GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2008 GS 350 / 460 Updated Info Here

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-07, 08:07 PM
pray4dirt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?changes for IS350 2008

Originally Posted by jjbodean
in order to squelch any rumors of the demise of the GS460 i have decided to release this info. please note: this is all the info i have at this time, any questions likely have no answer cause now you will know as much as i do about the 2008 models. anyways, enjoy:

GS 460/350
Minor Change for ‘08MY
4.6L V8 engine
Updated exterior styling
-Revised front bumper and lower intake area
-Revised front grille
-Revised rear combination lights
-Outside rear view mirrors (turn signal incorporated)
-New 17” and 18” wheels
-Three new exterior colors: Golden Almond Metallic (4T1), New Silver (name/code TBD), Opaline Pearl (1G5)
Updated interior styling/features
-Revised instrument panel, combination meter
-Revised shift plate surround
-Revised assist grips
-New gray leather (same as LS 460)
-New black wood trim (same as LS 460)
Fuel filler door release and trunk release removed from drop-down switch box
do you know what changes will be for IS350 2008?
Old 02-22-07, 08:51 PM
LexusPride
Lead Lap

well, I guessed some of them right:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=264119

Old 02-22-07, 11:15 PM
steverhode
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pray4dirt
do you know what changes will be for IS350 2008?

Do you know what the changes will be for the LS460 2008?
Old 02-23-07, 12:56 AM
GiSmo350
Driver

Originally Posted by mattvds
Anyone have any idea of when the 08's are supposed to be released? Are we looking at early summer or late fall? Although I know there is nothing big happening I'd sure like to see what the small redesign looks like before I go out an buy an 07.
I would like to know the same. Im in the same boat.
Old 02-23-07, 02:18 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I know I don't own a 3GS but I don't see how moving the fuel filler door could be a priority. We are talking about it taking 3 more seconds out your life? I like the hidden buttons.
I agree, sideview turn signals are not needed and even the Scion tC ha em.

Does it finally have a MPG player/I-pod outlet???? At first I thought that was a gimmick but I think it is good to have in a car.
The flip down panel is awful and moving those 2 buttons is HUGE! Here are just a few reasons;

1. You can't see any of the buttons while you are driving because the steering wheel completely blocks the panel. You have to use the buttons Braille-style using the side view mirror adjustment circle as a point of reference. Even when you are at a standstill, you have to look under the steering wheel to the left to even see what you are pushing.

2. Everytime you fill up, you have to open the panel and push the button. When you get back in the car, the corner of the flipdown gouges you in the knee (OUCH!!!). I have read this comment in a few reviews of the 3GS too.

3. The stupid coin holder is useless because it flips down and coins fall out when you open it. To make matters worse, sometimes the coin holder opens when you open the flipdown controls so it basically dumps all of your coins out.

The panel was a great idea but it was poorly executed. Moving on, here are a few changes they should make on the '08 GS.

1. Allow manual AVG MPG reset rather than the stupid reset only when tank is full method used now.

2. Add backlighting to all of the overhead buttons and steering wheel buttons.

3. Relocate the Homelink buttons

4. Relocate the trunk light to the middle of the trunk.

5. Add A/C compressir on/off button on the center stack. Right now you have to push "climate" and use the touch screen.

6. Improve the imaging on the ML system for non-DVD audio sources. DVD-audio is going to be history anyways.

7. Allow electric adjustment of the headrest independent of seat fore/aft movement.

8. Make the nav screen smudgeproof!

9. Make the steering wheel thicker

10. Add a carbon fiber option to replace the ridiculous red wood.

11. Allow manual adjustment of the intermittent wipers to over-ride the rain sensor or modify the rain sensor to operate properly.

12. Warmer heated seats.

Overall, it's a great car (minus the winter dash rattle) and my .02 is that they shouldn't change a thing on the outside. Instead of all the other stuff, one nice exterior change would be a glass top like on the UL ES350. It would look great on a light color car.
Old 02-23-07, 02:35 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For that flip down lid box I wish they designed it like how they did on the RX330/350. It still hides the buttons, but doesn't fully swing down into the cabin like a big box, but rather the buttons are still on the dash and the cover lid just slides down and away. You can choose to leave it open or closed and it doesn't protrude out and get in the way.
Old 02-23-07, 09:49 AM
steverhode
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
3. Relocate the Homelink buttons

Doesn't the current location of the buttons mean that you're constantly messing up the location of your rear view mirror when you're pushing the button to open your garage door?
Old 02-23-07, 09:49 AM
GreatSmile
Pole Position

Robert, those are excellent suggestions. I hope Lexus people are reading this post!!
Old 02-23-07, 10:10 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by steverhode
Do you know what the changes will be for the LS460 2008?
info i have is that changes, if any, are still to be determined
Old 02-23-07, 10:12 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mattvds
Anyone have any idea of when the 08's are supposed to be released? Are we looking at early summer or late fall? Although I know there is nothing big happening I'd sure like to see what the small redesign looks like before I go out an buy an 07.
MY 08 production to begin in september, likely november to get to the dealers
Old 02-23-07, 10:14 AM
GreatSmile
Pole Position

Originally Posted by steverhode
Doesn't the current location of the buttons mean that you're constantly messing up the location of your rear view mirror when you're pushing the button to open your garage door?
When I open my garage door, it looks as if I am giving someone the middle finger. Other than that, it does not mess up my rear view mirror.
Old 02-23-07, 11:16 AM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

Thats funny but true. about the finger pushing that is.

Yeah, they need to add a light to the coin holder. I cant see a bloddy thing in that coin holder.

I would love to find a way to turn on the steering wheel light besides just when I enter the car. With LED lights that are directional, you would figure they would have a "all on" button if I wanted the whole interior lighted up. Something that turns on ALL the lights, those under the seats, in the footwell, etc.

Also, while I cant afford to upgrade my car, I hope they add the seats from the LS. it really needs a way to adjust lengh to the bottom of the seat. and a way to adjust the lubar in an up/down like the ls can.
Old 02-23-07, 11:37 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Great summary, 2thfixr! About 80% of your list was on my list of complaints on the on-line survey I filled out for Lexus after the purchase of my GS 450h. I also dinged them for the horrible voice recognition quality, the way too complicated Navi interface, and for poor manuals.
Old 02-25-07, 06:10 AM
gs9351
Rookie

2thfixr: "Add backlighting to all of the overhead buttons and steering wheel buttons."

The steering wheel buttons do have backlighting now...most owners not aware because they are so weak...just make them brigher!
Old 02-25-07, 09:47 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

There was some discussion about this before. Are they actually backlit or do they just glow in the dark? If they are backlit, it probably took a lot of design work to make them so dim on purpose.

Quick Reply: 2008 GS 350 / 460 Updated Info Here