GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS350 Black on Black - More Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-07, 05:40 PM
GS350BlacK
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic

Another Pic...

GS350 Black on Black - More Pics-dscn0620.jpg
Old 03-26-07, 05:44 PM
GS350BlacK
Driver

Default Pic

Another Pic

GS350 Black on Black - More Pics-dscn0630.jpg
Old 03-26-07, 08:02 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 107 Posts

Great Pics, this is what it's all about, taking pride in your ride and it shows in these cool pics. That color is really nice and you captured some nice shots. Not many members post pics of there 2007 GS's so really nice pics are hard to come by around here. Thanks for sharing.

One question, doesn't the Obsidian already have a clearcoat from the factory cause you mentioned you have VIP clearcoat can you explain that. I had a 98 SC400 that was black but I don't think it had a clearcoat. I said I wouldn't get another black car but I think this color looks the best on the new GS. I think it makes the car look even more sporty and I really like those rims too.
Old 03-26-07, 08:34 PM
dexlex62
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the tire tip. I really like my car and seeing yours really removes my doubt about getting the black \ black combo. I was concerned with the maintenance aspect. When its clean (like yours) nothing can touch it.
Old 03-26-07, 08:41 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thats nice!

What part of Dallas are you in?
Old 03-26-07, 10:15 PM
GS350BlacK
Driver

Default Missouri City, Texas

Originally Posted by GATO
Thats nice!

What part of Dallas are you in?
I live in Missouri City, Texas; Southwest Houston in Sienna Plantation (www.siennaplantation.com). It's a great place to live. Easy access to virtually all parts of Houston. That's a nice black cherry.

Last edited by GS350BlacK; 03-27-07 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-27-07, 12:30 AM
GS350BlacK
Driver

Default Paint Protection Packages - My Twenty-five cent worth!

Originally Posted by XanaduSC
Great Pics, this is what it's all about, taking pride in your ride and it shows in these cool pics. That color is really nice and you captured some nice shots. Not many members post pics of there 2007 GS's so really nice pics are hard to come by around here. Thanks for sharing.

One question, doesn't the Obsidian already have a clearcoat from the factory cause you mentioned you have VIP clearcoat can you explain that. I had a 98 SC400 that was black but I don't think it had a clearcoat. I said I wouldn't get another black car but I think this color looks the best on the new GS. I think it makes the car look even more sporty and I really like those rims too.

I said the same thing a few years ago about black cars; then I found knowledge!

Obsidian is a new color from Lexus for 2007 and it does already have a clearcoat, but not any different than any other high end Lexus. The VIP Protection Package offered by my dealer is the name of the package that is provided by NASSAU Technologies, Inc. (www.nassautech.com). They are located in my area. If you want to keep a showroom shine, a protection package is necessary. Here’s why!

Ultraviolet rays, pollution, acid rain, bugs, bird droppings, tree sap, salt and exhaust gasses are all eating away at your car's finish. That weakens the paint's molecular defenses until it breaks down, the paint fades and a showroom shine is no longer possible. Acid rain, beading on unprotected paint can eat through the paint layers making them thin and dull. Each water droplet hitting the surface acts as a magnifying glass focusing the sun's heat and intensifying a very destructive chemical reaction on your paint. Over time, random action will etch paint surface resulting in loss of luster and the ability to shine your car.

Waxes don’t work in the long run. They melt, get sticky and trap acids and chemicals on your car’s paint. Bird droppings are the worst. They are chemicals and can ruin a paint surface in just a few days. Bird droppings come from the digestive system of birds and droppings contain high levels of acid - acid damages paintwork.

We have all waxed our cars for years, thinking waxing was the answer to protecting our car's finish. Waxes only protect a car's finish for as long as they stay on. Paint has pores, just like your skin. Solar heat closes the pores and forces out melted wax. The waxes become warm and sticky enough to trap dust, acids and chemicals on a car's paint Those compounds are then broken down by the sun and emulsified by detergent soaps so they're easily washed away every time you wash your car. The car’s paint is exposed again.

Waxes have very little protective ingredients; in fact they're mostly various polymers that provide a temporary shine; as temporary as money in the hands of a trophy wife. The wax job will made your car look better for a while, but when it starts breaking down, the shine is gone and your not protected again. The truth is no product will truly preserve your paint unless it is permanent; and, no claim of permanent protection is good without a guarantee.

A product that protects from bird droppings, UV rays, acid rain, road salt and bug residue is worth a few dollars more for a permanent shine that provides guaranteed protection. Further, prevention is better than a cure. Good protection packages provide prevention and eliminate the need to cure dull listless paint. Car wax and car polish offer great instant shine, but there are drawbacks that I don’t want encounter. Car wax is predominantly made of "wax". Wax melts with heat. Heat on waxed paintwork results in the wax softening and that leaves your paint prone to entrapped contaminants. Wax may be good for show cars, but not for cars that are on the road every day, day after day. By its very nature, wax does not adhere well to a car. It’s wax for crying out loud. Beware of some waxes that also take the top layer of paint off the car to give it a newer look; your cars paint job is only so thick and the more you take off the less you’ll have left for depth of shine.

The VIP protection package I purchased for $675 is guaranteed for five years. That covers both interior and exterior. Regular washing and a bit of speed detailer to remove fresh contaminants is all I do. It takes less time to keep clean and the showroom shine never leaves your eyes. The shine you see in the pictures now will be there in five years. And remember, A protection package should be permanent and guaranteed. No guarantee, no deal!

That’s my twenty-five cents worth on protection packages. Rather lengthy, but I have read numerous statements condemning protection packages. I couldn’t disagree with them more. Could you tell?

Last edited by GS350BlacK; 03-27-07 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-27-07, 05:08 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 107 Posts

Interesting, I didn't know the dealers had this type of protection offered, I wonder if it's all dealers or just your's? So how would they apply that, spray? Can you feel it when you rub the car? They would have to tape up all parts of the car not wanting this protection like windows, crome plastic headlights coverings etc...I can understand why they charge so much especially if it's guaranteed for that long, but I agree it would be really worth the cost and something I would probably do to. It does look glossy.
Old 03-27-07, 07:04 AM
GS350BlacK
Driver

Originally Posted by XanaduSC
Interesting, I didn't know the dealers had this type of protection offered, I wonder if it's all dealers or just your's? So how would they apply that, spray? Can you feel it when you rub the car? They would have to tape up all parts of the car not wanting this protection like windows, crome plastic headlights coverings etc...I can understand why they charge so much especially if it's guaranteed for that long, but I agree it would be really worth the cost and something I would probably do to. It does look glossy.
I don't know if all dealers offer the package. Check yours to see. Remember, if it isn't backed by a long term warranty, it isn't worth getting. If they tell you 6 months to a year, walk away. There are protection packages that warranty for 5 years. They are worth the dollars. There is nothing to feel except a smooth bright shine that makes the color pop.

I would say call NASSAU Technologies, Inc. and ask them who offeres the protection in your area. I know they provide several packages to dealers across the country; so, they might have knowledge about your location. If you have it done, be sure that they buff your car to a no swirl/scratch condition. The result is stunning.
Old 03-27-07, 05:01 PM
GS350BlacK
Driver

Default Maintenance aspect of black \ black

Originally Posted by dexlex62
Thanks for the tire tip. I really like my car and seeing yours really removes my doubt about getting the black \ black combo. I was concerned with the maintenance aspect. When its clean (like yours) nothing can touch it.
Hello dexlex. Your welcome. If you want more detailed information, give Forgeline Wheels a call. You can find them on the net. Maintenance is really not a problem with the 5 year warranty clearcoat. Wash it and use a clear coat sensitive speed detailer like Meguiar's and it's good to go. See the post yesterday on this thread regarding why you might want to consider a 5 year warranty clearcoat.

Last edited by GS350BlacK; 03-27-07 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-27-07, 05:23 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

Is it wrong that I just masturbated to these pics?
Old 03-27-07, 05:33 PM
GS350BlacK
Driver

Originally Posted by bozer
Is it wrong that I just masturbated to these pics?
Your nuts Bozer...... Get a good clearcoat protection package.....
Old 03-27-07, 05:35 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

rofl GS.. rofl..
Old 03-27-07, 07:18 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

That is one clean car! BLack is best when shiny! Nice job
Old 03-27-07, 07:30 PM
SSoto21
Driver School Candidate

Wow that car is unbelievably sexy, cant wait to post pics of mine, and if they have that package thing at my dealer, Im definetly getting it! You should charge those guys for advertisement!
But a question... so if you get swirl marks and/or dullness, you bring it to them and they re-shine it?
Also what happens if (GOD FORBID) the car gets into an accident? IS the warranty then void?

Quick Reply: GS350 Black on Black - More Pics