GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What to do with New RunFlats taken off my GS350?.........

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-07, 10:27 AM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do with New RunFlats taken off my GS350?.........

I had my RunFlat Dunlops taken off my GS350 and replaced them with Michelins before I drove it. Mostly because of complaints of too stiff a ride on this forum. With the idea that I could sell them at a future date.

Where would you try and sell these? - E-bay? or ??????

How much would you try to get for them?
Old 01-18-07, 10:35 AM
Ishinc
Driver

I would put it up in CL classified first and see if you get any bites. There is also the craigslist, so you can sell locally to avoid the hassle of shipping. I guess lastly there is ebay!

Not sure how much run flats are going for but i'm sure they are worth something, i'm not too familar with 3rd gens, what size are they?
Old 01-18-07, 10:40 AM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ishinc
, i'm not too familar with 3rd gens, what size are they?

They are 225/50/17 - 93V
Old 01-18-07, 10:58 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you said "before I drove it", do you mean you haven't put any miles at all of those runflats? Because I would be curious to hear a comparison report from someone who driven runflats for at least a couple thousand miles and than switched to another tire, like those Michelins. I'm keeping mine for now through the winter until spring time when all the potholes are fixed But thinking about replacing it before the summer time with regular tires.

Personally, I wouldn't call runflats ride stiff. AWD suspension aside, I would call the ride quality with these tires a little soft. I don't want to change springs, just tires. I just don't think they grip to the road during cornering as good as some other performance all-season tires. I would definitely be looking for a new all-season tires with a longer lifespan than 15k-19k, and also something that will improve the car handling.

BTW, which Michelins did you get and how do you like the ride?
Old 01-18-07, 11:06 AM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by twister
When you said "before I drove it", do you mean you haven't put any miles at all of those runflats? Because I would be curious to hear a comparison report from someone who driven runflats for at least a couple thousand miles and than switched to another tire, like those Michelins.

BTW, which Michelins did you get and how do you like the ride?
Yes I took the RunFlats off at the dealer and had them replaced with The Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 tires. So far so Good. I went with the quietest all-season tire Michelin had for this car. I just wanted a conventional tire after all the banter on this forum about the RunFlats stiff ride.

I really did not want to drive the RunFlats at all, mostly because they would be worth more new than with 2 thousand miles on them. They still have the little nubbies on the tread face!
Old 01-18-07, 11:38 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,556 Posts

Couldn't you get the dealer to swap out the tire and keep the runflats as part of the deal?

And if they're basically new, you might consider selling them to a tire store or even trading them against a new set of what you have for your second set later.
Old 01-18-07, 12:51 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Couldn't you get the dealer to swap out the tire and keep the runflats as part of the deal?

And if they're basically new, you might consider selling them to a tire store or even trading them against a new set of what you have for your second set later.

Yeah, they offered to swap tires for another $900. - So I bought the Michelins off tire rack for $550 and had the place down the street install them for $75

They would not even install them for me for less than $200. Said I was getting too good of a deal already.
Old 01-19-07, 01:30 PM
NJSID
Driver

I Would Be Interested In Buying Them Since I Am Leasing My Car And I Have Run Flates And My Lease Is For 36k And The Ones I Have Now Will Prob Only Last 20k....plus In Jersey There Is Alot Of Crap That Would Probably Ruin The Ones I Have ...tell Me What You Want! Ok To Email Me Personally...
Old 01-19-07, 01:42 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

I sent you a PM, as I could not find your e-mail address.