GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS350 Loaded Ordered W/Levinson

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-06, 08:57 AM
GS350Owner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS350 Loaded Ordered W/Levinson

I ordered a totally loaded GS350 w/Levinson some time ago and wondered if this is really a special order car or whether there might be any in the country now based on the first shipment of cars (I'm getting kinda anxious).

I didn't notice the Levinson option on the website which leads me to believe that it is custom and that I'll be waiting another 8 weeks or so for the arrival of my car. Any thoughts? I was toying with calling another dealer and asking what the availability is and they could check the national allocation... but I'd thought I 'd post here first.
Old 08-31-06, 09:54 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350Owner
I ordered a totally loaded GS350 w/Levinson some time ago and wondered if this is really a special order car or whether there might be any in the country now based on the first shipment of cars (I'm getting kinda anxious).

I didn't notice the Levinson option on the website which leads me to believe that it is custom and that I'll be waiting another 8 weeks or so for the arrival of my car. Any thoughts? I was toying with calling another dealer and asking what the availability is and they could check the national allocation... but I'd thought I 'd post here first.
Certain regions will not receive cars with certain option unless ordered, thus the reason for the zip code entry when you first "custom build" your GS on the website. Here in northeast, I think we pretty much have all options available to choose since the NAV w/ ML came up as a package for $5130+. ML is definitely available on the vehicle, just a matter of getting it ordered and delivered to wherever you are.
Old 08-31-06, 10:52 AM
RandalR
Pole Position

I've seen the California allocation sheet and there were plenty of GS350s with what they called the "full spec": ML, Nav, Parking Assist, and 18" wheels. Lexus Link and PCS did not seem to be included as part of of "full spec" on this list. The delay might have more to do with your choice of color and interior, since some of them (like Chardonnay Pearl/Cashmere) were quite scarce on the list, and other combinations (like the Black Sapphire/Black combo I originally wanted) aren't available at all.
Old 08-31-06, 02:08 PM
gaspowered
Driver School Candidate

I picked my GS350 up today in DFW. ML and Nav
Old 08-31-06, 04:57 PM
mkaresh
Rookie

EDIT: Just noticed that I botched my search and ended up in the GS forum. I was actually asking about the IS. My apologies for getting OT.

Original misguided post:

I just started a thread to ask this question, but the people in this thread are the ones who should have the answer...

Does the Nav/ML package include Park Assist? I wonder because the price of the two ordered separately (is this even possible?) is $500 less than the package price.

Second, rhetorical question: why is Toyota/Lexus option packaging and availability so much more complicated and harder to figure out than anyone else's?

Thanks.

Last edited by mkaresh; 08-31-06 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-31-06, 06:10 PM
RandalR
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mkaresh
I just started a thread to ask this question, but the people in this thread are the ones who should have the answer...

Does the Nav/ML package include Park Assist? I wonder because the price of the two ordered separately (is this even possible?) is $500 less than the package price.

Second, rhetorical question: why is Toyota/Lexus option packaging and availability so much more complicated and harder to figure out than anyone else's?

Thanks.
I'm not sure Nav + ML always includes Park Assist, but it looked like a standard on all of the "fully loaded" cars. There were some I saw at the dealership with Nav and no ML.

Toyota/Lexus packages come in odd groupings, but I think the BMW options are more complicated - since just about everything is optional.
Old 09-01-06, 05:59 AM
GS350Owner
Driver School Candidate

Ok... so is it safe to say that if I put $500 down on a car and it is 6-8 weeks from arriving, I should call the dealer and say, "hey... go find me my car and bring it in?" it's a fully loaded black AWD with tan interior... Nav+ML.
Old 09-01-06, 06:40 AM
RandalR
Pole Position

Ok... so is it safe to say that if I put $500 down on a car and it is 6-8 weeks from arriving, I should call the dealer and say, "hey... go find me my car and bring it in?" it's a fully loaded black AWD with tan interior... Nav+ML.
The AWD may be what's slowing you down. I don't think they've included too many of those in the initial shipments. My dealer told me California was getting almost none of them - the ones they did build were being sent East. I'm waiting for an Obsidian/Black RWD with Nav+ML - the dealer said 1-2 weeks.
Old 09-04-06, 07:55 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would imagine southern California is not going to get much, if any, of the initial allocations of AWD GS350. I would think either the north east or north west would get them first, then down south.
Old 09-04-06, 08:47 PM
crowe85
Driver School Candidate

Placed my order for a Smoky Granite/Grey GS350 AWD today in AZ. Dealer told me about 3-5 weeks for it. I guess we'll wait and see.
Old 09-05-06, 10:10 AM
PatD
Driver School Candidate

I saw a handful of 350s in San Diego 2 weeks ago when I was there (Hotel parking lot and on the street), but none were AWD.

I stopped by my dealer in the Philly area (One of the bigger dealers out here) and they don't even know when they'll get them. They're saying by the end of October.
Old 09-06-06, 04:51 PM
supdawg79
Driver School Candidate

Newport Beach Lexus here in Orange County has a White GS350 AWD + ML/Nav stickered at $52,177...
Old 09-06-06, 08:44 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Ohio is in the Central Region but Pittsburgh is in the Eastern

so here in the East we will get non nav, Nav only no park assist, Nav + ML+ park assist. If it is not available in Ohio that way which would be surprising then try a Pittsburgh dealer. The posters from CA get cars before we do but not AWD's. Color can be a factor in how readily available your GS350 will be in early production. The shipments are just starting to arrive so it shouldn't be long...BTW you will be happy with the performance, it's awesome.

Rock