GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

East coast prices on loaded GS350 AWD ML?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-06, 11:55 AM
omr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default East coast prices on loaded GS350 AWD ML?

MSRP is around $51K.
What should I expect to get this for?
Old 12-18-06, 12:43 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by omr
MSRP is around $51K.
What should I expect to get this for?
$46,400 maybe a couple hundred more.
Old 12-18-06, 02:07 PM
GreatSmile
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
$46,400 maybe a couple hundred more.
Maybe in Minnesota, but I don't think you will find that low in NJ/NY/PA area
Old 12-18-06, 02:34 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GreatSmile
Maybe in Minnesota, but I don't think you will find that low in NJ/NY/PA area
Now this is Funny!

- I agree that you cannot get this price in Minnesota, but I have closed the deal on a car exactly as described for $46.4K in N.J. - I am flying out to Jersey to pick the car up and drive it back to Minnesota.

BTW - Lots of folks on this forum have purchased this car from the New Jersey area for this kind of price! - That is how I found out about it, living in Minnesota.

Last edited by Cut-Throat; 12-18-06 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-18-06, 02:57 PM
ucmyGS350
Rookie

Now this is Funny!

- I agree that you cannot get this price in Minnesota, but I have closed the deal on a car exactly as described for $46.4K in N.J. - I am flying out to Jersey to pick the car up and drive it back to Minnesota.

BTW - Lots of folks on this forum have purchased this car from the New Jersey area for this kind of price! - That is how I found out about it, living in Minnesota.

I'm glad they finally came through for you...i know you've been waiting for awhile...so they finally located the car? I really thought that price was too good to be true...but congrats on the deal.

when are you picking up the car? which color combo did you get? when are you flying in?
Old 12-18-06, 03:00 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ucmyGS350
I'm glad they finally came through for you...i know you've been waiting for awhile...so they finally located the car? I really thought that price was too good to be true...but congrats on the deal.

when are you picking up the car? which color combo did you get? when are you flying in?
The car is in, but I'm going to Arizona for Christmas, so I won't be picking it up until Jan 2nd. I got the Silver with Black interior.
Old 12-18-06, 06:48 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now this is Funny!

Did you get it from Ray Catena? BTW, what I find funny is that you will get such a great deal from out-of-state flying to NJ. But, you will have a hard time getting it locally in NJ. I think its due to a fact they realized that you are doing comparison shoping across the states and will fly anywhere to get a better deal. While, locals only get ONE dealership within hundreds of miles without any competition (like in CA) and have no choice but to get it at offered price.
Old 12-18-06, 10:39 PM
Franknyc30
Driver

hey cut throat congrats did you get it from ray catena
Old 12-19-06, 05:30 AM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Franknyc30
hey cut throat congrats did you get it from ray catena
Yup.

BTW- Twister - When my Lexus dealership realized I was flying to N.J. to pick up a car. - They told me to have a nice trip. Same with the guys in Chicago. Just depends on the competetion in the area. Tell your N.J. salesman you're from Minnesota and you'll get the same price.
Old 12-19-06, 09:04 AM
NJSID
Driver

I Got The 2007awd With Everything Except The Marl Lev For 44,999 At Difeo......
Old 12-19-06, 11:35 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Cut-Throat, when you are buying out of state, do you only pay taxes in your states when registering the car? Also, I betch your dealer thought you were bluffing. I would like to see his face expression when you roll in on a new GS!!! You will have to service it there anyway...

BTW, I also got mine GS350 AWD @ Ray Catena (I live 10 minutes away). Mine comes with Premium package (cooled/heated perforated seats, spoiler, winter mats, etc.) and no Nav and no ML, for $41,500. I was coming off a lemon ES350 (Lexus Corporate buyback), and dealer just did me a favor with below the invoice price.
Old 12-19-06, 12:22 PM
ucmyGS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by twister
Cut-Throat, when you are buying out of state, do you only pay taxes in your states when registering the car? Also, I betch your dealer thought you were bluffing. I would like to see his face expression when you roll in on a new GS!!! You will have to service it there anyway...

BTW, I also got mine GS350 AWD @ Ray Catena (I live 10 minutes away). Mine comes with Premium package (cooled/heated perforated seats, spoiler, winter mats, etc.) and no Nav and no ML, for $41,500. I was coming off a lemon ES350 (Lexus Corporate buyback), and dealer just did me a favor with below the invoice price.
Twister-

Did you say you bought a 2007 GS350 AWD non-ML for $41,500??!!! What was your out of pocket cost with the buyback? How long did you have that "Lemon ES350"? What happened with that car?
Old 12-19-06, 01:20 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ucmyGS350
Twister-

Did you say you bought a 2007 GS350 AWD non-ML for $41,500??!!! What was your out of pocket cost with the buyback? How long did you have that "Lemon ES350"? What happened with that car?
I got my ES350 in the end of July. Discovered that infamous cold start 3rd/4th gear flare. After dealer confirmed it and talked to Corporate Lexus, they decided to skip valve body repair (as described in TSIB) and go straight to tranny replacement. Second tranny started flaring up a week later, and at that point I told my dealer that I don't feel comfortable with a car anymore. So, Corporate Lexus offered me a buyback with either a replacement with a new ES350 or money back or trading in for another Lexus. After test driving GS350 for a couple of days it was a no brainer. The one I got is GS350 AWD without NAV and without ML (just a Premium package as I described above), so MSRP was close to $48k. I figured the invoice price of $42.2k. Than, dealer split with me holdback incentive ($500 off) and took off $200 registration fee, to knock it down to $41.5k (I'm also getting Sirius parts/install/warranty for $500 on top of that price). Because of a buyback, the only taxes I had to pay was on difference between ES350 and GS350 price. So, without Sirius and with a full buyback of ES350, the total out of pock with fees/taxes etc. ended up being around $43.5k. This is not a typical deal you get off the street, so don't quote the price because unless you are their old time customer or someone who is buying 2 Lexus cars at-a-time, they will not match it. Actually, its easier to discount a car with NAV/ML since you have more room to play with a price and additional package options. It was just a special case because they felt bad for me going through 2 tranny problems on the same car and driving loaners for almost 1 month out of 4 during which I owned that ES350. At the end, I'm actully glad these problems happend with ES350, otherwise I would not be driving my GS now

Last edited by twister; 12-19-06 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-19-06, 01:45 PM
ucmyGS350
Rookie

twister-

I'm glad everything worked out for you. I just can't believe Lexus can manufacture a "lemon" like the ES350 you had to go through. Did they tell you if you were the first lexus owner to ever experience a defect like that?
Old 12-19-06, 01:59 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Have you been at ES350 forum lately?!? Tranny *flares* is the most popular topic being discussed in there. Lexus rushed with '07 ES350 model by releasing it in April. '07 Camry was affected by this problem since they have the same tranny. Close to a hundred or more ES350/Camries went dead in the first few month of release because some ring inside of tranny was put backward. Lexus had to stop a production for a couple of weeks to fix the quality problem. Than, everything seem to be OK, until cold start 3rd/4th gear flaring started to happen. They released TSIB, but so far it hasn't fixed even one flare. I used to get 2,000 rpm jump going from 3rd to 4th gear in the morning. Lots of people reporting the same problem, there has been a number of buybacks already and lots of tranny replacements (with a few like mine being unsuccessful). In addition, a number of ES350 have a high wind noise due to a bad door sealing.

Bottom line, when you go to ES350 forum, everyone talks about problems. When you come here, you only hear about car modding and occasional dashboard squeaks This is a much happier place to be

Quick Reply: East coast prices on loaded GS350 AWD ML?