GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

450h on a Dyno: no go

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-07 | 04:33 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by timeToy
Someone know the "magic pedal tapping" to disable Traction Control and VSC on the IS350 ?
section 4 https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=196853
Old 05-12-07 | 10:40 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Talking I found a solution !

I found it ! I found a way to disable VSC completly ! Yes !

Disabling Traction Control for GS450h

WARNING: The shop manual apparently states in no uncertain terms that this procedure must NOT be used to drive the car as damage to the transmission could occur due to traction control being defeated.

Follow the sequence below (quickly - within 60 seconds)
* Set Ign switch to ON, not READY (Power button twice, no brake)
* While still in "P" fully depress the gas pedal two times.
* Select "N" fully depress the gas pedal two times.
* Select "P" fully depress the gas pedal two times.
(LCD display will indicate a MAINTENANCE MODE)
* Start the engine (brake+start button)

I found this on a Prius mod wiki !

I will run by my dyno shop tomorrow for a pull !

Note: I also read that because of the massive torque put out by the electric motor, driving like this may damage the transmission, as it is not intended to sustain such loads, hence the fact that you can't disable VSC easily as you can on the non hybrid GS....

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Last edited by timeToy; 05-12-07 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-13-07 | 09:12 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

i will go try it just for the hell of it with my new PS2 tires and see if I can finally let them loose.
Old 05-13-07 | 11:34 AM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Default Woooooohooooooooo

After a road test I confirm that it is working just fine, loose back end, burning rubber, and just plain sideways are now possible !
"Maintenance mode" + Suspension in sport mode + Hybrid in Power mode + "manual tiptronic" gear shifting = lots of fun
Old 05-13-07 | 03:47 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

After a road test I confirm that it is working just fine, loose back end, burning rubber, and just plain sideways are now possible !
"Maintenance mode" + Suspension in sport mode + Hybrid in Power mode + "manual tiptronic" gear shifting = lots of fun
I tried it, at least the pedal tap... yes, went into maint mode...

I was hesitant to actually try letting loose....so as of now I haven't tried it.

When you're in maint mode. When you come to a stop, is there a bit of clicking.... or noises you hear? When I did it, when I would accelerate to 5mph for a stop, I heard a light click, then when I slowed back down, same thing... What is this noise???
I will try another time, today I was moto shopping... looking at the new GSXR1000. what a beast!!!

Last edited by Jace7; 05-13-07 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-13-07 | 06:13 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jace7
I tried it, at least the pedal tap... yes, went into maint mode...

I was hesitant to actually try letting loose....so as of now I haven't tried it.

When you're in maint mode. When you come to a stop, is there a bit of clicking.... or noises you hear? When I did it, when I would accelerate to 5mph for a stop, I heard a light click, then when I slowed back down, same thing... What is this noise???
I will try another time, today I was moto shopping... looking at the new GSXR1000. what a beast!!!
Jason, I didn't know you rode bikes? I just sold my CBR954RR this year. I have been considering getting another one but not sure that it's such a great idea with 3 kids. I have noticed that people seem to be getting more and more distracted by cell phones, nav systems, etc that it's harder and harder to get eye contact at intersections.
Old 05-13-07 | 06:26 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

Check out my sig I also ride a bike, right now I have a KTM ECX450 for off road and a Triumph Speed Triple 1050, super naked, you really have to hold on the handlebars when twisting the throttle... Nothing like a CBR RR or a GSX-R though, but as Robert said it’s hard to catch people attention, it’s where a custom loud exhaust become absolutely mandatory on a bike !
Old 05-13-07 | 07:58 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Jason, I didn't know you rode bikes? I just sold my CBR954RR this year. I have been considering getting another one but not sure that it's such a great idea with 3 kids. I have noticed that people seem to be getting more and more distracted by cell phones, nav systems, etc that it's harder and harder to get eye contact at intersections.
Yes, buddy.
It's been awhile since I made a new purchase on a street bike though. The last one I have was a 750 VFR. I have one CR250, one XR250, I sold a yamaha trailway 200 and now I am debating the new GSXR1000. I used to track for fun all of them. I motocross 20 ft jumps but not for about 5 years now. Every once and awhile I take them and do some minor jumps to just have some fun.

Best litre bike out.
Lighter and new features since last year.
We'll see. At the moment, no purchase was made today. I will find out more monday.

And yes, car drivers are idiots on the highway and you have to be careful when on a bike. They just don't pay attention.
Old 05-15-07 | 01:05 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

I always get a little spooked when going through intersections where people are waiting to make a left turn. When I was at UCLA, some guy made a left turn right in front of me on Westwood Blvd so I had to lay my bike down at around 45mph or so and slide through the intersection to avoid T-boning the guy. My bike just clipped his back bumper but I managed to get through it with just some road rash. It wasn't pleasant showering for a while but I was thankful to be alive. Although 45mph is not very fast, it's fast enough to kill you if you T-bone a car. Ever since then, eye contact was a must for me and no eye contact meant that I slowed down to a crawl.

Here are some shots of my old friend.... only mods were a Scott's steering damper (notice the Listerine keychain ), fender eliminator kit, low profile turn signals, frame sliders, Lockhart Speedscreen, and tank protector. No performance mods because it was plenty quick for me. Same size and weight as a CBR600RR but with literbike power! Took the photos at a garage near my office where I stored the bike and you can just make out the beautiful Sienna Minivan that I had before I bought the GS350. Enjoy the Gixxer Jason..... just be careful out there!!!

Old 05-15-07 | 01:11 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Check out my sig I also ride a bike, right now I have a KTM ECX450 for off road and a Triumph Speed Triple 1050, super naked, you really have to hold on the handlebars when twisting the throttle... Nothing like a CBR RR or a GSX-R though, but as Robert said it’s hard to catch people attention, it’s where a custom loud exhaust become absolutely mandatory on a bike !
The KTM and Speed Triple are great bikes, it's all about getting out there and having a good time. Although I miss my bike, I don't miss thinking about my kids each and every time I got on it. I couldn't stand the thought of leaving them fatherless and NOBODY that rides a bike decides to have an accident, it's always some idiot talking on a cell phone or trying to send a text message that decides for you. Be safe out there!
Old 05-15-07 | 07:16 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

no gixxer quite yet, still debating....
But I will send a few pics your way if I pull the trigger.
the new gsxr is 160hp already. dang! there won't be any performance ups either, I think I can manage a 160hp with only 300lbs of body weight. ha.
we'll see
Old 05-18-07 | 05:21 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

True about car drivers, but lets be fair. I would say about 90% of people in hawaii on sport bikes I see driving on the road here in hawaii, are doing over 70 on the freeway, and those stuck in traffic has nasty habbits on driving between cars,which in Hawaii, I heard thats a nono. I've seen sport bikes weave in and out of traffic way more than I see a sport car, flooring it to weave between cars. This is just me looking around. Not saying that number is set in stone, but they are just as bad as most of those rice boys in the Hondas that sound louder than a Mactruck with lawnmore engine.
Old 05-18-07 | 07:13 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Someone know the "magic pedal tapping" to disable Traction Control and VSC on the IS350 ?
Lexus IS Has Secret Cheat Code that Enables Massive Peel-Outs
November 18, 2005
By Alice Hill
RealTechNews
This makes sense when you think about it. Cars have computers and computers have always had hidden Easter eggs and cheat codes, so it was inevitable that someone would find a cheat code hidden inside a car. Case in point: here’s way to disable the traction/skid control systems called VDIM on the Lexus IS:

“start the car with the parking brake on ….then foot brake twice….(keep the foot brake down)….then parking brake twice (keep it down )and repeat till skid light is on the dash…..it will reset when you restart the car”
Apparently, this disables everything but the ABS. Source: VWVortex Forums via Digg
Old 12-08-19 | 01:23 AM
Stilkus
Driver School Candidate

Hey, just dynoed my gs450h, was tough. check it out here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...n-germany.html