GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2008 GS 350 / 460 Updated Info Here

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-07, 01:28 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Does it finally have a MPG player/I-pod outlet???? At first I thought that was a gimmick but I think it is good to have in a car.
Great question...I sure hope so.
Old 02-21-07, 02:38 PM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by starstreak
Man no kidding. but knowing my luck, they changed the door enough so the turn signal rear view mirrors isnt a direct replacement. For one thig, theres wiring for the turnsignals. Man, and I really wanted that.
98% of model updates throughout a car's life cycle were taken into account when the car was designed. So the wiring for the turn signals in/on the mirror of the '08 is already in the design.
Old 02-21-07, 02:41 PM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

I know I don't own a 3GS but I don't see how moving the fuel filler door could be a priority. We are talking about it taking 3 more seconds out your life? I like the hidden buttons.
I agree, side view turn signals are not needed and even the Scion tC ha em.

Does it finally have a MPG player/I-pod outlet???? At first I thought that was a gimmick but I think it is good to have in a car.
Side view turn signals are a nice safety item. Most Buicks have a light that illuminates the corner when making a turn. Not only does that notify others of your intention but the extra light certainly makes a differrent on dark streets/canyons/alleys/trails, etc.
Old 02-21-07, 04:41 PM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bushwack
Side view turn signals are a nice safety item. Most Buicks have a light that illuminates the corner when making a turn. Not only does that notify others of your intention but the extra light certainly makes a differrent on dark streets/canyons/alleys/trails, etc.
That's what the AFS system does on the GS.
Old 02-21-07, 06:12 PM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Modeler
The AFS only illuminates what's ahead at the corner at a small angle. The side lights on the Buicks (and Caddys) illuminate the front corner/side much better.
Old 02-21-07, 07:02 PM
*wishlist*
Driver

that's good news. hopefully, an appearance package goes along with it...

maybe a gs460 will be in my future....
Old 02-21-07, 08:13 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Yes, yes, I know, no questions....like that was going to stop us.
VDIM off switch? (mention of it on the 450h, but not the 460)
8 spd or 6 spd auto?
Touring package? (you know, bigger brakes, stiffer shocks, A.S.S.S)
380hp or 390+hp?
one more q..... squeaks and rattles? Gone for good?
Old 02-21-07, 08:57 PM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the GS 460 going to have the 19 inch wheels like the ones on the LS 460?
Old 02-22-07, 12:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

I know I don't own a 3GS but I don't see how moving the fuel filler door could be a priority. We are talking about it taking 3 more seconds out your life? I like the hidden buttons.
I agree, sideview turn signals are not needed and even the Scion tC ha em.

well i don't think it that way, i think of it as triple the work. instead of just reaching down and just press the gas / trunk button, right now owners have to press to open the panel, press the button, and then close it. that's just unnecessary.

it's not like mirror controls where once set you don't really touch them often at all
Old 02-22-07, 01:03 AM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

Actually its a bit more. When you hit the turn signal, the side corner light(which I swear is as bright as break lights without the filter) light up that corner of the car. I never sat in the car to see how well it worked, but when I had my maxima in for servicing, they showed me it. From outside its super bright. Its not made to follow a turn, just light up that side of the car while you turn.

Originally Posted by Modeler
Old 02-22-07, 01:06 AM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

No, no. I meant for my '07. I don't think I can just go down and buy the '08 mirrors and get them to work. I would have to jury rig something for the blinkers to work, which I have no idea how to do that.
Or to rephrase my response before, I meant they would change the door design where the mirror couldn't just be added. Like maybe the mount is curved or something as part of new exterior styling.

Originally Posted by Bushwack
98% of model updates throughout a car's life cycle were taken into account when the car was designed. So the wiring for the turn signals in/on the mirror of the '08 is already in the design.
Old 02-22-07, 01:08 AM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe its me, but I want the fuel filler, rear sunshade, and folding mirror buttons taken out. I use those alot. I drive in the dark to get to work, yet drive in daylight back. And the parking stalls are small so I like the idea of folding my mirrors.
Oh... Ahem LEXUS IF YOU EVER READ THIS THIS, HOWS ABOUT AN OPTION TO AUTO FOLD THE MIRRORS WHEN YOU PARK AND LEAVE???
I mean, 95% of the time, I would (if I remembered) fold my mirrors. Its just safer for the car. Only 5% of the time would I be parked and I wanted to look behind me when I wasnt moving. What about you guys? Am I right? Or is it 95% of the time you need to see behind you and 5% of the time you would fold them?

Last edited by starstreak; 02-22-07 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-22-07, 03:23 AM
scottmyers
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jjbodean
in order to squelch any rumors of the demise of the GS460 i have decided to release this info. please note: this is all the info i have at this time, any questions likely have no answer cause now you will know as much as i do about the 2008 models. anyways, enjoy:

GS 460/350
Minor Change for ‘08MY
4.6L V8 engine
Updated exterior styling
-Revised front bumper and lower intake area
-Revised front grille
-Revised rear combination lights
-Outside rear view mirrors (turn signal incorporated)
-New 17” and 18” wheels
-Three new exterior colors: Golden Almond Metallic (4T1), New Silver (name/code TBD), Opaline Pearl (1G5)
Updated interior styling/features
-Revised instrument panel, combination meter
-Revised shift plate surround
-Revised assist grips
-New gray leather (same as LS 460)
-New black wood trim (same as LS 460)
Fuel filler door release and trunk release removed from drop-down switch box
No freaking Aux Audio connection... again! This is unbelievable. What are they thinking at Lexus?
Old 02-22-07, 04:00 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the changes. I always felt that all GS needed was a little bit of work on some details to be perfect.

I am looking forward the most to interior changes. New gauges will probably look like the ones from rest of the line-up (although I will miss the daylight effect of current ones) and little fix ups here and there are just going to strengthen GS position as a leader in interior design in the segment.

Also they are addressing the taillights, probably with new red and white pattern instead of the current one which is not aggressive enough and maybe the biggest exterior flaw.

I would also love to see tinted headlights housing and 19' wheels as an option (maybe with tuned air-suspension). Hope they don't mess up new 18' because current ones are among the best five spoke rims on the market today.
Old 02-22-07, 02:53 PM
mattvds
Rookie

Anyone have any idea of when the 08's are supposed to be released? Are we looking at early summer or late fall? Although I know there is nothing big happening I'd sure like to see what the small redesign looks like before I go out an buy an 07.

Quick Reply: 2008 GS 350 / 460 Updated Info Here