GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2007 GS350/430 Navigation, DVD, and Bluetooth Bypass or Override

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-06, 08:50 AM
madainc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 GS350/430 Navigation, DVD, and Bluetooth Bypass or Override

Alright guys. I read in previous threads about the two ways that you can override the navigation and dvd lock that is engaged when your car is moving. Hence, you can input the destination address while moving. And also if equipped with ML then you can view DVDs while moving. However, these mods only work with navigation systems with v5.1 or lower? Since the 2007 GS350/430 are equipped with nav systems with firmware v6.1, the tricks and mods just don't work.

So, I know it's still early and there are probably many of you out there trying to figure out how to now override the new 2007 GS', but I just wanted to start this thread in hopes of finding answers and solutions for the new 2007 GS.

All your input and expertise is needed. Thank you all in advance.
Old 10-06-06, 01:12 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

I think this is what you are looking for.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...216004&page=11

I might try it this weekend but am a little reluctant. I have been thinking about getting the electrical diagrams for the car before proceeding but Sonartech seems to know what he is talking about. Once he confirms the wiring colors and pins, I may try it anyways.
Old 10-06-06, 05:03 PM
madainc
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the link 2thfixr. I had already read those threads and so I started this one specifically for the 07' models. Hopefull Sonartech has figured out the exact directions. He does seem to be the man with supreme knowledge. Much props to you Sonartech.

Because of my limited knowledge, I'm also hoping that there's someone here in the Los Angeles county who can effectively do the modifications.
Old 10-06-06, 09:22 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sonartech
Not having this car, I can't tell you how it hooks up to a GS350 with any certainty. I can tell you what's on the pins that most likely correspond to the other modification:

K46 on your Multi-Display (Signal, Connector & PIN #, Wire Color):
  • GROUND = K46 PIN 10 = W-B
  • PKB = K46 PIN 23 = Y - W-B
  • SPD = K46 PIN 14 = V - W-B
  • (Provided FYI only): REV = K46 PIN 13 = R - W-B
K47 on your Multi-Display (Signal = Connector & PIN # = Wire Color):
  • Nothing interesting here. This connector contains signals from the voice guidance, the backup camera, DVD image signal and Microphone stuff.
H1 on your Nav ECU & Multi-Display (Signal = Connector & PIN # = Wire Color):
  • GND = H1 PIN 6 = G
  • SPD = H1 PIN 16 = W-B
  • (Provided FYI only): REV = H1 PIN 15 = GR-B
  • Note: There is no PKB signal present on connector H1
Based on this, I think the DVD mod needs to be performed on connector K46, not H1, since H1 carries no parking brake signal. I suspect the procedure is the same, however: Cut PKB on K46 and leave some slack on it. Splice the end going to the connector to GND and cap the end going into the wiring harness. For VSS (if you need this mod as well), simply remove the pin from the connector and insulate it from shorting out (heat shrink works well).

That's what I'd try - but you're on your own for this one.... unless, of course, you want to give me your GS350 so that I can have yet another Lexus in my driveway... "Lexii?"

SonarTech
This should be enough to do the mod but I'm still waiting for Sonartech's response. I have also contacted a shop that does a lot of the pre-'07 GS mods and they are going to look into it. He said that it shouldn't be a problem as long as he can get his hands on an electrical manual for the '07 GS. He asked me to check back with him next week.
Old 10-12-06, 02:42 PM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

Good information to know! It'll be good to hear Sonartech's response. This is a relatively new car so not as many people it yet. In time we should have this. Thanks for getting on top of this, everyone!
Old 10-12-06, 04:51 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Just to give you guys an update, I completed this mod and the Valentine One hardwire mod last Sat. This is how the car should have been shipped from the factory! I have been testing the car out since then and am happy to report that it works fine and there have been no issues.
Old 10-12-06, 06:28 PM
madainc
Driver School Candidate

Nice job 2thfixr! You might be the first 07 GS owner to successfully complete this mod. Did you follow the same directions that you had attached above from SonarTech? If so, I'll try to piece the instructions together from previous threads, including pictures and then provide here. That way we can get a comprehensive version of the instructions.

By the way, what's the Valentine One hardwire?

Also, if there's someone in the LA area who can competently do this for a reasonable price, then please chime in. I just don't trust myself in doing this surgery.
Old 10-13-06, 02:21 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by madainc
Nice job 2thfixr! You might be the first 07 GS owner to successfully complete this mod. Did you follow the same directions that you had attached above from SonarTech? If so, I'll try to piece the instructions together from previous threads, including pictures and then provide here. That way we can get a comprehensive version of the instructions.

By the way, what's the Valentine One hardwire?

Also, if there's someone in the LA area who can competently do this for a reasonable price, then please chime in. I just don't trust myself in doing this surgery.
I am the first as far as I know. I'm not sure if that's something to be proud of. It just means that I'm the only one stupid enough to experiment with a $51k car! Without Sonartech, I would have never even attempted it without purchasing an electrical wiring diagram for the car.

The V1 hardwire mod is just a simple mod to direct wire the power cord for the Valentine One radar detector.
Old 10-18-06, 11:37 PM
skxm5
Driver School Candidate

2thfixr,

Do you have any pics of your Valentine hard wiring? I have a Valentine but have yet to use it in the GS.

Thanks for any help.
Old 10-19-06, 12:13 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Here is a link to the mod previously posted by SGT.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...move+head+unit