GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Interior and exterior what does it mean??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-07, 04:13 PM
Giggzz
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interior and exterior what does it mean??

Good day all

What are your ideas on the color match's people prefer and what they might mean as far as sporty or luxury.

I was talking with a salesman over the weekend about a GS430 and a GS350. He was saying a black on black is more in the sports line and a white on tan is more of a luxury feel.

Just wondered what your thoughts on this was and if that made sense to anyone. Thanks
Old 04-10-07, 04:31 PM
mel's-gs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'd go along with that. I guess I've always considered black on black very sporty. My 2000 ES was white pearl with cashmere interior. I thought it was elegant. Of course, the make of the car matters greatly. I never considered either one of my ES's sporty. My signnif. other just bought the Z06 (I guess that's what it's called) in atomic orange.
Old 04-10-07, 05:10 PM
GS350BlacK
Driver

Originally Posted by Giggzz
Good day all

What are your ideas on the color match's people prefer and what they might mean as far as sporty or luxury.

I was talking with a salesman over the weekend about a GS430 and a GS350. He was saying a black on black is more in the sports line and a white on tan is more of a luxury feel.

Just wondered what your thoughts on this was and if that made sense to anyone. Thanks

I am probably a bit bias, but I would certainly agree. Black/Black is a bit more sporty in my eyes than white on tan. However, take a silver with black, and some would see that as sporty. Another really sporty color match is the Red Mica with black and probably Red Mica with tan because of the rich red mica color. Take a look at Firstlp. That's a sporty ride.

The fact is, the GS350 is a sports car in the luxury line. Color... That's a matter of choice and leaves the buyer to determine sport.

Last edited by GS350BlacK; 04-10-07 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-10-07, 05:14 PM
Giggzz
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like Black on Black and Silver on black but I might have a better deal of white on tan so just wondered what people thought.

Trying to decide on the color combo.
Old 04-10-07, 06:30 PM
bobbyt01nc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Giggzz
I like Black on Black and Silver on black but I might have a better deal of white on tan so just wondered what people thought.

Trying to decide on the color combo.
for sportiness
Exterior colors...IMO, the best colors are the black and matador red. With that said the silver and starfire pearl look very sporty when the windows are tinted black too so that adds a lot of appeal to the sportiness.

Interior- black is the best b/c the dash is also black. I like the cashmere interior on mine but the dash is more of a brownish color and would prefer the black interior hands down

get the best deal you can on a color you would be happy with. The dealer typically will negotiate a better deal if its inventory on their lot. I tinted my windows at 30% with the cashmere interior and wish I would have done them at 20% so it was a little more blacked out...I had 30% on my gs400 with black interior and it was perfect for me but now I realized how much the black interior made a difference with that tint. good luck
Old 04-11-07, 12:38 AM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i had silver/ black and i loved it. now i have white/black and i love it even more. black/black is nice but i didnt want to deal with the care.
Old 04-11-07, 06:07 PM
LexFather

Black leather is traditionally sportier than beige BUT we have exceptions.
Black leather in town cars for instance
Beige leather in Ferraris, painted red (classic Ferrari combo).

IMO, Lexus with beige leather are more luxurious looking than a Lexus with black leather, which does look sporty. Then it does depend on the model, I've ridden in the backseat of DaveGS4's LS 430 black/black and felt like a Clublexus Capo .

Gray leather is a mix in between.

I love silver with red leather, BMW offers it, the old RX_7 had it and the S2000 has it.
Old 04-12-07, 09:33 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

I personally like the blues and reds and dark colors except black for sportyness.

I also like the yellows in "certain" vehicles. ALL with black interior.

I personally opted for the silver ext with the black int. I find this to be sporty as well.

I might have gone with that other darker grey if at the time of purchase my car was offered from my dealership in that color, BUT I am very happy with my color choices and I find it very sporty.

Only thing I don't like about the black int is that dust shows up ALL THE TIME, after I jsut cleaned it. BAH.
But besides that I like the feel of the darker interior for Sporty....