GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Lexus GS300 owner from Brunei

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-07, 12:56 AM
kaewen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Lexus GS300 owner from Brunei

Hi all!

First of all let me say you guys have a very informative and useful forum here. Sometimes, too informative, till the technician in the only Lexus center here in Brunei has no clue of what i'm talking about (e.g. C-Best Settings)

I recently got a GS300 RWD (coz thats the only model they carry here) with a DVD player, ML amps and a Rear View Camera as standard. And I spent one month reading comments and experience from fellow members before making that choice. The cost is SGD$81k (eqv to USD$50k) But luckily for us, our pertrol price is at SGD$0.55/litre (eqv to USD$0.34/litre)

Anyhoo.. back to my point. I've seen some very useful tips here and tried to get them in my GS, but to no avail. The two things I wanna do is to make my doors autolock after a certain speed. The instructions are not in our manuals here and I've followed the steps in https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ighlight=12mph
but it does not work...

The next thing is to watch DVD, use my Bluetooth dialing and MP3 folders while driving. My DVD only works if my parking brakes are on. I tried to do the BT overide, but there is no sound page in my touch screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've also purchased a Trunk Lip Spoiler over ebay for USD50 (as yet again the dealer here do not order them for you) The next question is how do we mount it? Can we just use a good quality tape? I cannot bear to drill any holes in my brand new car yet.

Ahh and these are some of the things I've discovered.
- You can burn a music DVD using Toast Titanium on a imac. I got 32hrs of music on a music DVD, but it took 3.5hrs to encode and burn the DVD. It even gives the option of having the "shuffle" function like an ipod
- We can roll up our windows using the key fob, but for the moonroof, we need to slot the key into the keyhole and turn "lock"

Thanks in advance for any response (if any)

Kaewen
Old 01-24-07, 07:18 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on your new GS and welcome to CL.
Old 01-24-07, 08:22 PM
LexFather

Welcome.
For the door auto unlock at speed, that is a C-best setting that only your dealer can change. They may charge you.
There is a thread about programming the DVDs to work while driving overide.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216004'

Somewhere in there
Old 01-24-07, 11:11 PM
kaewen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Welcome.
For the door auto unlock at speed, that is a C-best setting that only your dealer can change. They may charge you.
There is a thread about programming the DVDs to work while driving overide.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216004'

Somewhere in there

Hi 1sicklex, thanks for the reply. unfortuately, the new GS has a new software (or maybe region) and we do not have the screens as ashown in the DIY & Tips sections
Also, the dealer here has no idea what C-Best settings are. Another told me that this is only applicable in USA. Can i write to Lexus in Japan and tell them their dealers are not properly trained?
Had my LHS rear view mirror replaced as the it is not tinting under normal conditions like the RHS ones.

Anyone has this problem?
Old 01-24-07, 11:28 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Welcome to CL man and fellow cheap gas consumer My GS is 03 so i cant be of much help .
Old 01-26-07, 06:08 PM
Zadil
Driver School Candidate

Default Brunei

Good to hear from you dude.. i have to agree with you about the Lexus service here in Brunei. Good luck with your mods dude. Gonna install my autocouture kit soon Ings are too expensive for me..