NY, you could say no way.

Don't look at it as "XXXX under invoice". Look at the % discount. 14% is not unreasonable at this time of the year..... IN CALIFORNIA, where there are 10000 dealerships competing.

The "invoice" is inflated. So 1189 under sounds like a lot, but isnt.

I got mine 2 months ago for something like ~$900 'under invoice', fresh off the boat.

A good negotiator can get a great price. These cars are overpriced, so you need to go for the fattest discount.

...... and chrysler will always suck..

Last edited by dunnojack; 07-24-07 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-24-07, 06:18 PM
composite
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dunnojack
hater.

In Cali, we have cheaper prices. In NY, you could say no way.

Don't look at it as "XXXX under invoice". Look at the % discount. 14% is not unreasonable at this time of the year..... IN CALIFORNIA, where there are 10000 dealerships competing.

The "invoice" is inflated. So 1189 under sounds like a lot, but isnt.

I got mine 2 months ago for something like ~$900 'under invoice', fresh off the boat.

A good negotiator can get a great price. These cars are overpriced, so you need to go for the fattest discount.

...... and chrysler will always suck..
At this point, aren't they trying to simply unload the 07s instead of making a profit?
Old 07-24-07, 08:09 PM
StevenC56
Driver

Lightbulb 2007's Going Out-2008's Coming In

Originally Posted by composite
At this point, aren't they trying to simply unload the 07s instead of making a profit?
They still have to make a profit, they are just making a bit less profit so they don't get stuck with too much old inventory. Timing is everything at this point for the dealers and consumers. They are just willing to discount a bit deeper because after the 2008's arrive most people would rather have the new model, even if the changes are minimal and the prices are higher. As a consumer, this late in the model year you can get a better deal, however the exact car you want may not be available so you might have to go with a different color or option package than you had in mind. It's all a trade off depending on how you look at it. Either way you'll get an Awesome automobile. We are really enjoying ours.
Old 07-24-07, 08:24 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Loxus
$1189 under invoice?

Let me guess...

Demo car, right?

hahaha. nope, im laughing b/c im feeling good tht i did a good job on the deal. the car has 53 miles. yes. just 53 miles.
Old 07-24-07, 08:43 PM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lisalisa
hi, i finally did it. the dealers ended up calling me back. a few of them today. a couple of them yesterday. i ended up one w/ the xm nav/ml MSRP of $51763 all for $44482. w/ the MF of .00085. yay!!! that was the best deal i got...i dealt w/ atleast 5 different dealers and none was as good as this. so i did it...and now, the headache is over. i still couldnt find anyone w/ the mf of .00125...nowhere! but im glad the search is over...i want to thank all of u guys for all of ur help. its has been sooooooo verrrrryyyy helpful.

thanks a million!

Lisa,

I have reservations regarding these numbers.

The MF and residual is established by Lexus Financial and is not negotiable (unless your dealer is using another institution for funding which I doubt considering at 3%, no bank would fund a lease at that rate). Current MF (as of 7/18) is 0.00125 with a 48% residual. I'm curious...what is the term (and monthly cost) of your lease and how much (if any) cap cost reduction did you contribute?
Old 07-24-07, 08:54 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bushwack

Lisa,

I have reservations regarding these numbers.

The MF and residual is established by Lexus Financial and is not negotiable (unless your dealer is using another institution for funding which I doubt considering at 3%, no bank would fund a lease at that rate). Current MF (as of 7/18) is 0.00125 with a 48% residual. I'm curious...what is the term (and monthly cost) of your lease and how much (if any) cap cost reduction did you contribute?
i read that the MF was .00125. but no dealers said that was the buyrate. my credit wasnt so good, so i got it at .00175 w/ 9 msd's it dropped to .00085. if i had tier 1+, the mf would be .00165. my terms were 36/15k. and .25 ea additional mile.

i did totally mimium. the only thing i did was put a 9 refundable sec. deposits. first months, reg. i did pay acc. fee which was $600 upfront. and $45 doc fee. my payments are $648 w/ tax.
Old 07-25-07, 05:53 AM
aptekcom
Driver School Candidate

I don't believe the MF is set in stone. Most dealers mark it up, and make a profit on it. For the three dealers I talked with, they all said the buy rate was .00165, and they were offering it to me at .00265. I ended up working it down to
.00195, and thats it. They wouldn't go any lower, and I have perfect credit. So, I am assuming that a MSD is 'multiple security deposits'? What is the difference between that and a down payment? Do you get that back at the end? What happens if the car gets totalled?
Old 07-25-07, 12:49 PM
composite
Driver School Candidate

lisalisa,

GREAT job w/ negotiating. But when I told my wife your price, she asked me why we paid so much then. Thanks a lot... ;-) J/K. Enjoy the new car!
Old 07-25-07, 07:20 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by composite
lisalisa,

GREAT job w/ negotiating. But when I told my wife your price, she asked me why we paid so much then. Thanks a lot... ;-) J/K. Enjoy the new car!
hahaha, im sorry.. i think i just got lucky. the opportunity came up i jumped at it..i thank u guys for all ur help..
Old 07-25-07, 08:33 PM
jrinoh
Driver School Candidate

OK, newbie here, read a lot of good info here. To make a long story short, I have an old X-type (don't laugh) that's on it's last legs, so I need a new car. Seriously considered BMW 335xi, but am now decided on the GS 350 awd. I'm still in research mode but here is an internet quote I got from a local dealer here in the Cleveland area:

Internet Price - $*
A new 2007
GS 350 AWD with a navigation pkg MSRP of 50,596.00 , Colors Black / Black leather

Black / Gray leather , Black / Tan leather , Black Sapphire ( Dark Blue ) / Tan leather ,

Smokey granite / Black leather.

Buy for 47,805.00 plus doc,tax,plates,fees, I have 5.9% with Lexus thru 7/31 WAC no fees

I am financing, already have a 6.2% with my old credit union, so my questions to those of you with experience is how do I proceed from here? Do I counter, do I wait a couple of days before contacting the internet manager, if I buy, do I stay with my old reliable CU or negotiate an even lower rate than the 5.9% quoted? Hope these questions aren't too annoying and thanks for your input.
Old 07-26-07, 10:55 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jrinoh
OK, newbie here, read a lot of good info here. To make a long story short, I have an old X-type (don't laugh) that's on it's last legs, so I need a new car. Seriously considered BMW 335xi, but am now decided on the GS 350 awd. I'm still in research mode but here is an internet quote I got from a local dealer here in the Cleveland area:

Internet Price - $*
A new 2007
GS 350 AWD with a navigation pkg MSRP of 50,596.00 , Colors Black / Black leather

Black / Gray leather , Black / Tan leather , Black Sapphire ( Dark Blue ) / Tan leather ,

Smokey granite / Black leather.

Buy for 47,805.00 plus doc,tax,plates,fees, I have 5.9% with Lexus thru 7/31 WAC no fees

I am financing, already have a 6.2% with my old credit union, so my questions to those of you with experience is how do I proceed from here? Do I counter, do I wait a couple of days before contacting the internet manager, if I buy, do I stay with my old reliable CU or negotiate an even lower rate than the 5.9% quoted? Hope these questions aren't too annoying and thanks for your input.

do they have a good supply of AWD models? how many dealerships are in ohio?

It's probably a lot harder to negotiate in your state.

I would call around, and then counteroffer. Don't take a break until after you've counteroffered several managers.

Quick Reply: 2007 Gs350 Prices