GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What percent over Invoice is reasonable for a 2007 GS350 AWD?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-06 | 06:31 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jjbodean
what if the last guy only asked for and got a $1000 discount?
If that was the best deal the dealership ever offered, then it would be fine. There are certain models of cars that sell for over sticker if they are in demand. You know what I meant - SA!
Old 11-03-06 | 05:53 AM
NJSID
Driver

The lowest price is the most your willing to pay for. Dealerships want to make money...so why give it all the profit if we don't have to. You have to come in with a figure. I mean I could take $1 off the price and be like that's the lowest price. Would you buy it then? We're not mind readers...if I say 40K when your looking for 35K...then where we going with this?TRAMIX DO YOU SELL LEXUS, WANT TO MAKE ME A DEAL? $500 OVER INVOICE? WHAT DEALERSHIP DO YOU WORK FOR?
Old 11-03-06 | 07:21 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

even so, with the M5 I had on order, some dealerships were asking 20 grand over invoice. REDICULOUS> my dealership was at invoice. I'd just go somewhere else. if money is no option, then who cares. But even when it's not, it's the principle to me. I just wouldn't. But if I couldn't get it without going over invoice, b/c ALL were over then I don't know what would be my break point.....if it was that important to have ONLY that car then maybe a few grand as a break point??....

Last edited by Jace7; 11-03-06 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11-04-06 | 03:43 PM
dbaron
Driver School Candidate

Default Ready to lease 2007 GS350

Hi I am new to these boards and Lexus. I am ready to lease a new 2007 GS350 and for the navagation with back up camera, 18 inch tires with upgraded chrome rims the invoice is 48800 but quote through internet offers me a deal at 44800. I have always owned Mercedes Benz so this is a big deal for me to make a switch. Has anybody owned MB and switched over to Lexus? I just need reliability and MB has had so many issues. I had two cat converters replaced in the last 2 months (still under warranty as MB knew of the problem), brake switch sensor and ECU module go out and lock up the car. Cost $1000 to repair at Mercedes certified garage (cheaper then dealer), drivers side mirror go bad and fog up. Dealer cost $615 but I had replaced somewhere else at cost for $360. I love the way my car drives and my insurance is low because it is one of the safest cars out there. I drive E-class sports package 2002 E320. Beautiful condition but costing way too much money to fix little things here and there. Sure the engines are unsurpassed on the car and you can get in over 200k miles but everything else will go wrong and maintenance is very expensive. I test drove a new E350 and I have to say they have really improved. It had 18 inch wheels was gorgeous inside and out but I still DO NOT trust MB has started improving on quality or reliability. Even if I get a new 2007 MB and everything is under warranty I don't have time to keep going in and addressing issues with the car. I need a nice car tht is reliable. I hope I will be happy with my decision to replace the prestige but unreliable MB with a very nice and reliable Lexus. I feel the electronics on the Lexus are much better then MB and BMW. Any feed back for this newbie ready to make a big switch would be appreciated! Thanks!!
Old 11-04-06 | 03:49 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

The reason I buy Lexus is the Reliability and Quality. I have had a GS300 for 8 years. It has been flawless! - Just changed oil. I am getting ready to purchase a 07 GS350.
German cars are for people that like to discuss their repairs.
Old 11-04-06 | 04:01 PM
dbaron
Driver School Candidate

Default I am sold on GS350!

Thanks so much for the input!! I have been reading the threads and there is a MAJOR difference between this forum and MB or even BMW. All they talk about on the German car boards is problems with the cars and there are A LOT of problems!!! I need reliability more then anything but of course having a gorgeous GS is a plus! I will be getting my new GS in a few weeks when I get back in town. Leaving for work travel. I will be sad to say bye to my beautiful Benz but she has not been as reliable as she should have been. I am excited about getting my new Lexus and actually might buy it rather then lease it. Not sure on that part yet. It is always good to get input from other car owners of what you plan to purchase!
Old 11-04-06 | 04:08 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

You'll love it! - I never even go to auto shows any more! I just go to the Lexus Dealership!
Old 11-04-06 | 04:11 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dbaron
Thanks so much for the input!! I have been reading the threads and there is a MAJOR difference between this forum and MB or even BMW. All they talk about on the German car boards is problems with the cars and there are A LOT of problems!!! I need reliability more then anything but of course having a gorgeous GS is a plus! I will be getting my new GS in a few weeks when I get back in town. Leaving for work travel. I will be sad to say bye to my beautiful Benz but she has not been as reliable as she should have been. I am excited about getting my new Lexus and actually might buy it rather then lease it. Not sure on that part yet. It is always good to get input from other car owners of what you plan to purchase!
heh, you will notice the difference in types of problems being posted here and there...
Old 11-07-06 | 12:58 PM
NJSID
Driver

OK, I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one soon(within a week). Best deal 2007awd gs350 w/nav except mark lev....msrp 49,281 will let go for $44,000 and has my color...with ml 52,086 msrp let go for 46,090. I'll post from whom after the deal.... wish me luck.....with tax 7% new jersey, 5,000 down, 12,000/year, 36 months $567/month lease
Old 11-08-06 | 07:44 AM
ucmyGS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by NJSID
OK, I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one soon(within a week). Best deal 2007awd gs350 w/nav except mark lev....msrp 49,281 will let go for $44,000 and has my color...with ml 52,086 msrp let go for 46,090. I'll post from whom after the deal.... wish me luck.....with tax 7% new jersey, 5,000 down, 12,000/year, 36 months $567/month lease
Hi Sid,

These prices you quoted are within $500 from invoice. I'm very surprised that dealers are willing to let it go for that low? I've been to Ray Catena one of the biggest Lexus dealer here on the east coast and they can't even come close to those prices.

Just be careful they are not going to hit you with fees/charges on the backend of the deal if this is a direct purchase. If you are trading in your other car, see if they are giving you trade in value or wholesale value. They might give you less on your trade in to make up for the discount on the new purchase.

If its a lease, check the capitalized cost and what your residual value will be after 36 mos for the purchase option..
Old 11-08-06 | 12:54 PM
NJSID
Driver

Thanks Ucmy....will Advise...just 199 Registration Fee But I Will See When I Get Ther....bought My Infiniti M45 From Ray Catena..very Happy...no Trade In...plus I Will Try To Hit Them Up For Xm System For Free...
Old 11-08-06 | 01:54 PM
ucmyGS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by NJSID
Thanks Ucmy....will Advise...just 199 Registration Fee But I Will See When I Get Ther....bought My Infiniti M45 From Ray Catena..very Happy...no Trade In...plus I Will Try To Hit Them Up For Xm System For Free...
yes, please keep us posted.

Which color and navigation pkg are you getting with this car? just curious?
Old 11-08-06 | 02:20 PM
mobilyte
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jace7
I wouldn't pay a cent over invoice EVER. For my gs450h, even though dealerships only get "maybe" 1 every few months, I paid 1 grand UNDER invoice. But then again, my job is negotiating every day for a living.
Never pay more. Just learn to negotiate better.
i dont believe this one bit. what kind of sales manger would sign off on a deal for the sale of a brand new car that is in demand at a loss?
Old 11-08-06 | 02:31 PM
mcgrady
Driver School Candidate

I just got 48,410+TTL (6%) here in florida. This is for a GS350AWD+the most expensive ML package+spoiler+protection package(mats, trunk tray, splash guards).

I'm wanting to knock down another 1500 to make it 50K OTD. IS this reasonable?
Old 11-08-06 | 02:54 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mcgrady
I just got 48,410+TTL (6%) here in florida. This is for a GS350AWD+the most expensive ML package+spoiler+protection package(mats, trunk tray, splash guards).

I'm wanting to knock down another 1500 to make it 50K OTD. IS this reasonable?

Hey! - I've got an idea! - Why don't you let Jace7 do the negotiating for you! - He negotiates for a living and can get any Lexus he want for $1000 under invoice. Ask him to get this price for you and you'll split the discount with him 50/50!

Quick Reply: What percent over Invoice is reasonable for a 2007 GS350 AWD?