GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Anyone here have the GFM GS350

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-07, 03:30 PM
audimerc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here have the GFM GS350

Just bought a GFM GS350 with black interior and will be picking one up next week. Went into the dealership and wanted a base GS350 RWD and they said none was available only one in a dark metallic grey color which is not my cup of tea, then they came back and said none is available in the luxury(Canadian packages) package either and that only car with GFM is in the fully loaded package. No wonder the GS sales numbers are low compared to BMW and Mercedes they have no frigging cars to sell. Anyways if you have a GS350 with GFM can you post?
Old 04-21-07, 03:38 PM
powersb
Driver School Candidate

Purchased a GFM 350AWD on March 28. My interior is Ash rather than Black. The car had all options with the exceptions of ML and PCS with Dynamic Cruise Control. There were only 3 available and all were equiped the same. The GFM is an unusal color to find and it really caught my eye. The others were Mercury Metallic.
Old 04-21-07, 03:50 PM
audimerc
Driver

I actually haven't seen the GFM color on the car yet just know that it is some sort of pearly white with a bluish tint. It wasn't on the lot and they didn't have any cars with GFM to show me. But from reading the forums the GFM is quite nice. Are you happy with your car so far?
Old 04-21-07, 05:55 PM
powersb
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Very happy with the car so far. It is a beautiful color which changes depending on the light. It varies from silver to metallic ivory to a silver blue. I think you will really like it and you will have a color that is unusual and unique. I came out of an IS 250 AWD and really like the additional power and luxury that the GS provides. I sincerely hope you enjoy the new car. Let me know if I can answer any questions or provide any more information.
Old 04-21-07, 07:05 PM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

If you've read the forums on GFM, you've learned that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that color. POST PICS of the GFM on black! That is the best color combo ever IMO. Wanna sell me your car in a year or 2? haha
Old 04-21-07, 09:40 PM
audimerc
Driver

I have read about a lot of Is with GFM but not many GS350 with GFM. So not sure if the Gs350 will also look good in that color. But you seem to love it so hopefully I will too. When I get it I will post pictures, but the pictures that I have seen of GFM don't really look silver or bluish just look pearly white or white.
Old 04-21-07, 10:27 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

So am I the only one here that has no idea what GFM stands for ?
Old 04-21-07, 10:34 PM
audimerc
Driver

GFM stands for Glacier Frost Mica.
Old 04-22-07, 07:34 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Trust me, Ive only seen ONE GFM on black 3GS and it was a GS300 and it looked so good I felt like stealing it. When I had my POS TL, I had a very unusual special order combo that even the dealer had not seen but then saw my car and told me how amazing the color combo looked- I believe I have a good taste in colors but then again I don't find black on black to be much of a looker even though its the only color combo others on this board will buy. To each their own- too bad theres not much inventory to personally view a color like GFM on the GS before buying it----Lexus needs to start spitting these cars out--after all, these are PRODUCTION vehicles, not limited run exotics.
Old 04-22-07, 07:55 AM
audimerc
Driver

I prefer the cashmere or the Ash interior myself but Lexus are producing these cars like Limited production cars for some reason or another and like you say GFM seems to be more rare color on the GS so I had no choice in the interior color. Can't wait to get it and wax it up to see how it will look.
Old 04-22-07, 08:31 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Yeah, I'm excited for you. Do this for me....count the number of compliments you get on the color once Ontario starts seeing some summer sun and let us know. FYI, you do know that cashmere is not offered on GFM (at least not in the states).
Old 04-22-07, 01:01 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Unhappy GFM Exterior + Black Interior = Mission Impossible !!!

Initially I ordered the GFM exterior with Black interior and waited for FIVE MONTHS, still did not get the confirmation from the Lexus Factory. End up with GFM with Ash Anyone who is lucky enough to get the GFM with Black, is the lucky man/woman... Enjoy it fo me
Old 04-22-07, 01:40 PM
audimerc
Driver

And you enjoy GFM with ash for me. Maybe we should trade cars.
Old 04-22-07, 05:28 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Sure, Why Not

What's up with Lexus, you got what I wanted and... I got what you wanted... Maybe we should trade our cars
Old 04-24-07, 09:17 PM
GFC350
Rookie

Glacier Frost on Black GS300. Definetely hold out for the black interior!! Its totally worth it!!

Quick Reply: Anyone here have the GFM GS350