GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Navi turn by turn not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-07, 02:36 PM
Wangster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navi turn by turn not working

is there anyone has navi turn by turn not working problem after navi mod ?
I try to use the navi after mod, it only tell me " the navi will direct you after you reach the blue line" but it never start turn by turn voice message.
Anyone could help me, thanks
Old 05-24-07, 02:58 PM
beachfront
Pole Position

Have you checked the nav setup menu...it might have been turned off...I know its an option.
Old 05-24-07, 03:03 PM
hughh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by beachfront
Have you checked the nav setup menu...it might have been turned off...I know its an option.
Also, just guessing, the Navi volume is way down of off???
Old 05-24-07, 03:05 PM
Wangster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by beachfront
I have checkend and everything is on and volume is up too.
Old 05-26-07, 08:28 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

instead of trying to enter a dest through the destination button function, try going to POI and setting the destination through that. let me know if it works then...
Mine I had to do that after the anv hack. but mine still works 100% turn by turn
Old 05-26-07, 11:39 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

You lose turn by turn guidance when you don't do the mod correctly. It sounds to me like you clipped the VSS wire on one harness but you didn't do the 2nd half of the mod where you have to clip and jumper the other VSS wire with an inline switch. If you completed the mod and installed the switch, you may have crossed your VSS wires, when you do the mod, you should have clipped 2 VSS wires, one purple and one white with silver dots. You basically end up with 4 cut ends and if you don't use the correct 2, you will experience exactly what you are describing. When the switch is off the VSS signal does not pass from one wire to the other which tricks the car into thinking that it is not moving until the GPS signal tells it otherwise in 30-45 seconds. This is what allows nav entry while moving. In this "off" mode, the nav will not give you turn by turn guidance and the screen will not scroll smoothly. When the switch is on, the VSS signal passes through as nothing was done so the nav system operates normally and nav entry is blocked while moving. Basically check your wires or finish the mod.

Last edited by 2thfixr; 05-26-07 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-30-07, 01:37 AM
Wangster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
You lose turn by turn guidance when you don't do the mod correctly. It sounds to me like you clipped the VSS wire on one harness but you didn't do the 2nd half of the mod where you have to clip and jumper the other VSS wire with an inline switch. If you completed the mod and installed the switch, you may have crossed your VSS wires, when you do the mod, you should have clipped 2 VSS wires, one purple and one white with silver dots. You basically end up with 4 cut ends and if you don't use the correct 2, you will experience exactly what you are describing. When the switch is off the VSS signal does not pass from one wire to the other which tricks the car into thinking that it is not moving until the GPS signal tells it otherwise in 30-45 seconds. This is what allows nav entry while moving. In this "off" mode, the nav will not give you turn by turn guidance and the screen will not scroll smoothly. When the switch is on, the VSS signal passes through as nothing was done so the nav system operates normally and nav entry is blocked while moving. Basically check your wires or finish the mod.
Hi, but this is what I got from other
The monitor side of the purple wire will be left disconnected. Tape it up or preferably crimp it w/a 3M cap.
The wireloom side of the yellow wire will be left disconnected. Tape it up or preferably crimp it w/a 3M cap.
The monitor side of the pink wire will be left disconnected. Tape it up or preferably crimp it w/a 3M cap.
Use a ring terminal and an 18 awg wire to connect the monitor side of the yellow wire to chassis ground. There's plenty of grounding locations available along the side, where the monitor mounts. Screw or bolt it in securely w/o interfering w/mounting area.
Use butt connectors or tape and solder an 18 awg wire to connect the wireloom side of the purple wire to the wireloom side of the pink wire. You are effectively re-routing the VSS signal directly into the navigation.

What switch are we talking about ?Thanks
Old 05-30-07, 04:12 AM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

This should help!

Hack
Old 05-30-07, 11:52 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wangster
Hi, but this is what I got from other
The monitor side of the purple wire will be left disconnected. Tape it up or preferably crimp it w/a 3M cap.
The wireloom side of the yellow wire will be left disconnected. Tape it up or preferably crimp it w/a 3M cap.
The monitor side of the pink wire will be left disconnected. Tape it up or preferably crimp it w/a 3M cap.
Use a ring terminal and an 18 awg wire to connect the monitor side of the yellow wire to chassis ground. There's plenty of grounding locations available along the side, where the monitor mounts. Screw or bolt it in securely w/o interfering w/mounting area.
Use butt connectors or tape and solder an 18 awg wire to connect the wireloom side of the purple wire to the wireloom side of the pink wire. You are effectively re-routing the VSS signal directly into the navigation.

What switch are we talking about ?Thanks
Do you have a 07+ GS350 with the new gen nav or are you doing a pre-07 GS300/430 with the prev gen nav? Those wire colors are for the pre-07 GS300/430.
Old 05-30-07, 06:16 PM
vandit23
Driver

Hey guys, I've been trying to come up with the guts to execute this mod, and i think I am ready. The only thing is that I am confused about the instructions regarding to the wire colors...Can a kind person clarify which wires I am dealing with for a 2007 GS350 with ML+Nav? That would be great...Also, if you could tell me which color wires I need to tamper with, for the DVD hack to watch movies while in motion. Thanks in advance. 2thfixr, I think I remember reading you deleted some photos from your posts...Could you post those somewhere like photobucket or e-mail them to me? Thanks a million guys. Sorry to be a pain, but I want to get this done in 1 try...
Old 05-30-07, 10:58 PM
Wangster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Do you have a 07+ GS350 with the new gen nav or are you doing a pre-07 GS300/430 with the prev gen nav? Those wire colors are for the pre-07 GS300/430.
I have 2006 GS300. Are 07 and 06 have different color wires ?
Thanks
Old 05-31-07, 05:50 PM
Wangster
Driver School Candidate

Anyone which fuse ( number ) to reset for Navigation ?
Thank you