GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2007 GS350 Starfire Pearl, G-Spiders, ML, Nav, etc. - First Pics of the new Ride!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-06 | 07:52 PM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

Default 2007 GS350 Starfire Pearl, G-Spiders, ML, Nav, etc. - First Pics of the new Ride!

Well, the new GS is finally here. Shot some pics at the dealer today while the pinstriping was being applied. You can see the temporary tape guides on some of these pics.

Front shot:

Left side from front with new LS in back:

G-Spiders Front:

G-Spiders Rear:

Laying Pinstripe:

Pinstripe done:
Old 10-20-06 | 08:06 PM
conclevage
Pole Position

Nice Lex! However, not a fan of the pinstripe...
Old 10-20-06 | 08:08 PM
gserep1
Lead Lap

AWESOME looking ride. How much are these going for these days? I'm trying to fight the new car bug since I have the GS in my garage paid off, and I still love the way it runs. Just curious.
Old 10-20-06 | 09:00 PM
acerfan
Rookie

looks nice. love that color

did you happen to get some pics of that LS in the back?
Old 10-20-06 | 10:07 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats, she's a beauty!
Old 10-20-06 | 11:40 PM
AudiMan
Driver

you are officially the first person i know that likes a pinstripe on a lexus....WOW....beautiful car though
Old 10-21-06 | 05:32 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Looks awesome, congrats on the new car. I also think it looks cleaner w/o the pinstripe.
Old 10-21-06 | 08:56 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Hey Bro: Do you mind posting pics of the entire car showing the pinstripe? I'm generally a fan of pinstripes but want to see how they look on the GS. It would really help in me deciding whether or not to go with it when it comes time for me to get the GS. I plan to get starfire or GFM, what color is that pinstripe- grey or black?
Old 10-21-06 | 09:01 AM
Firstlps
Driver

It's a nice car and the pinstripe is ok, I have one on my car but I
hardly ever notice it
Old 10-21-06 | 01:28 PM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nauticalx
Hey Bro: Do you mind posting pics of the entire car showing the pinstripe? I'm generally a fan of pinstripes but want to see how they look on the GS. It would really help in me deciding whether or not to go with it when it comes time for me to get the GS. I plan to get starfire or GFM, what color is that pinstripe- grey or black?
The car is thick along the sides IMO, so a nice clean stripe really makes it pop along the line near the top of the doors... it's really a super sight in person, but otherwise I can see why most don't care for it... lower cars like corvette, porsche, ferrari, etc. don't have the thickness that the GS has along the sides (nor should they, they are true sports cars) and rarely ever need a stripe to set off the lines. This car, again, IMO, and in this color, really looks smart with a tasteful, muted stripe. But hey, enough of justifying my taste here... I like it, and that's what counts

I would not have done it until I saw another white 2006 with this done, and it was very pleasing to the eye. The color is a silver w/ small bits of black and white (to fade it down) tinted in, and some sparkle mixed in. It's very faint gray when looking up close, and you can see some (but not overkill) sparkle in it. I wanted the color to match the wheels. Since I am tinting the windows, trying to have the stripe match the cashmere was not in the running (besides, I am not a fan of brown pins on a white car - yuk).

I'll try to get some better shots and post for you to see. May take a day or two.
Old 10-21-06 | 01:31 PM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by acerfan
looks nice. love that color

did you happen to get some pics of that LS in the back?
Thanks. I like the Starfire color too.... plus, being in FLA, it's a cooler color to own in the summer months.

No, didn't really care to snap a lot of LS shots. I see some posted here on the LS460 forum, though. Go have a peek... it's a beautiful car.
Old 10-21-06 | 01:35 PM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

Today's mods:

- V1 hardwire install completed this morning in about an hour... very simple, esp. with the good console R&R instructions here in the forum - thanks to all who help contribute!

- PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow DL bulbs installed (thanks to David / Eternity3G - followed your lead)

- Seat belt buzzer turned off

Next up: tint goes on this week; still working on getting a bluetooth setting I like and that works
Old 10-21-06 | 06:04 PM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

congrats! nice ride..looks similar to mine with the exception of the rims!
Old 10-22-06 | 08:17 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Old 10-27-06 | 01:14 PM
goldmich
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jaxgs350
Today's mods:

- V1 hardwire install completed this morning in about an hour... very simple, esp. with the good console R&R instructions here in the forum - thanks to all who help contribute!

- PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow DL bulbs installed (thanks to David / Eternity3G - followed your lead)

- Seat belt buzzer turned off

Next up: tint goes on this week; still working on getting a bluetooth setting I like and that works
jaxgs350...
Can you provide instr. for turning off seat belt buzzer - its driving me nuts!
much appreciated...

Quick Reply: 2007 GS350 Starfire Pearl, G-Spiders, ML, Nav, etc. - First Pics of the new Ride!