GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What's a dealer survey worth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-07, 05:00 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xlqp111
Dealers with Elite status get things before other lexus dealers like a ls460 on the showroom floor.
um, no, not exactly. normally you get the choice of a jacket, piece of luggage, or some other crappy gift. but extra cars - no.
Old 02-01-07, 07:57 AM
stech
Driver School Candidate

The sales rep for Lexus of Smithtown was Anthony Lorello, Great service until I gave the dealership a bad survey. He called me afterward and tells me he will lose his bonus and wish he never sold me the car! That I screwed up! Meanwhile it was their service department that delivered brand new GS to me with underinflate tires and they didn't brother to show me where the wheel lock nut was.
Old 02-01-07, 08:12 AM
GS2006
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by stech
Meanwhile it was their service department that delivered brand new GS to me with underinflate tires and they didn't brother to show me where the wheel lock nut was.
Just wait until they service your car.

I now drive to another dealer miles away.
Old 02-01-07, 08:33 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

the surveys should be anonymous, giving an accurate survey in your eyes can really mess up the future service you will receive from a dealer...they should not be able to use your honest responses against you in the future...kepping them anonymous give them the same feedback, I find it interesting car manufacturers feel free to share bad surveys with dealers along with the person who wrote it
Old 02-01-07, 12:20 PM
stech
Driver School Candidate

I have a Lexus dealership five minutes from my home, that will service my car. Don't need to go back to Lexus of Smithtown. I should not have to hide the fact that they didn't do a good job in preparing my car. I paid close to 50k for my car. The survey allows me to let Lexus know that they screw up.
Old 02-01-07, 01:04 PM
mel's-gs
Pole Position

Well, now I'm torn. I am not happy with my purchase experience, including the condition of the car upon delivery. In fact, I feel a bit of a fool for the way the entire process played out. Of course, I don't want to have to go to another dealership for service, either. I don't know if my relaying the info to Lexus will make a difference to the dealership, or not. I'm only one of many, many customers they have.
Old 02-01-07, 01:46 PM
stech
Driver School Candidate

You spent alot of money and you brought a LEXUS. They still have to serve you well because Lexus policies requires that they continue to give good service. I get a service callback each time I bring in my car for service, to ask me if I was happy with service. I happen to go to different dealership, because they are 5 minutes from my home. Can I ask why you were not happy with your delivery and the dealer?
Old 02-01-07, 02:03 PM
GreatSmile
Pole Position

I am very happy with my dealer service. Like stech pointed out, I get a call each time after the service. The dealership is about 30 mins away and they come to pick up my car and drop off a loaner. When the car is finished, they drop if off and pick up their loaner. I'll get a call as to what was done and to tell me that my car is on the way back. They also have mobile tech service: I am waiting for a updated cowl to fix the dashboard noise and the mobile tech will bring it to my office to install it. I can't ask for any better service than this! Sure... I did not get my car below invoice or even 200 over invoice. In fact, I paid 1500 over invoice.....but with the type of service I am getting... IT IS ALL WORTH IT!!!
Old 02-01-07, 05:01 PM
mel's-gs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by stech
You spent alot of money and you brought a LEXUS. They still have to serve you well because Lexus policies requires that they continue to give good service. I get a service callback each time I bring in my car for service, to ask me if I was happy with service. I happen to go to different dealership, because they are 5 minutes from my home. Can I ask why you were not happy with your delivery and the dealer?
The financial aspects of the deal were done over the telephone. The day I was to pick up the car, I got a call telling me they would have me "in and out" as quickly as possible. I was rushed through the paperwork and then shown the car. The salesman did the most cursory review of the features of the car I have ever seen. (This is my 3rd Lexus, btw) After leaving w/the car, I noticed the floors and mirrors were not clean and there were scratches on the console. Perhaps more importantly, it wasn't until much later that I realized that the car did not have certain options that I most definitely would have wanted: AFS, headlamp washers (even though there are buttons for both), rain-sensing wipers, and more. I know I should have asked to be shown at least the sticker before signing on the dotted line, but I was being rushed and it was all rather uncomfortable. For what it's worth, I own the car - I don't lease.
Old 02-02-07, 08:07 AM
stech
Driver School Candidate

You didn't get your car from lexus of smithtown right? Looks they rush the car delivery to you, like my situation. They had full week to prepare and clean the car. Sorry to hear that you didn't get options you wanted. Did the sale person show you the car sticker ( listing all options )?
Old 02-02-07, 08:37 AM
dexlex62
Driver School Candidate

stech, i also purchased from smithtown still waiting for delivery. i plan to slow them down when going over the car and if not satisfied i will not sign on the line until things are right. is the service that bad? you said you no longer use them for service who do you use.
Old 02-02-07, 10:51 AM
mel's-gs
Pole Position

No, I didn't buy the car at Smithtown. I've been having health issues recently, and had gone straight to the dealer from the doctor's office, so my mind wasn't 100% on the proper procedure. I wasn't shown the car or the sticker before I signed the paperwork. I certainly regret not having my "head in the game" that day, but I think some of the responsiblity does fall of the shoulders of the salesperson. I wonder if he would like to buy a car without seeing it or the sticker beforehand.
Old 02-02-07, 11:18 AM
stech
Driver School Candidate

dexlex62, yes, make sure your rep go over the following:

- Location of wheel lock.
- Call again to make sure your tires are properly inflated. For GS it should be 32-40 psi. Mine is 34 psi.
- check windows and dash are clean and no scratch.

I don't use them for service because I lived in NYC, so I go to the Lexus at 57th street. Good Luck. My situation may just be isolate incident. Dealership appears to be very professional.
Old 02-02-07, 11:22 AM
dexlex62
Driver School Candidate

stech,
Thanks for the heads up will do as you suggested ... by the way purchased my previous car from the 57th street location pretty good experience.

mel's-gs ,
Sorry to hear about your negative experience hope all is well wirh your health and car