GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Fogs & High Beams Simultaneously ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-07, 02:33 AM
kuch123
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fogs & High Beams Simultaneously ?

Anyone find a hack to allow this yet? It was an easy hack in the Boxster and now that many of us have the HID fogs, it would be nice not to have the HID fogs flipping on and off when the brights are used.. Not only will it extend the life if the HID bulbs, it will really light up the road having everything on
Old 01-19-07, 08:42 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't think you should do this. It would be way too much light to oncoming traffic and those in front of you. Blindingly so. Its quite disturbing and uncomfortable so if you wouldn't like others to do it to you, please don't do it to others. The purpose for turning off the fogs when highs are turned on is precisely this reason, adding HID fogs only makes this feature more crucial. Your HID bulb life wont go down much if any, its a rare sight to have to have to replace them and by not doing this you may actually save someone from becoming blinded by the lights and crossing your path on the highway.
Old 01-19-07, 08:50 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wouldn't hardwire it to do that at all.
If you need to do it for a short time, on a back road with no oncoming traffic.
I believe you can pull the high beam lever then halfway release it, still holding it though, but this I think keeps them both on, but for as only as long as you hold it.

Don't hardwire it though.
It does what it suppose to.
Old 01-19-07, 09:21 AM
kuch123
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, and the computer displaying warnings at startup and preventing you from dialing the phone, planning trips and watching DVDs while driving is also the car 'doing what it's supposed to do' .. and thats so you don't 'drive into' the oncoming traffic, let alone make them 'uncomfortable' .. But that doesn't seem to be problem hacking away around here

The point of high beams it to use them when there is no oncomming traffic, and that's when i use them. And in the instructions with the Phillips bulbs & HID kit, it clearly states that turning them on/off frequently reduces the life of the bulbs.. and since most of us only use high beams when there is no oncomming traffic, they tend to be turned off/on frequently. I guess I should remove my HIR high beam bulbs too ?
Old 01-19-07, 09:36 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kuch123
Yea, and the computer displaying warnings at startup and preventing you from dialing the phone, planning trips and watching DVDs while driving is also the car 'doing what it's supposed to do' .. and thats so you don't 'drive into' the oncoming traffic, let alone make them 'uncomfortable' .. But that doesn't seem to be problem hacking away around here

The point of high beams it to use them when there is no oncomming traffic, and that's when i use them. And in the instructions with the Phillips bulbs & HID kit, it clearly states that turning them on/off frequently reduces the life of the bulbs.. and since most of us only use high beams when there is no oncomming traffic, they tend to be turned off/on frequently. I guess I should remove my HIR high beam bulbs too ?
----------------------