GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

THE 2007 GS350 is now in my garage

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-06, 09:48 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

yes, 44k was a great out the door price for the car.

I'm sure Lexus didn't hesitate too much to give him the special treatment when he offered straight up cash.
Old 12-12-06, 11:08 AM
ucmyGS350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
yes, 44k was a great out the door price for the car.

I'm sure Lexus didn't hesitate too much to give him the special treatment when he offered straight up cash.
From my understaning, There aren't much negotiating when it comes down to cash deals. The only profit for the dealer is whatever price you pay. When you finance a car thru dealers they get all sorts of incentives/kickbacks from banks and whatever else there is. They are making up profit on the back end of your deal. Which is why when you finance a car, dealers will work with you and negotiate more with you.

IMO..you have a better chance of buying a car at invoice when you finance thru dealer than if you offer straight up cash.
Old 12-12-06, 11:43 AM
Corsa999
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LVLEXUS
SO TRUE........I wanted to see my score.......dealerships are noted for lies, this was a HONEST and STRAIGHT FORWARD DEAL.....YES IT UIS MONDAY AND I DID CHECK IT ALL OUT AND IT WAS ABOVE BOARD...AND THE GM WAS RIGHT WITH ME MAKING SURE THINGS WERE THE SAME WHEN I SPOKE WITH HIM....NO LAST MINUTE BUTS!

Hey, glad to hear. I hate to see people have to go through hell to buy a car. You seemed completely prepared, but...you know what I'm talking about, right? Again, enjoy that sweet looking ride.
Old 12-12-06, 12:26 PM
LVLEXUS
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thank you Lexus and ALL CLUB LEXUS FRIENDS!

Originally Posted by Corsa999
Hey, glad to hear. I hate to see people have to go through hell to buy a car. You seemed completely prepared, but...you know what I'm talking about, right? Again, enjoy that sweet looking ride.
That is exactly what I wanted to avoid. I KNEW WHAT I WANTED.....

Just waiting for the car cover to be sent over from the dealer. Yes, I did pay for the car cover myself, No the dealer did not include it.

To all that wrote...THANKS.......both positive and negative and doubtful!

The car is the garage and still not taken it back out.

Yes I was very lucky to have gotten the deal that I got!

I am thankful and grateful........

A SWEET RIDE AND

P...U...R....E....L....Y... ...L......E......X.....U......S!

p.s. Salesperson gave me several more keyrings.
Old 12-12-06, 02:43 PM
mikesm
Rookie

Originally Posted by ucmyGS350
From my understaning, There aren't much negotiating when it comes down to cash deals. The only profit for the dealer is whatever price you pay. When you finance a car thru dealers they get all sorts of incentives/kickbacks from banks and whatever else there is. They are making up profit on the back end of your deal. Which is why when you finance a car, dealers will work with you and negotiate more with you.

IMO..you have a better chance of buying a car at invoice when you finance thru dealer than if you offer straight up cash.
Interesting. Does Lexus finance allow you to pay off the loan immediately without penalty? If you can get a better price with financing but don't like to carry debt, this seems to be the best of both worlds.

Thanks,
mike
Old 12-14-06, 12:25 AM
spiralynth
Rookie

I have to ask what someone else asked again.

Can you share the dealer and the salesperson's name? Or just the dealer if you don't feel comfortable with the rest? If this dealer is open to make this deal again, they just got themselves an unsolicited customer for a sale right now.

I'm in the market for a GS350 right now and though I've had brief talks with Lexus of Reno and a couple in CA, I haven't looked at Vegas yet, which I assume is where you are.

Great car. Great job.
Old 12-14-06, 12:47 AM
spiralynth
Rookie

Welp, a quick search on lexus.com tells me there is only one dealer in LV. Two in the entire state! Nutty.

So, LVLEXUS, I hope you can give me the salesperson's name because I'm ready for a deal right now. Maybe you can get some sort of kickback for referring me to him. I even can include that my negotations
Old 12-14-06, 03:33 PM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Whats the lowest sticker price and corresponding invoice price for a gs350 with navi and ML? His vehicle's 51K sticker may be with the little "dealer add-on" supplemental add-on for stuff like paint protection and other dealer rip-offs.