GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2007 Gs350 Prices

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-07, 01:19 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX M3
It's without NAV...did I get raped?.
haha. i think so....

but you don't live in so cal.

OTOH, we get raped on living expenses.

actually, I think we've all been raped by $5000. I think the starting price should be 39000 rather than 44000.
i just don't see how this car can sticker at 47000. I guess that's why the GS never gets a "Best Buy" rating.

Last edited by dunnojack; 06-08-07 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-08-07, 01:44 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would anyone buy the ES if this car starts at 39k?

I can see how this car stickers at 47, as a matter of fact, mine is close to 51k sticker... and I still felt it was a bargain compared to M35x, 5, and E.
Old 06-13-07, 03:45 PM
business1s
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would be a good deal on a GS 350 with an MSRP of about 51k? has nav and ML. I'm in So Cal, their first offer is 47k.
Old 06-13-07, 04:57 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by business1s
What would be a good deal on a GS 350 with an MSRP of about 51k? has nav and ML. I'm in So Cal, their first offer is 47k.
I would say anything below invoice is a good deal. Don't give in to their "$500 over invoice" bullshiit
Offer 14% off. Then stop at 13% during your second go-around. Don't ask them for their offer first. State your offer first.
13% off is more than fair to them.
there are too many nav/MLs.
and we're getting toward the end of the model year.

so cal should be easy. call managers at 20 dealers, rinse n repeat.

Last edited by dunnojack; 06-13-07 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-13-07, 05:06 PM
gstois
Rookie

I was getting quotes anywhere from $800 to $1,500 over for a Nav, but non-ML car. I ended up getting this car with a $48,997 MSRP for invoice which was around $43,500. I got the sense that the ML cars are in short supply, so I'm nut sure how anxious they are to deal on them.
Old 06-13-07, 05:42 PM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gstois
I was getting quotes anywhere from $800 to $1,500 over for a Nav, but non-ML car. I ended up getting this car with a $48,997 MSRP for invoice which was around $43,500. I got the sense that the ML cars are in short supply, so I'm nut sure how anxious they are to deal on them.
Could you say where in SoCal you got this deal? $43.5 is a very fair price (almost a steal!) for how well equipped the car is.
Old 06-13-07, 07:26 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Man... Darn 20 dealerships in SoCal, I feel like I got ripped off with 3 grand off MSRP :/
Old 06-13-07, 08:42 PM
StevenC56
Driver

Question What's Fair

This talk of don't settle for invoice, or less than invoice is amusing to me. I went through this 4 years ago when we bought our 2003 BMW 530i. Lots of stories on the internet that are hard to believe. Maybe some of you are lucky enough to catch a dealer at a weak moment and you are in an area with several dealers and the competition is greater. Do you really think a dealership can stay in business selling cars at invoice or below? They have to keep the doors open after all. The hold back amounts are pretty minimal or in the case of BMW and some others there is no hold back. Where do you think the salesmen's & sales manager's salaries comes from? I'm not suggesting that you take it up the back side when buying but it's only fair if your dealer makes a few bucks. Just my opinion.
Old 06-13-07, 09:06 PM
business1s
Driver School Candidate

could someone tell me what invoice would be for a gs 350 RWD, with nav and ML?
Old 06-13-07, 09:11 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

go to edmunds and look it up.

or many other internet sources.
Old 06-14-07, 01:23 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

kbb.com

ignore the invoice they show you at the dealership. that has bogus fees added.
Old 06-14-07, 01:34 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by StevenC56
This talk of don't settle for invoice, or less than invoice is amusing to me. I went through this 4 years ago when we bought our 2003 BMW 530i. Lots of stories on the internet that are hard to believe. Maybe some of you are lucky enough to catch a dealer at a weak moment and you are in an area with several dealers and the competition is greater. Do you really think a dealership can stay in business selling cars at invoice or below? They have to keep the doors open after all. The hold back amounts are pretty minimal or in the case of BMW and some others there is no hold back. Where do you think the salesmen's & sales manager's salaries comes from? I'm not suggesting that you take it up the back side when buying but it's only fair if your dealer makes a few bucks. Just my opinion.

if you think invoice price doesn't earn the dealership money, you're way off. and it's not just the holdback that they're getting.
Even if you took out the holdback and other fees, you'd still be above true dealer cost.
Dealers don't even pay full destination charges.

You should see how many bogus fees are added just to get to the "invoice" price you see on kelly bluebook.

In so cal, you'll find plenty of dealers who are willing to sell at invoice after a few calls, especially on regular nav models with $48997 sticker, since they have the most number of them.
Take a look at our selection > http://www.internetautoguide.com/car...nia/index.html
We're flooded.

Dealerships survive because plenty of suckers overpay and don't push hard enough.

Do salesmen even get salaries?? I thought they lived off of commission.....

Last edited by dunnojack; 06-14-07 at 01:43 AM.
Old 06-14-07, 06:18 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

I think they have a base salary, then add on the commission for their sales.
Old 06-14-07, 06:44 AM
StevenC56
Driver

Talking Call Me A Sucker

Originally Posted by dunnojack
if you think invoice price doesn't earn the dealership money, you're way off. and it's not just the holdback that they're getting.
Even if you took out the holdback and other fees, you'd still be above true dealer cost.
Dealers don't even pay full destination charges.

You should see how many bogus fees are added just to get to the "invoice" price you see on kelly bluebook.

In so cal, you'll find plenty of dealers who are willing to sell at invoice after a few calls, especially on regular nav models with $48997 sticker, since they have the most number of them.
Take a look at our selection > http://www.internetautoguide.com/car...nia/index.html
We're flooded.

Dealerships survive because plenty of suckers overpay and don't push hard enough.

Do salesmen even get salaries?? I thought they lived off of commission.....

Why is it that nobody has ever seen this magical "true invoice" ? There may be some hidden manufacturer to dealer marketing incentives from time to time but I have yet to find anybody at any dealership including managers that has seen a different invoice. Is it so secretive that only the owners get to see it?

"Dealerships survive because plenty of suckers overpay and don't push hard enough."

So if we all pushed hard enough, would they be able to survive? Some people get better deals than others for several reasons. There is only one Lexus dealership in my area. The next two closest dealerships are 2 hours away. That probably has a lot to do with my situation. The best I can probably do is 1-2K over invoice. So should I buy out of my area to get closer to invoice? If I do, where do I go for service. To my local dealership? It's a fact that you will not get the same treatment if you didn't buy at your servicing dealer. I would rather pay an extra $15-$20 a month knowing if I have an issue that my local dealer will take care of me.
Old 06-14-07, 09:10 AM
gstois
Rookie

I have bought 4 Lexus cars. Between three of them ('01 GS300, '06 GX470 and '07 GS350) I paid a combined $500 over invoice.

I got hosed on the 4th - an IS350 that was one of the first to arrive at the dealership.

Besides the "one-of-the-first" premiums, there was a big difference in how I bought the first three.

1. I knew what I wanted before I ever seriously engaged a salesperson (down to the specific options).
2. I did all of my negotiations by phone.
3. I was flexible on colors but definitely had some I didn't want.
4. I wasn't afraid to say "no" even if it meant not getting the car.

I look at it like this, I made a very easy sale for the salesperson each time. Yes, they didn't make a killing on me, but they didn't put much into it either.

Quick Reply: 2007 Gs350 Prices