GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Delay on my GS 350

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-07, 07:11 AM
jbbreeden
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My salesman said Quartz Shadow, Verdigris and Smoky Granite were very hard to get and a sales manager told me that Glacier Frost was no longer made.

My Mercury Metallic/Black/Nav/ML AWD arrives in NJ Saturday week (the 24th). How long it'll take to get to the DC area is anybody's guess. But, I HAVE the VIN which comes up with the correct color on the Lexus site, so I know it is a real car. I'll just try to relax and enjoy the Club Lexus Forum.
Old 03-17-07, 07:21 AM
bozer
Lead Lap

Im a club lexus forum junkie and I dont even have a Lexus yet. The day I get to post the pics of my new gs will be a momentous occasion.

Last edited by bozer; 03-17-07 at 07:21 AM. Reason: because i cant say ***** so i switched it to junkie
Old 03-17-07, 08:16 AM
dexlex62
Driver School Candidate

ChHa14, Maybe it's not a special order but they did not have one like it in the new york area. I checked serveral dealers and was told the same thing (can't locate that color combo with Nav and ML) They all wanted to take a deposit saying "oh we can find that for you in about two weeks" but when pressed they said they will order it and it will take several weeks. I went with the dealer who was up front with me this same dealer also offered the best price. Anyhow i picked up the car on Tuesday and i love it!
Old 03-17-07, 10:05 AM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SSoto21
That is absolutely rediculous. I hope the dealer sold you that car for $30,000!
Lexus/Infiniti cars take 3-4 months from order to arrival. Most of the people on here who "ordered" a specific Lexus simply had their dealer grab the car inbound and either re-routed or sent to a different dealer. So if the car you want has not been produced and you really want to custom order it (I so wanted a blue 2003 GS430 back in 02), then expect a 4 month wait. Something Lexus really needs to improve on IMHO (BTW, same thing with Infiniti when I tried to order a M45...in yes, blue).
Old 03-17-07, 11:46 AM
GreatSmile
Pole Position

Consider yourself lucky. When I ordered mine back in 06, I waited 2 months. Black on black with Nav/ML. Ordered the car in april and delivered in June!
Old 03-17-07, 12:50 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

I just want black on black, or black on cashmere. is that so wrong =(
Old 03-17-07, 12:59 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by dexlex62
ChHa14, Maybe it's not a special order but they did not have one like it in the new york area. I checked serveral dealers and was told the same thing (can't locate that color combo with Nav and ML) They all wanted to take a deposit saying "oh we can find that for you in about two weeks" but when pressed they said they will order it and it will take several weeks. I went with the dealer who was up front with me this same dealer also offered the best price. Anyhow i picked up the car on Tuesday and i love it!

I hear you, I went through the same story... I just wanted to clarify the distinction between locate/order (the confusing process) and special order from the factory (the one that takes 4 months).

Congrats on the car!
Old 03-17-07, 02:03 PM
GS350BlacK
Driver

Mine took 10 days to arrive; and damn worth the wait
Old 03-18-07, 02:18 PM
SSoto21
Driver School Candidate

Got my VIN number yesterday woohoo!
Old 03-22-07, 10:03 AM
jbbreeden
Driver

Question Are they coming in yet?

Originally Posted by SSoto21
Ordered my 350AWD white/black last Friday, gets to Port Newark on 03/22 and she says 5-7 days after that I can pick it up. Doesnt the wait suck???
Well, it's the 21st. Have you heard anything more, SSoto21? I wonder if our cars are actually on the same ship or if there will be several docking during that time period. Does this spell the end of the shortage?
Old 03-24-07, 06:30 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

Damn, yet another week goes by and still no word. Not even a "Within the next 3 months" or anything. Dealer has absolutely no idea. If anyone knows a good dealer that'll ship a black on black 350 to NY don't be afraid to mention it.
Old 03-24-07, 07:04 PM
carenthus
Driver

Bozer, just wondering did you check with the dealer for the status on your car?
Old 04-14-07, 06:44 AM
bozer
Lead Lap

For the love of all that is holy...

Dealer told me 2 weeks ago I'd have the car tomorrow. Of course today I find out its not going to be coming tomorrow at all. Something about a problem at the port or something.

This is pretty ****ing ridiculous. I kind of wish my dream car wasn't the GS350 at this point. It's like Lexus is purposely trying to not sell these cars or something.

Ironically, someone at the end of my block has a brand new M35X sitting in their driveway this morning.

I'm pretty pissed off right now. I'm handing in my Accord lease tomorrow because its up and now I will be car-less for god knows how long. When I test drove this car... (god knows how long ago that was) they told me I could have it by the weekend. Wtf?

I was so hyped to get the car and now its been so long with so many ups and downs that Im not even excited anymore.

Sorry to rant like this, Im just really annoyed that I'm blowing all this money on a car and its been such a PITA.
Old 04-14-07, 07:39 AM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

not sure the dealer can do anything about the port issues if that is really the case... but you could leverage it for some freebies like all weather mats, etc...

now did these delays result before or after you told them you were going to drive out of there naked???
Old 04-14-07, 09:02 AM
mel's-gs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EXP_Cougar
now did these delays result before or after you told them you were going to drive out of there naked???

Seriously, sorry to hear about your wait. I'd be going a bit crazy myself.

Quick Reply: Delay on my GS 350