GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What's a dealer survey worth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-07, 12:04 AM
audreyv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's a dealer survey worth?

Hi everyone. I was told about this forum by some friends who come on. I just got my GS350 last month and this month the survey from Lexus came...

This is my first Lexus, but back when I bought my other cars, the dealer would sometimes offer me a discount if I let them fill out the satisfaction form after the sale.

Has anybody had experience "offering" this to the dealer in return maybe for some benefits for future service or products?

I know... it's not in the spirit of the survey, but it is in the spirit of capitalism. Plus, I had a good dealer experience anyway, so whatever they fill out won't be a lie. Thanks.

-Audrey.
Old 01-30-07, 12:09 AM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

Welcome Audrey to Club Lexus. I filled out a survey for a rep at Longo but all I got were two doughnuts and some coffee for my time.
Old 01-30-07, 06:19 AM
GS2006
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by audreyv
Has anybody had experience "offering" this to the dealer in return maybe for some benefits for future service or products?
That is why these things are worthless to the consumer. Lexus service is as bad or worse as any other car company except you get a smile and a free coke.
Old 01-30-07, 06:55 AM
LVLEXUS
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What it is all about is that people turn in the survey so that the company gets kudos.

Dealership gave me a 50.00 gift certificate for parts department, plus another one for 50.00 for service department. PLUS A SIX PACK OF BOTTLE WATER with THEIR NAME ON IT! 2 FRESH BAGELS AND CREAM CHEESE!

P.S. heading over there this morning to get get some Multigrain bagels. Any one GOT MILK?
Old 01-30-07, 10:27 AM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I got nothing but fantastic customer service

feeling hungry and left out now.
Old 01-30-07, 11:21 AM
stech
Driver School Candidate

The survey is very important. I gave bad survey on Lexus of smithtown and it got back to the dealership. The dealership deduct the sales person's bonus for that month. So it does goes back to Lexus and to the dealership for customer satisfaction and dealership grading.

I had pleasant Lexus experience so far, except on the delivery and the sales guy. My GS350 was delivered to me with underinflated tires ( 28 psi ), dirty windows. Took me Two visits to fix the tire warnings system. When I put this on the survey, the sales guy has the nerve to call me and complain that he is not going to get his next bonus because of this and how he wish he never sold me the car. I complain to his Manager and to the dealership.

In summary use the survey to indicate your feelings.
Old 01-30-07, 12:19 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by stech
When I put this on the survey, the sales guy has the nerve to call me and complain that he is not going to get his next bonus because of this and how he wish he never sold me the car.
The guy needs to find himself a hotdog stand and try that for a living... he clearly does not belong at a Lexus dealership!
Old 01-30-07, 01:00 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

They made sure I put excellent for everything. No bonus for me.
Old 01-30-07, 06:23 PM
ucigs430
Driver School Candidate

im not positive on the number, but if the sales rep gets all A + scores, than corporate lexus gives them a bonus of i think $250, again not positive on the figure
Old 01-31-07, 06:28 AM
lossimo
Driver

Thumbs down

Putnam Lexus of Redwood City offered me a tank of gas for the survey,same thing most Ford dealers offer for the same thing.When I brought it in while there for my first oil change,they told me it was the wrong one!It has to be the one in the full size envelope.
So I said whatever and I will just fill out exactly what I feel about the whole experience.
Old 01-31-07, 06:35 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ucigs430
im not positive on the number, but if the sales rep gets all A + scores, than corporate lexus gives them a bonus of i think $250, again not positive on the figure
no, this is not correct
Old 01-31-07, 10:06 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

the survey is worth nothing to me, except time wasted. I threw it away. am I a bad person.... ha ha ha
Old 01-31-07, 10:15 AM
nblexus15
Driver School Candidate

it is what it is...companies continue to try to improve and this is one of the means of doing so. Obviously folks who are repeat Lexus buyers speaks louder than any survey can do..
Old 01-31-07, 11:04 AM
xlqp111
Driver School Candidate

The survey affects a dealership. When i bought my gs it had been sitting on the lot a while, after driving the car around i noticed something wasnt right and brought it to the local dealer (not the one i bought the car from) They told me i needed new tires. I then brought the car back to where i bought it and they didnt want to give me new tires and claimed nothing was wrong with them. I told them i hope their right because im going to bring it to Townfaire tires for a third opinion. Then all of a sudden they have a meeting in the back with the service manager, my service rep and someone else with a high position. Long story short the services manager tells me that they will replace 3 of the tires and use the spare in my trunk as a forth. After the service rep tells me that he told them in the meeting that i might fill out the survey bad and that thier dealership is soo close to ELITE status they should make me happy in hopes of a good survey. I said i would but i had already gave a ****y survey over the phone. Anyway i recieved one in the mail the next week and filled it out good. Then they sent me a free thumus and two lexus coffee mugs as a thank you. The crome Lexus thurmus i really like.
Dealers with Elite status get things before other lexus dealers like a ls460 on the showroom floor and other dealer perks.
Also if you want free stuff ask for it if you see something on the sales reps desk. I was playing with a toy block with a picture of the new I.S.350 on it (sort of like a arubics cube) and the guy gave it too me but i know he had a whole box of them to replenish it but ayway it looks good sitting on my mantle at home.
Old 01-31-07, 04:48 PM
mm9351
Driver School Candidate

stech may I ask who was your rep at smithtown? I bought 2 Lexus's at this dealership and never had a problem. Just curious, thanks.

Quick Reply: What's a dealer survey worth?