GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Lemon Law

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-06 | 12:17 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ted5469
After 3 months of my 2007 GS350 awd car being in the shop. My Radio still dosent work right. Technicians came to look at it and there is nothing they can do. I called lexus Corp. They do want to take my calls. The dealership that i got the car from gives me the run-around. I think now it is time to lemon law the car or drive it into the EAST RIVER....

Things that were replaced.

Rear Window
Radio Wire harness (3 times)
Radio (4 times)
Amp. (2 times)
Headliner
I could have written this exact post about my own experiences with corporate and my first dealer. This is the norm from my own experiences and it was my 3rd Lexus at the time.

Just do not give up and go try out and rely on a 2nd dealer or a 3rd if need be who might help you out where you are getting no help now. There are truly wonderful dealers out there who will help you where your original and corporate will not.

Don't drive it into the river though no matter what happens
Old 12-28-06 | 07:57 PM
Mccattack
Driver School Candidate

I am assuming that you are in NY based on your location.

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/consumer/...w_brochure.pdf

This gives you a good overview of the NY laws.
Old 12-28-06 | 08:11 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GreatSmile
I found that interesting that the coporate doesn't want to talk with you. I'd try twister's suggestion by telling them that you will call BBB, JD power...etc. Or even local media such as newspaper or tv to do a story on your experience. Media is a powerful tool, it can help a business and it can destroy a business. Just think before you seek that route.
Thats the way to go.Try to spread your story as much as you can. Try posting on www.planetfeedback.com too.If your story reaches the newspaper headline or the TV news, Lexus WILL have to do somthing about your car. Good luck and hope everything goes well!
Old 01-15-07 | 06:09 PM
MarsB007
Driver

Just as in Florida, it seems that NY's law gives you 2 options:

1. 4 strikes
2. >30 days in service

Thus, since it appears you have way more than 30 days under your belt, you're free to file the paperwork. I'm guessing it's the same thing as Florida, followed by a formal complaint filed by the State Attorney's office, with a manufacturer's answer, followed by a bunch of BS by which the manufacturer alleges all possible affirmative defenses. Overall, if you have a good case they'll settle a few days before mediation is set. Combined time spent on it? 1 hour!

I'm not qualified to give legal advice in NY, so check with an attorney beforehand if you don't feel up to the task.

P.S. The 30 day rule does not need to be for the same problem... thus, if your car has been in the shop for a combined 30 days, they will be forced to lemon it. Please understand that this time has to be for something reasonable... it's debatable whether squeaks/rattles count... but I've been successful in the past even with those (especially for a car manufacturer who prides itself on the quiet interior, etc.)

Good luck.
Old 01-15-07 | 06:32 PM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

If one of your local tv stations has a consumer action hotline, call them. They love going after prominent names, and the kind of publicity they can generate is definitely not the type Lexus wants.
Old 02-04-07 | 02:50 PM
Markie1985
Driver School Candidate

Default Lemon Law Lawyer

I dont know if it is the same in all states but in New Jersey, Lemon law lawyers are free. The way it works is you contact the lawyer and if they agree to take your case all financial responsibility is on them. However beware of their advice, since no matter what they will get a flat fee from the settlement if it goes that far (not out of your settlement $, it is in addition to), they would rather settle for less than actually go to court because they dont get anymore money besdies their flat rate that is paid for by the manufac.