GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Wood Trim Color

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-07, 03:32 PM
CME4LXS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wood Trim Color

Has anyone here special ordered or changed their light wood to dark other than those with gray interiors? If so, I would appreciate any pics to show clients.
Old 05-05-07, 04:16 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

You do know that Lexus won't allow their customers to special order their own desired wood trim color to match their interior color of choice right ? They just won't do anything else other than Lexus' own predetermined combination . . .
Old 05-05-07, 05:15 PM
chocaholic
Pole Position

Just a small reminder that Lexus is really Toyota. A mega-conglomerate auto company without the history or culture to understand the art of the old-time craftsmen that made the likes of Mercedes Benz the icon that they are today. Rather, a Japanese ripoff of old world automotive artisans.
Old 05-06-07, 11:06 PM
Avid1
Rookie

Originally Posted by chocaholic
Just a small reminder that Lexus is really Toyota. A mega-conglomerate auto company without the history or culture to understand the art of the old-time craftsmen that made the likes of Mercedes Benz the icon that they are today. Rather, a Japanese ripoff of old world automotive artisans.
At least Lexus got the reliability part down better than the German craftsmen. That means a heck of a lot more to me than color combos. If Mercedes-Benz and BMW could ever match Lexus reliability, I might actually consider getting one, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen anytime soon. My friend's transmission recently went out on her new S500.
Old 05-06-07, 11:56 PM
audimerc
Driver

Originally Posted by chocaholic
Chocoholic MB maybe an Icon but only to the ones who were lucky enough to get one without problems, which weren't many since they basically came last in reliability out of 36 manufacturers. I have had 3 MB's and they are nothing but trouble. Maybe the 2006 ones and on are better (not sure no data) but the ones from 2000-2005 are complete garbage in general. I had a 2001 S430, 2000 C320 and a 2003 E500 and all were big big big problems. Not complicated electronic problems but stupid problems that any manufacturer should have no problems with especially a luxury brand such as MB. Like rusting on a S430 ($15,000cdn worth almost every single panel), transmission failure in the E500 after 23000km( changed tranny, torque converter, radiator) and a host of electrical problems. I would rather have a reliable car than to have some special wood trim. By the way my wood trim on my E-Class cracked twice on passenger side door and had to be replaced so much for old world craftsmanship. That said the E-class interior was more luxurious than the GS due to more wood accents on the dash and the dash seem to flow better. Would I go back to MB no unless Lexus customer service is as bad as MB and the car as unreliable.

Last edited by audimerc; 05-07-07 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-04-07, 01:12 PM
CME4LXS
Driver School Candidate

First of all, SPECIAL ORDER COLOR COMBINATIONS CAN BE DONE. The fact is, most of you purchased your vehicles from salesman/dealerships who were only trying to move inventory. As a VIP/Fleet Account Manager, many of my clients request special order vehicles. WHATEVER A CLIENT REQUESTS, I CAN DELIVER. If you want a pink IS250 with a purple interior, it'll cost you, but I can have it done.

As far as the comments about Lexus vs. BMW and Mercedes, it is useless to convince the untrained, undescerning client of the advantages. One would only need open RobbReport, Forbes, or Millionaire magazine to see that Lexus has REPLACED BMW and Mercedes as status symbols. For example, I buy custom suits that cost upwards of 5 times Hugo Boss or Armani, however, there will always be people who say, "its not an Armani?" To play devil's advocate, other than the IS350 vs. BMW 3er, BMW currently outperforms Lexus as far as handling. If you want an unreliable, uncomfortable riding and driving car, that will outperform anything on the road in corners, get the BMW. If you just won the lottery and have not been following the declining quality and build of Daimler-Chrysler (Mercedes), and all you know is Mercedes as a name, buy yourself a Mercedes. Lexus is intended for the uncompromising individual who wants the overall "best vehicle available." Believe me, if you have the coin, I can have an LS460 built that will have more features than a Maybach or Rolls-Royce. It is those who are not in the know who keep Lexus owners in an exclusive club. Anyway, from someone who could drive or sell anything he wants, Lexus is the way to go, bottom line.
Old 06-04-07, 01:14 PM
CME4LXS
Driver School Candidate

Out of curiosity, where would someone find "old world craftsmanship" on a late model Chrysler...oops Mercedes?????
Old 06-04-07, 01:17 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 115 Likes on 54 Posts

yes it can be done.. i also work at a lexus dealership and ive seen special ordered cars.. hell ask V8 ARISTO (Poyet) dont mean to call him out but hes got a 2nd gen GS with a black int. on DWP(white)...
Old 06-04-07, 01:59 PM
HKN
Lead Lap

special order can and are done all the time...I have an 06 gs300 fully loaded with black maple (i think that's what they call it) wood with ash interior....
Old 06-04-07, 02:38 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by CME4LXS
First of all, SPECIAL ORDER COLOR COMBINATIONS CAN BE DONE. The fact is, most of you purchased your vehicles from salesman/dealerships who were only trying to move inventory. As a VIP/Fleet Account Manager, many of my clients request special order vehicles. WHATEVER A CLIENT REQUESTS, I CAN DELIVER. If you want a pink IS250 with a purple interior, it'll cost you, but I can have it done.
Hmmm, interesting. So you're saying that if I wanted to get a black leather interior with the Black Bird's eye wood trim, you can do that?

Knowing that the wood trim for all Lexus models is pre selected to all Leather colors (Grey leather w/ Black Birdeye wood, Black leather w/ Red Walnut wood only etc), how are you able to put in this special order?

And why are you able to do this, and the regular buying public can not?

Or is Lexus of Towson (I assume thats the dealership you work for) going to an aftermarket supplier to create these color combinations?
Old 06-04-07, 02:47 PM
Sumblad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GFerg
And why are you able to do this, and the regular buying public can not?

Or is Lexus of Towson (I assume thats the dealership you work for) going to an aftermarket supplier to create these color combinations?
The regular buying public can... by placing a factory order and giving their specifications.

The color combos are listed for the normal configs that dealers get that you have to choose from if you walk up and ask for a specific exterior color
Old 06-04-07, 03:47 PM
HKN
Lead Lap

yes to answer your question...i've seen black leather with black maple wood with black exterior...damn nice!!!!...and it was all OEM trims from the factory...it can be done...it's just a matter of if you are willing to wait and pay a little more...

Lexus is all about customer service remember...
just because it isn't on the menu doesn't mean the chef can't make it....heard of special request? haha =D
Old 06-04-07, 03:59 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

is that "black maple" the one that looks greenish and has black grains?
the one that comes with ash leather?
Old 06-04-07, 04:02 PM
HKN
Lead Lap

i think so....
Old 06-04-07, 04:13 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so does one pay MSRP for special order or more than that?

Quick Reply: Wood Trim Color