GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Hit And Run!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-06, 11:00 PM
Franknyc30
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man body shops must be amking a killing out west. to me it only seems that the fender needs to be replaced and the door skin not the entire door. maybe 2k 3 tops and even that seems a lot to me.
Old 12-07-06, 03:41 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to see the damage from the hit and run. Good luck with the repairs and hope you get a good body shop doing the work
Old 12-07-06, 09:36 AM
mj0723
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, I know how you feel when you saw your car was hit-and-run by some stupid, reckless f*&@kers that shouldn't even been driving on the streets in the first place. But don't worry, your damage doesn't look that bad, you just need to replace the front fender, repair (or replace) the door and the hinges, and repaint the damaged sections.

As for the bosyshops for your repair work, I recommend "Marcos Autobody" if you are planning to go through your insurance for this repair. They did a tremendoud job on my 06 M35Sports when I was involved in a hit-and-run on the I-10 freeway, and I know that they are the authorized repairshop for high-end European cars like MB, BMW, and Audi.

Hope this helps, and it's good to know that you were not in the car when this happened. Good luck on the repair process!!
Old 12-07-06, 03:28 PM
leestoy
Driver

You Should Be Looking At $2-3k At Most.... Trust Me A New Fendor And To Repair The Door Should Not Be Anymore Than That... Just My $.02
Old 12-07-06, 10:57 PM
vandit23
Driver

Originally Posted by suhyuk1214
No you wouldn't be spending 5k if you have insurance Do you?
Anyways please dont talk about luck with cars with me. My girlfriend gets into accidents with her IS all the time.My LX, the day after I got it there was a hit and run.Then 2months after I got it someone scratched my bumper badly and ran away at CHURCH(how dishonest!! ).Then 1 month before today some person literally rammed into my rear bumper with a 97 staratus.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=247165
Then a DAY after that a yukon kicked up a rock to my windshield and cracked it up 10.5".

Now speaking of bad luck with cars, my new 06 A4 that I got 3 months ago, 6 days after I got it a woman with three kids driving a MB E500 crashed into me in the rear (all her fault).Then after 1 month of being in the shop I hit a deer on I-75 and it jacked up my A4

DUDE!!! You take the cake on luck with cars, man. Although, I did get carjacked in my previous car at gun point...the same car that was victim to a hit and run...is it me , or do I not care much about my GS350...It's like my car is tainted or something...Oh, and yeah guys...I will be DEFINITELY using insurance...Any tips on what I have to do? I have yet to file a police report...Is it necessary to have insurance cover it without raising premiums, or does it not matter? Thanks guys...feels good to have your support, and everyone should be aware ofwhere they park...I am totally going to be paranoid to where I park after repairs...
Old 12-07-06, 11:00 PM
vandit23
Driver

Originally Posted by mj0723
Man, I know how you feel when you saw your car was hit-and-run by some stupid, reckless f*&@kers that shouldn't even been driving on the streets in the first place. But don't worry, your damage doesn't look that bad, you just need to replace the front fender, repair (or replace) the door and the hinges, and repaint the damaged sections.

As for the bosyshops for your repair work, I recommend "Marcos Autobody" if you are planning to go through your insurance for this repair. They did a tremendoud job on my 06 M35Sports when I was involved in a hit-and-run on the I-10 freeway, and I know that they are the authorized repairshop for high-end European cars like MB, BMW, and Audi.

Hope this helps, and it's good to know that you were not in the car when this happened. Good luck on the repair process!!

Thanks for the recommendation...do you know where they are located? Any contact information?
Old 12-08-06, 06:07 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vandit23
DUDE!!! You take the cake on luck with cars, man. Although, I did get carjacked in my previous car at gun point...the same car that was victim to a hit and run...is it me , or do I not care much about my GS350...It's like my car is tainted or something...Oh, and yeah guys...I will be DEFINITELY using insurance...Any tips on what I have to do? I have yet to file a police report...Is it necessary to have insurance cover it without raising premiums, or does it not matter? Thanks guys...feels good to have your support, and everyone should be aware ofwhere they park...I am totally going to be paranoid to where I park after repairs...
File a police report, then get a copy of it and a estimate of the fix and give it to your insurance.Then they'll be up and running to help you out .What insurance company do you have by the way?I have FB.
Old 12-09-06, 12:33 AM
maz
Lead Lap

WTF!!!!! 10K???? Wow, what did u get repaired?

Thanx guys, for all your help. I am sure there is no alignment problems...Car runs straight. I think all the damage is exterior, and no interior components have been harmed...

I've been looking around the board for some body shop recommendations, but they seem a bit too far...Los Angeles would be preferred.

I was wondering...are there any camera systems for in car use for situations like these? I was thinking I would get those spy clock cams from sharper image and place them inside the car and have surveillence through my windows...sounds drastic, but I am so pissed off...
Same thing happened to my LS two years ago. I also had "drastic" thoughts of equipping the car with a surveilance system, but it's a very reasonable idea for those of us who have been in such situations. Maybe a system that detects shocks or motion, and snaps pictures, and maybe it could email those pictures to you. A system like this is needed in today's A-hole filled world. But hopefully some day such systems will be a standard security feature for cars.
Old 12-09-06, 12:50 AM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the recommendation...do you know where they are located? Any contact information?
I have heard alot of good things about Marcos and have seem some of their work. Looks like it just came out of the factory. It does not come cheap so expect a high quote. There are quite a few of them in the Los Angeles area. Just go to their website and look for the nearest location to you: http://marcosautobody.com/
Old 12-09-06, 08:39 AM
vandit23
Driver

Thanks sc300. I will look into that. Also, I have been thinking the past few das, and mabe an auto paging system would be good. At least for me my car is in a visible place from my office. Maybe this can be a solution for the future. I can't thank you guys enough for all your help and support, hopefully the car will get repaired soon and I'll have an update for u guys.
Old 12-09-06, 04:10 PM
SKA430
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man...sorry to see that!! What color is your car? Can't tell exactly on my computer. Any color besides black and they will need to blend the hood and the left rear door for color-matching for the metallics in the paint. With black, that wouldn't be necessary. I would say you will need the whole door shell, not just the skin, due to the location of the door-intrusion beam and where it connects to the door shell. Lexus says that if the intrusion beam is hit, the door shell needs to be replaced for safety reasons. Your A pillar (hinge pillar) could be slightly dented in, but shouldn't be too much of a problem to fix. Be wary of where your insurance company may recommend you go. In many cases, they have a financial reason to send you to a certain shop. Just do your own homework before you go there to make sure that YOUR insterests, and not just the insurance company's interests are being served. I would definitely seek the suggestions of your dealer, and any places your friends with nice cars have been before. Good luck, and I hope it all comes out perfectly!!
Old 12-09-06, 09:07 PM
vandit23
Driver

Yeah, I just filed the claim with my insurance, and they didn't even require a police report...hmmm...anyway, they said I could go to any shop I wanted, but I looked on their website for their recommended shops, and they had tons...I am thinking of going to Toyota of North Hollywood, Calliber Collison, or Beverly Hills Auto Body...Any input on these locations? Caliber seems to have a few locations, So I figure they are ok, but do any of you think a dealership would be better?

Thanks for the help.
Old 12-11-06, 09:44 AM
mj0723
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I just filed the claim with my insurance, and they didn't even require a police report...hmmm...anyway, they said I could go to any shop I wanted, but I looked on their website for their recommended shops, and they had tons...I am thinking of going to Toyota of North Hollywood, Calliber Collison, or Beverly Hills Auto Body...Any input on these locations? Caliber seems to have a few locations, So I figure they are ok, but do any of you think a dealership would be better?

Thanks for the help.
Vandit, sorry for the "no reply" on your request for Marco's contact info. It looks like someone gave you their web address already.

Anyways, if you've already filed the case with your insurance company, then my suggestion to you is to get the car fixed, and fix it well. I had prior experience with a dealer-owned repair shop, and they did a horrible job on it. Afterwards, my friend told me that since they are under the same owner, the repair shop will try to get as much money from the insurance company as possible and use the cheap (or even used parts) for repair.

If the shops that you've listed are not dealership-owned and/or affiliated with the dealerships, then it should be OK, but to be honest, I've not heard of any of those repair shops. Sorry for the rant, hope you find the shop that you can trust for this fix. Good luck & let us know how the repair process goes.
Old 12-11-06, 10:28 AM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the help.

There is a body shop on Robertson Blvd about 1/2 mile south of Pico Blvd across from the fire station (called Brown Bros). Besides the good work they did recently on a friend's jaguar, they have been recommended to me by my mechanic of 20+ years when I got into a couple accidents during my college days (Women and booze Now it's mortgage and taxes ). I think they are an authorized body shop for Mercedes of B.H., Falk Lexus in Beverly Hills and Miller Toyota.