GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Weird behavior while waiting for the car to arrive?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-07, 09:03 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Weird behavior while waiting for the car to arrive?!

Waiting for my GS to arrive and I've ordered the VAIS iPod adapter, gotten everything ready to do the BT mod (new portable soldering gun), been searching for the perfect switch for the navi mod (if I can't find one I'm not going to do it, and really don't want to pay $100 for the suspension button), printed out the low-dust brake pad TSIB and given it to my salesperson, and am getting ready to order wheels/tires and it's only been 4 days since I ordered the car?! Keep in mind that I've already negotiated window tint and clear bra install at the dealership as well!

What did you guys do when you were waiting for yours? Any strange behaviors?

P.S. Am I the only weirdo who loves the stock 18" 5-spoke rims??? Since mine's AWD, that's not an option so when the car arrives it'll have the 10-spoke 17"s. I'm in the process of buying a set of the stock 18"s though!!! Haven't seen any aftermarket 18"s that wow me yet... And I refuse to go bigger due to winter.

*UPDATE*

More on the way:
18" 5-spoke OEM rims/tires
navigation screen protector
Lexus Japan GS Console Tray
Nokya highbeam bulbs
Nokya yellow foglight bulbs
5-LED parking light bulbs
9-LED trunk bulb

Last edited by Yang1815; 06-10-07 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-05-07, 11:45 PM
Sumblad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus Japan hanger, ashtray console, and side visors were ordered two days after the factory order was placed. Got them today and I really want my vehicle.
Old 06-06-07, 12:55 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sumblad
Lexus Japan hanger, ashtray console, and side visors were ordered two days after the factory order was placed. Got them today and I really want my vehicle.
Oi... And then the dealer told you about the wrong car coming (pre-collision and Lexus Link) so there is not a clue about when you'll be expecting the car eh? >_<

The ashtray console looks tempting!!!
Old 06-06-07, 05:47 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Yang1815
P.S. Am I the only weirdo who loves the stock 18" 5-spoke rims??? Since mine's AWD, that's not an option so when the car arrives it'll have the 10-spoke 17"s. I'm in the process of buying a set of the stock 18"s though!!! Haven't seen any aftermarket 18"s that wow me yet... And I refuse to go bigger due to winter.
Weirdo?
There are a few of us here... I can't wait to get my set on. Looking at some Bridgestone RE960AS (hope I got all the #s right). Nice reviews plus a $75 rebate in the form of an Amex gift card if purchased by the end of this month.
Old 06-06-07, 05:52 AM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Waiting for my GS to arrive and I've ordered the VAIS iPod adapter, gotten everything ready to do the BT mod (new portable soldering gun), been searching for the perfect switch for the navi mod (if I can't find one I'm not going to do it, and really don't want to pay $100 for the suspension button), printed out the low-dust brake pad TSIB and given it to my salesperson, and am getting ready to order wheels/tires and it's only been 4 days since I ordered the car?! Keep in mind that I've already negotiated window tint and clear bra install at the dealership as well!

What did you guys do when you were waiting for yours? Any strange behaviors?

o/t. On the VAIS, do you really have to remove the entire stereo to hook it up?
Old 06-06-07, 07:16 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by noncom23
o/t. On the VAIS, do you really have to remove the entire stereo to hook it up?
That would be correct. But once you take out the center console, it's 4 10mm bolts to remove + pulling out the unit and preventing it from being scratched by the shifter. Unplug one harness, plug it into the VAIS, then plug the other end on the VAIS into the back of the stereo unit.

I'm going to do the BT hack at the same time!
Old 06-06-07, 07:36 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 114 Posts

I think that feeling is acceptable. When I bought mine in Dec, I waited about 3 weeks and it seems long, stopped by the dealer a couple times even though I know the car is not coming. When they told me she's coming that night, I stopped by the dealer early morning on the way to work and there she is, still in the plastic wrap. Felt real good.

I'm in NE as well. What dealer did you order from? Lexus of Lincoln or Lexus of Omaha? They are the same, though.

Good luck while waiting and keep in mind that 3/4 of our life is waiting.
Old 06-06-07, 07:51 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Lexus of Omaha, it's on the way home everyday

So you have IS250AWD and RX350 (listed under profile)?
Old 06-06-07, 08:00 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 114 Posts

Lexus of Omaha, it's on the way home everyday

So you have IS250AWD and RX350 (listed under profile)?
oh, we were close to purchase the RX but after a couple test drives, the wife said the RX drives unexcited. I said great since I don't like it neither. Let buy the GS. I'm in love with this one. well, she is NOT but she loves the IS AWD. THis one is so small and s.l.o.w. but since it is her car, she makes the call.

No, I don't have the RX but the IS and the 4Runner.
Old 06-06-07, 05:14 PM
jerfitz
Pole Position

Yang1815, Before you put the NAV switch in consider this. If you use the "NAV switch" mod your NAV screen will be junpy, not smooth.

Go see this method of Enabling the NAV System Features When Driving. It reqires NO wire cutting.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...69#post2503969
Old 06-06-07, 05:42 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the link, I've read that before and decided not to do it because:
1) no access to 5.1 DVD
2) I'm on a Mac and don't have a DL DVD writer
3) don't want to do this every time I update the DVD

As far as the switch goes, I understand that when it's off, the NAV screen will be jumpy and not smooth; however, I really don't think I'm going to install the switch simply because I can't find a switch that I like. The suspension button not only is expensive, but also doesn't make any sense in terms of function to override the navi.

I think I can live with not being able to input address while in-motion

Thank you though!
Old 06-06-07, 06:11 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Don't you 'Huskers have anything better to do during the football offseason than sit around waiting for your Lexus to come in and watching the corn grow . . .

Are you boys ready for my Trojans when they invade Lincoln on Sept 15 ??? Should be a great game. Can't think of a better early season matchup of traditional powerhouse football programs . . .
Old 06-06-07, 06:57 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

I absolutely love the Huskers and admire the Trojans; my heart also belongs to the Wolverines as well! Yes, I know, I'm a ho

Can't wait for college football to start!!! NFL is just too... good! It's like playing a video game almost!

Hey and at least we get to sit around waiting for our Lexus' while others just sit around and watch corn grow haha!
Old 06-06-07, 10:30 PM
HKN
Lead Lap

I ALSO LIKE THE STOCK 5 SPOKE 18'S...WOULD LOVE TO TRADE MY 17 AND CASH FOR A SET OF 18'S FOR THE LONG TRIPS...
Old 06-06-07, 10:39 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

why only long trips?

get them anyway!

it'd be hard to find a trade I think.

how about the g-spyder or tourmaline?

I like the ISP Mode for the IS as well.

Would I get flamed if I put the ISP Mode wheels on the GS since they're optional for the IS???

Quick Reply: Weird behavior while waiting for the car to arrive?!