GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Got a GS350!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-07, 11:36 AM
Kilroy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a GS350!

Hi all,

I just joined the family with a GS350!

Specs are as follows:

Obsidian exterior
Black/red walnut interior

18-in summer tires with spare
Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers with mist control, headlamp washers and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
Ventilated front seats
Rear spoiler
Power rear-window sunshade
Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

I got it for $42,400 with no dealer fee.

Next steps: tinting and K40 integrated radar system.

I am living the dream!

JK
Old 03-28-07, 11:46 AM
hitechgs3t
Lead Lap

congrats on your new car purchase..enjoy
Old 03-28-07, 11:51 AM
o2GS43o
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats
Old 03-28-07, 01:21 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats... Where are the 300 and 430?
JPI
Old 03-28-07, 01:28 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on your new GS
Old 03-28-07, 04:47 PM
RandalR
Pole Position

Good color choice.
Old 03-28-07, 05:48 PM
rx7rules
Driver School Candidate

Kilroy, may I ask where you got your GS? I live in So Fla and looking to perhaps get one as well. It seems you got a pretty good deal. Mind sharing your source?
Old 03-28-07, 05:59 PM
rx7rules
Driver School Candidate

Kilroy...

Can you also post some pics? Did you get the Nav? Are your wheels 10 or 5 spokes? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-28-07, 06:29 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

That is a very nice deal. I'm pretty sure Im paying more then that and not getting the 18" or whipers.
Old 03-28-07, 07:34 PM
bobbyt01nc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kilroy
Hi all,

I just joined the family with a GS350!

I am living the dream!

JK
have fun and congrats.
you in north, central or south fla? pretty solid price you got...did you shop at J&M Lexus?
Old 04-03-07, 10:45 AM
Kilroy
Driver School Candidate

Hi all, thanks for your comments.

To answer all of your questions:

I ended up buying from Bill Spegele at Lexus of Orlando (actually in Winter Park).

I got the deal by sending emails to every Lexus dealer in Florida and getting the best deals I could. My goal was to be $500 over invoice. I actually could have gotten lower, but Bill earned my business with a no-nonsense approach, a fairly good deal, and a great car buying experience.

I started out with an email I sent to each of the internet reps at each dealer. It was very specific in citing exactly what vehicle I wanted and exactly what I was willing to pay. I indicated in the email how they were to respond to me with their offers so I could compare apples to apples. I received responses from 11 dealers. Their offers ranged from competitive (Lexus of Orlando) to ridiculous (JM in Margate quoted me sticker). I used an Excel spreadsheet to track all responses. The spreadsheet included dealer, point of contact, price, options, colors, and notes (like whether or not they charged a dealer fee).

The next email I sent out went to the 11 that responded. I indicated that I had received their replies, but that some were incomplete. I thanked those that had submitted complete responses. I informed them that I would be cutting the list from 11 to the top four offers based on the following factors:

1. Price
2. Options
3. Colors

I gave them a deadline to send complete responses if they wanted to be considered for the “short list.” I told them once I got it down to four, I would communicate by phone but not before then.

The next day, I took the top four offers based on the above factors. I emailed the three that weren’t the lowest and told them so, and gave them an opportunity to counter-offer. Several of them wrote back and said they couldn’t come anywhere close to the deal, and that with a price that low, I should be asking a lot of questions. I thanked them for their advice and took it to heart.

Long story short, I went up to Winter Park full of trepidation that I was being lured in for the bait and switch. I was welcomed graciously by a customer rep that somehow knew our names without having met us, and led to Bill’s office. Bill pulled out the fax that he sent me, and confirmed the price I was paying for the car. I asked to see the car, and it was exactly as described. I went over to F&I, which is always a little hairy, but it went well. He only had a couple of hidden charges in there that I sniffed out and deleted. They gave me a rate that crushed my bank’s rate, and I ended up getting the “Appearance Package” at about 60% off their asking price. Paid cash for that. Normally I don’t buy any of that stuff, but they guaranteed against love bugs, which are an annoyance here and can cause serious damage to the car’s paint and finish.

So I walked out the door with the exact car I wanted, at the price I was quoted. As I mentioned above, I paid $42,400 plus tax and tag (no dealer fee).

JK

Originally Posted by bobbyt01nc
have fun and congrats.
you in north, central or south fla? pretty solid price you got...did you shop at J&M Lexus?
Old 04-03-07, 10:53 AM
mel's-gs
Pole Position

Congratulations. That's a beautiful choice, one I was strongly considering. Boy, you got yourself a good deal. I think I paid more, and I didn't get the headlamp washers, intermittent wipers, etc.
Old 04-03-07, 11:02 AM
Kilroy
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I can't wait to see if the rain-sensing wipers work. It hasn't rained here in about 6 weeks. (-:

Silver was my backup color!

JK
Old 04-03-07, 11:06 AM
scottmyers
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kilroy
Hi all, thanks for your comments.

To answer all of your questions:

I ended up buying from Bill Spegele at Lexus of Orlando (actually in Winter Park).

I got the deal by sending emails to every Lexus dealer in Florida and getting the best deals I could. My goal was to be $500 over invoice. I actually could have gotten lower, but Bill earned my business with a no-nonsense approach, a fairly good deal, and a great car buying experience.

I started out with an email I sent to each of the internet reps at each dealer. It was very specific in citing exactly what vehicle I wanted and exactly what I was willing to pay. I indicated in the email how they were to respond to me with their offers so I could compare apples to apples. I received responses from 11 dealers. Their offers ranged from competitive (Lexus of Orlando) to ridiculous (JM in Margate quoted me sticker). I used an Excel spreadsheet to track all responses. The spreadsheet included dealer, point of contact, price, options, colors, and notes (like whether or not they charged a dealer fee).

The next email I sent out went to the 11 that responded. I indicated that I had received their replies, but that some were incomplete. I thanked those that had submitted complete responses. I informed them that I would be cutting the list from 11 to the top four offers based on the following factors:

1. Price
2. Options
3. Colors

I gave them a deadline to send complete responses if they wanted to be considered for the “short list.” I told them once I got it down to four, I would communicate by phone but not before then.

The next day, I took the top four offers based on the above factors. I emailed the three that weren’t the lowest and told them so, and gave them an opportunity to counter-offer. Several of them wrote back and said they couldn’t come anywhere close to the deal, and that with a price that low, I should be asking a lot of questions. I thanked them for their advice and took it to heart.

Long story short, I went up to Winter Park full of trepidation that I was being lured in for the bait and switch. I was welcomed graciously by a customer rep that somehow knew our names without having met us, and led to Bill’s office. Bill pulled out the fax that he sent me, and confirmed the price I was paying for the car. I asked to see the car, and it was exactly as described. I went over to F&I, which is always a little hairy, but it went well. He only had a couple of hidden charges in there that I sniffed out and deleted. They gave me a rate that crushed my bank’s rate, and I ended up getting the “Appearance Package” at about 60% off their asking price. Paid cash for that. Normally I don’t buy any of that stuff, but they guaranteed against love bugs, which are an annoyance here and can cause serious damage to the car’s paint and finish.

So I walked out the door with the exact car I wanted, at the price I was quoted. As I mentioned above, I paid $42,400 plus tax and tag (no dealer fee).

JK
Thats where I got my 350. Great dealership with a brand new state-of-the-art service center.

Enjoy.
Old 04-03-07, 11:28 AM
HotShotEng
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Now that's the way to shop!! Congratulations!!! That's the same method I used to buy my GS 430 in May 2005 and paid $51,500 (excluding tax & lic.) with upgraded G-Spider wheels and clear bra. Took the car right off the showroom floor as per the dealers e-mail. Isn't the internet great!!!!

Quick Reply: Got a GS350!