GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Please advise on new GS350 purchase

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-06 | 09:50 PM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

Default Please advise on new GS350 purchase

I was in negotiation for a GS350 RWD (smoky granite w/ ash interior) with the following:
- Nav system (no ML)
- Preferred accessory package
- Vented seats
- Rear sun shade
- Lip spoiler
- Rain sensing Wipes w/ HID headlamps
- 18" Wheels (not chrome).

Per my calculations, the package above costs the dealer approx $42,300 (excluding $900+ factory holdback). After my due diligence regarding researching car pricing, I offered $45,000 (includes destination). Dealer wouldn't budge below $46,500 (MSRP is $48,997).

Was my offer unrealistic for the Los Angeles market? I've only been to one dealership (in Santa Monica) and plan on going to another this weekend (possibly Falk in Beverly Hills as I live on the westside or I may travel to Longo). Understanding the theory of supply and demand,...I feel my offer was very respectable.

Please advise.

Old 12-14-06 | 11:37 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

I'll check others. But. $2500 is great! I paid $1500 below msrp for mine. You're lucky you live on the mainland. I found out the reason why Hawaii can't get the same deals as the mainland. Its not so much theres only ONE dealer (I'm sure it has something to do with it), but its how they made the deal to get the cars. They bring in the cars differently so the pricing is different. And since they don't bring it in on any fleet discounts, the prices are much higher.

I think if I had time to drive this car for a day, then decide, I think I would've waited a month or so and special ordered one from the mainland. I think I could've saved another about another $1000. Maybe.
Old 12-15-06 | 02:30 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Not so great. I got $5k+ off on mine with ML and nav @ Tustin Lexus. Jim Falk was around the same price but I would never do business with them after the experience I had. Poor customer service pre-sale = even worse service post-sale. If you want to go to Longo, ask for my buddy Verone and tell him 2thfixr sent you. He is one of the managers there and he will give you a great deal. I would have bought mine from him but he didn't have 1 of the 2 cars in stock.
Old 12-15-06 | 08:43 AM
Faheta
Driver

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Not so great. I got $5k+ off on mine with ML and nav @ Tustin Lexus. Jim Falk was around the same price but I would never do business with them after the experience I had. Poor customer service pre-sale = even worse service post-sale. If you want to go to Longo, ask for my buddy Verone and tell him 2thfixr sent you. He is one of the managers there and he will give you a great deal. I would have bought mine from him but he didn't have 1 of the 2 cars in stock.
I received a quote from Tustin for $500 above invoice a couple weeks ago.
(I didn't go for it ... the 335i is still very tempting )
Old 12-15-06 | 09:04 AM
Fujifuzz
Pole Position

After all said and done. I got my GS350 at invoice from Tustin Lexus, but like 2thefxr said, their service SUCKS!!! I hope the people at Tustin Lexus read this.
Old 12-15-06 | 09:16 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

No actually, I said that Jim Falk sucks but I did have issues with Tustin Lexus. I had a problem with the first salesperson because he was a total a$$. I actually talked to one of the "team leaders" and told him that if this is the guy I have to deal with, I might as well take my 2 car deal and walk out the door so he put me with another guy. The 2nd guy was great. The funny thing is that the 1st a$$ was from Jim Falk and had been at the dealership less than a month. The team leader's response reagarding the a$$ was, "He is very old school and we have been having problems with him."

Fujifuzz, maybe the a$$ was your salesman? Tall, skinny guy with dark hair and a really bad "I am better than you" attitude.
Old 12-15-06 | 12:03 PM
Fujifuzz
Pole Position

MARIO in financing was one of the asses I had to deal with at Tustin Lexus.
Old 12-15-06 | 02:08 PM
jonzzz
Driver School Candidate

Default names?

Could you please provide the sales manager's name for Tustin Lexus? I plan to check them out this weekend as well. Thanks in advance!
Old 12-15-06 | 02:25 PM
sdbrandon
Lead Lap

Hold your price. Someone will budge. Toyota will start dumping cars very shortly. The end of thr quarter draws near.
Old 12-15-06 | 02:27 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Ask for one of the team managers Whitey and speak to his man Ray Kahn. Tell him the dentist from Bakersfield with the 2 car deal sent you and that I told you about my $200 over invoice GS deal. You should have no problems getting at least $500 over but might have to push a little for the $200 over deal.
Old 12-15-06 | 02:39 PM
jonzzz
Driver School Candidate

Thanks a lot! I was considering of leasing an E or purchasing the GS, if I can get the price, I would go for the GS purchase.
Old 12-15-06 | 03:50 PM
hsk73
Lead Lap

Sounds like $600 to $1000 over invoice is the going price now days...
I think $600 over invoice was from Tustin...
Old 12-15-06 | 04:36 PM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

Thanks all for your input.

For my GS350 configuration, invoice is $42,600 (excluding destination, tags & documentation fees). So making a deal at $43,100 to $43,600 + those miscellaneous fees would be fair, correct? ...and that would take me to the (approximately) $45,000 I offered of which then makes this a good deal for both parties.

Dealer would make $1,000 over invoice, $989 in hold back and unknown (probably about $150) floor plan fee.

Can someone bless this deal or am I missing something?
Old 12-15-06 | 04:54 PM
hsk73
Lead Lap

I think you made a very generous offer!!

You would've got your car already.... If you didn't choose the two most aggresive dealers you could find... IMO. Santa Monica and Jim Falk...

Looks like people get better deals in OC... Cerritos, Logo, Tustin, Westminster.... Except for Newport!

It also helps if you talk to someone in fleet dept... rather then regular sales person from the floor...
Most of time... they are forced to sell large amount of cars in short period of time...
Old 12-15-06 | 05:42 PM
lexus4dfw
Rookie

I actually got mine @ Newport about 6 weeks ago through the fleet dept. I wanted Matador red and it was the only one in So Cal with options I wanted. Paid $200. over invoice.

Quick Reply: Please advise on new GS350 purchase