GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Fujita Short Ram Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-07, 12:54 PM
oliveiraej
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Fujita Short Ram Air Intake

Yesterday, I installed the Fujita Short Ram Air Intake and no error codes came up until this morning . I got a check engine idot light up.

Is this normal?

And has anyone installed a Fujita Intake on a 2006 GS 300 AWD, any problems?
Old 01-25-07, 01:31 PM
leestoy
Driver

I installed mine about a month ago (GS300 RWD) and no error codes at all... I did not disconnect the battery or anything either so that shouldn't be a problem if you did or didin't...
Old 01-25-07, 04:04 PM
mprd702
Pole Position

I have a Fujita Intake on my GS300 and the Check Engine light came on also. Call Fujita direct, they have a recall on ALL the old style intakes they made. They have a new design that wont set off the check engine light. The old design intake wasn't able to read the MAF correctly, but the new one supposely will. I haven't gotten my new one yet, but I'll keep you updated. It's been 2 weeks since I've called them, still waiting...............Maybe one day soon....... =)
Old 01-25-07, 05:31 PM
leestoy
Driver

How old is the Fujita that you guys have put on your car??? I received mine around a month ago or so..?? I don't know if this is the new model or not.. But like I said no check engine lights...How old are yours????
Old 01-26-07, 03:43 PM
oliveiraej
Rookie

I purchased mine 1 1/2 weeks ago and it arrived on Tuesday and I installed it and the next moring the check engine idot light was on.

I'll call them and see what they say.

Thanks for the support.

Now if someone could help me with the VSC Check light that would be great. I updated my rims and tires 2.5 weeks ago and 5 days ago the check inflation system came up and 2 days later the check VSC came up. I think that one of the Lexus TPMS Sensors may have gone bad. I'll check that with my tire guy next week when he gets the RF Tester for the TPMS Sensors.

Also Has anyone had a AFS Light come up after they installed their NF 210 Springs. It happen today when I installed the springs.

Any help would be great.
Old 01-26-07, 03:46 PM
mprd702
Pole Position

Originally Posted by leestoy
How old is the Fujita that you guys have put on your car??? I received mine around a month ago or so..?? I don't know if this is the new model or not.. But like I said no check engine lights...How old are yours????
I've had mine for less then a month...it's wierd.....
Old 01-26-07, 03:52 PM
mprd702
Pole Position

Originally Posted by oliveiraej
I purchased mine 1 1/2 weeks ago and it arrived on Tuesday and I installed it and the next moring the check engine idot light was on.

I'll call them and see what they say.

Thanks for the support.

Now if someone could help me with the VSC Check light that would be great. I updated my rims and tires 2.5 weeks ago and 5 days ago the check inflation system came up and 2 days later the check VSC came up. I think that one of the Lexus TPMS Sensors may have gone bad. I'll check that with my tire guy next week when he gets the RF Tester for the TPMS Sensors.

Also Has anyone had a AFS Light come up after they installed their NF 210 Springs. It happen today when I installed the springs.

Any help would be great.

The VSC light will go away once you install the new intake pipe. For some reason the intake that cause the check engine light cause the VSC light to go off also...booooo...... The check inflation light come on probably because who ever installed the wheels needs to install the factory vavle stem back into the wheels or "I've heard" you can take all 4 out of the factory wheels and just put them in the car and reprogram the valve stem, it might work?
The AFS lights, go on the forums here, alot of people have the same problems and someone here solved the issue. Good Luck man
Old 01-26-07, 10:09 PM
oliveiraej
Rookie

Talking Thanks to all that have helped so far

Originally Posted by mprd702
The VSC light will go away once you install the new intake pipe. For some reason the intake that cause the check engine light cause the VSC light to go off also...booooo...... The check inflation light come on probably because who ever installed the wheels needs to install the factory vavle stem back into the wheels or "I've heard" you can take all 4 out of the factory wheels and just put them in the car and reprogram the valve stem, it might work?
The AFS lights, go on the forums here, alot of people have the same problems and someone here solved the issue. Good Luck man

I will do a search on AFS and see what I get back. It's a place to start and I know that many of the members have done this mode it has to be something that can be handled. Thanks for all the support and help, KEEP THE EMAILS COMING. Many be some day I will be able to help another member in a jam also.
Old 01-27-07, 06:46 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check this thread for a solution to the AFS light: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=260784.
Old 10-30-09, 11:52 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

...ok,... bought a Fujita intake from a member here, installed it.... worked cool first day, yesterday, got the CHECK VSC lights, the circle thing, and the trac control light,...

1) How can i tell if he sold me the "older" or "newer" intake pipe??

2) has anyone identified the root of the problem?
Old 10-30-09, 01:54 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This thread pretty much sums up why I feel any kind of engine mods on cars that have this much electronic trickery is usually asking for painful and possibly expensive diagnoses.

I had an intake on my Matrix XRS that I installed myself and never gave me issues for years but Gen3 GS seems a whole lot pickier.
Old 10-31-09, 02:21 AM
heyitzalex
Pole Position

Hi NAZTY97, I did some research and if you replace the filter with the AEM dry flow filter, you will not get a check engine light. Some people get it, some don't, its quite odd. Our MAF sensors are too sensitive.
Old 10-31-09, 11:49 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

any recommendations on where to get this filter??
Old 10-31-09, 12:58 PM
maying856
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never got any lights..........maybe u installed it wrong?
Old 10-31-09, 07:43 PM
heyitzalex
Pole Position

try eBay, did a quick search for you. Get your filter's measurements and get the same one. just make sure the intake pipe diameter is the same.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

Quick Reply: Fujita Short Ram Air Intake