GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Challenge for hackers

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-07, 02:58 PM
indihawk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenge for hackers

I searched the tips, tricks thread and couldn't find anything on this. As I was driving yesterday, I thought how cool it would be to have the touch screen turn into an internet screen via bluetooth off your phone. This may require a mod to your phone as well as the Nav - I don't know. Am I just dreaming here?

Also, I have an '05 GX with Nav and just picked up my '07 GS350 with Nav. If I burn an exact copy of the Nav DVD from the GS, will it work as an upgrade in the GX?

Thanks for all your help as well as tips, tricks and mods. I can't wait to dive in to this car!
Old 01-29-07, 03:38 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

to answer your questions, yes it will, but not by just the simple burn. ther eis a thread about it search.
You have to change a few lines in the code from 5.1 to 6.1 firmware ex. but by doing this, remember there isnt a hack for the new 6.1 nAV override "yet" so you'd have to do the wire hack if that of importance.

How you like your 350?
where in CO are you?
what color?
Old 01-29-07, 03:47 PM
sbrown02
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jace7
You have to change a few lines in the code from 5.1 to 6.1 firmware ex. but by doing this, remember there isnt a hack for the new 6.1 nAV override "yet" so you'd have to do the wire hack if that of importance.
Jace - You're definately talking like a hack pro now and ready to cut the wires. I'd say go for it , particularly on the DVD hack. I haven't had much use for the Nav override, but the DVD override is definately cool and so simple (only one wire cut if I recall).
Old 01-29-07, 04:07 PM
indihawk
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, Jace. I'll search out that thread and make it work. Seems like the new Nav is a little bit better than the old.

So far I love the 350. I bought it on eBay, flew to Dallas yesterday and drove it back all day yesterday - long day for sure. I'm getting the windows tinted tomorrow and having a clear bra put on. I'm about to head to Grease Monkey to have them put nitrogen in the tires as the light sensor came on this morning. The car is Starfire Pearl with the Cashmere interior. Not my first choice as my wife's GX is Blizzard Pearl with Cashmere but the deal was too good to pass up.

The fun rattle that I have read about was very clear this morning in the cold weather. I read that you are mostly satisfied with your fix. Where did you get it done? I live in the Tech Center which is not great for Kuni or Stevinson but with Stevinson's Valet service, it makes life so much easier.
Old 01-29-07, 04:16 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

I live north... Boulder/Adams county area. So I goto the new stevinson in Frederick. Very nice brand new place.
People there are nice to work with, and although it took them 4 times, for the you know what... I am still satisfied with it.
Looking forward to the warmer weather, as I have only been able to drive my car in less than 80 degree weather... Got it in October or something like that.
Ha and my wife has the blizzard white GX as well.
Funny.
She likes the higher off ground vehicles.
I likce the "cars".
Old 01-30-07, 05:33 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try this: (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=256440)
it seems like you got all the tools you needed for the hybrid disc!!