GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What I do not like about the GS350 2007

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-07, 03:12 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cohort- At least you have the Nav. In hawaii, I pay the same price (well it seems like I do) as you for the GS350 and the NAV is left out. Why? Hawaii doesnt have the maps. So theres actually a GS model that removes the nav buttons and dvd map drive but still has the reverse camera.
Old 04-02-07, 04:02 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

You have had it for less than 48 hours and already complaining.....the new car high lasted way longer for me....here are a few more things to add to your list

The moonroof buttons above dont light up (none of those up there do)
your low beams are probably too low
your front rims will be coated with brake dust in a week
if and when you floor the car while in ECT power mode, you will notice the car will literally stay revving for like 10 seconds when you abruptly take your foot off the gas...and you thought the steering did not feel connected to the driver, gas pedal is worse IMO
Old 04-02-07, 05:44 PM
GS450h FTL
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dang dude...

Originally Posted by cohort
I picked up my car on Friday. I'm not going to list what I like about the car for the most part but just a few things I do not like about it. If I don't list something consider that I like the rest of the car and or features.

Navigational system.

I HATE IT!!! I wish I had my Gamin!!!! It says my home is located at (EXAMPLE) 1451 Lexus Drive but my address is 1481 Lexus Drive.

I can't set a destination well driving. I must pull over and mess with the damn thing. EVEN WHEN I HAVE A PASSANGER SHE CAN'T EVEN DO IT!!! WHAT HORSE ****!!!

The damn thing is not real easy to figure out. (I was spoiled by Gamin I guess) I'm still working on it!!!

Screw this NAV CD!! What we need is a satellite connection like GARMIN!!!

DVD!! I hate that I must be in park for the passenger to watch a DVD!!! (I understand but still give me the option!!!)

I don't like the garage door buttons on the mirror.

The ventilated seats are ok but not allot of air is pushed through.

If Lexus is the luxury line of Toyota why does Lexus not have Good Toyota features????

NO IPOD connection! (Hell my Camry had it)

Only 1 cigarette lighter (Plug) (My Camry had 2)

I guess that is all I can ***** about for now.

I LOVE THE MARK LEV sound system!!!
I think it's funny you site a navigation system but don't even know how to spell it....I believe it is Garmin not Gamin.

I found the navigation quite easy, especially after reading though the manual a bit.
Old 04-03-07, 04:52 AM
GreatSmile
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's all relative. You have used Garmin units and you have mastered their interface. For someone who had BMW or Merc, I have to say that Lexus Nav is a step up. Try to learn it. It's quite simple to use. I have to agree with you that it should be driver's option when or where to input nav information.

Little side note: the name garmin is derived from the two compnay founders - Mr. Gary Burrell and Dr. Min Kao. They took Gary and Min and comes up with GarMin !!

It would be nice to have Garmin unit team up with auto manufactures. However, with all these intergrated head units, by the time gps unit get to Bose or Mark Lev to be integrated, that gps is outdated already. Just look at how many products Garmin releases a year.

Both Lexus and Acura have the best in-car nav unit on the market. They both have their own draw back. People over at Acura complaints about that they don't have touch screen. Here in Lexus, we complaint about not able to over ride the nav (in gen 5). Oh well, life is not perfect!