GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Hmmm ... Snow on my GS ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-07, 07:39 PM
flunkie
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone tried this snow broom ?

http://cozywinters.com/shop/sno-brum.html
Old 02-28-07, 12:43 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

tried something similar, NOT on my car, but on an old beater, and if you car is dusty or anything, it WILL leave very small hairlike scratches.
I wouldn't recommend it., just drive really fast to get the snow off, jking, use those brushes for the snow. the soft ones that come with the ice scrapers. just bush the main portion of the snow off and leave tthe rest on. it'l melt off. this way you won't scratch anything...!!!

Last edited by Jace7; 02-28-07 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-09-07, 08:54 PM
flunkie
Rookie

Going to give this a shot ... http://snowrake.virtualave.net/

A Car fanatic friend of mine swears by it !
Old 03-17-07, 01:56 PM
flunkie
Rookie

ohhh the pain ...
Attached Thumbnails Hmmm ... Snow on my GS ?-lexussnow2.jpg  
Old 03-17-07, 02:03 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel your pain!!! Just don't open the trunk before you clean off the snow from the rear window See my post about it
Old 03-17-07, 02:26 PM
flunkie
Rookie

Ha ... My new Snowrake is in the trunk !
Old 03-17-07, 02:32 PM
o2GS43o
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish we had snow over here... Besides the car getting all rusty on the underside (snow + salt), and black ice, etc...
Old 03-17-07, 02:36 PM
1uzfelbc
Rookie

Originally Posted by flunkie

good job now your really screwed
Old 03-17-07, 03:28 PM
larrs
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

same thing here
Old 03-18-07, 10:40 AM
flunkie
Rookie

Ohhh man ... this snow was a tough shovel ... 6 inches of FROZEN snow here in NJ. Thank God the car had so much wax on it from the dealer that the snow just slid off the Lexus in chunks. Was supposed to go pick up my plates today but I think I'll wait till monday. Don't want to waste the free Car wash they give with the plates pickup. Time to relax now, take 2 advils and watch the Met Game with an ice pack on my back (ha) !
Old 03-18-07, 11:40 AM
jbbreeden
Driver

Your dealer doesn't give free washes anytime? My dealer in VA (Pohanka) gives free washes anytime. Drop the car off, go to the waiting area, have an ice cream, sweet roll, coffee, coke, bannana or apple. Watch TV or go to one room for internet access on a half dozen Dells or another room for ESPN. 20-30 minutes later it's ready.
Old 03-18-07, 11:40 AM
rkb43
Pole Position

Ohhh man ... this snow was a tough shovel ... 6 inches of FROZEN snow here in NJ. Thank God the car had so much wax on it from the dealer that the snow just slid off the Lexus in chunks. Was supposed to go pick up my plates today but I think I'll wait till monday. Don't want to waste the free Car wash they give with the plates pickup. Time to relax now, take 2 advils and watch the Met Game with an ice pack on my back (ha) !
I could only make it halfway through my driveway, the ice won't budge. I'll tackle the rest tomorrow.
GS is in the garage.
Old 03-18-07, 12:14 PM
flunkie
Rookie

Originally Posted by jbbreeden
Your dealer doesn't give free washes anytime? My dealer in VA (Pohanka) gives free washes anytime. Drop the car off, go to the waiting area, have an ice cream, sweet roll, coffee, coke, bannana or apple. Watch TV or go to one room for internet access on a half dozen Dells or another room for ESPN. 20-30 minutes later it's ready.
Hmmm ... I know the service area at my dealer in Bridgewater NJ has the nice lounge, food, TV and internet perks but I don't know about the free car wash anytime.

I know if the car comes in for service it is returned to you washed, but bringing it in just for a wash .... I'll have to ask when I pick up my plates.

Might also pick up a set of those all weather mats !
Old 03-18-07, 07:27 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mel's-gs
I'd say garage it, or buy the cover. Even though my car is garage kept, it was sooo dirty I broke down yesterday and took it to the car wash. I could not leave that filth and salt on my car! Of course, the minute I left the car wash, every $#%@! is his big filthy Hummer or F350 kept sending tsunami- type waves of melted black snow back at me.
It's really tough to see my GS in the in the condition you mentioned. But this is the first day after the snow/ice storm we had and already today I've seen people who've gotten their cars washed already. I guess some drivers got money to burn cuz I think it's a waste of money to wash your car a day or two (sometimes even more) after snowfall. Still too much snowmelt and salt on the roads. What did help was having wax applied to my car last weekend that made the snow & ice easier to come off. But waxing is the key for paint protection. I use regular wax and a liquid spray wax.
Old 03-19-07, 07:19 AM
mel's-gs
Pole Position

Yeah, Mr.G, we don't have the hose hooked up yet, so we're going to do as much salt removal as we can, and then have it professionally detailed by the end of the week. I'm sure this stupid ice is going to keep melting until then.

Quick Reply: Hmmm ... Snow on my GS ?