GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What needs to be improved and what I like best

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-07, 02:37 PM
audimerc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What needs to be improved and what I like best

Improved
1. First off I like to say that I do love my GS350 but I do think they could use the air suspension or the magnetic filled fluid suspension used on the new C-Class and Corvette. I find that in normal driving the suspension is a tad bumpy while under hard driving the suspension is a little soft. My E500 is softer on normal driving and under hard driving with the air suspension adjusted to the stiffest level is much harder than the GS350.
2. A button to lower the rear headrest from the front because when passengers leave the headrest up the GS350 has a huge blind spot with the large rear pillar and small rear windows.
3.Powered headrests in the front.
Like Best
1. Service is the best in industry. Went in for 1600km service and since they anticipated that it might take longer than usual to service the car they came to me in the service area and gave me a courtesy car so that I didn't have to wait around for 2 hours. With MB I have to phone ahead 2 - 3 weeks ahead to get a courtesy vehicle.
2. L-Finesse got to love the look of the GS stylish and elegant.
3. Smooth buttery engine. The V6 is smoother than the V8 in my E500 and also smoother than the E350 engine in the benz.
4. Ergonomics is also great no need to spend half the day figuring out what the stupid picture on the button means like on the german cars.
5. Quality of the materials and fit and finish. The fit and finish is as good or if not better than Audi but the material is still not up to the Audi standard. If they kick up the plastics used around the navigation and also the buttons used then they maybe able to claim the title of best interior but as of now still the title belongs to Audi.
Old 06-06-07, 11:37 PM
GiSmo350
Driver

+1 on the air suspension.
Old 06-07-07, 12:32 AM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like my suspension magnetic and batteries ion-polymer, please...
Old 06-07-07, 01:24 AM
spiralynth
Rookie

Originally Posted by audimerc
<snip>
5. Quality of the materials and fit and finish. The fit and finish is as good or if not better than Audi but the material is still not up to the Audi standard. If they kick up the plastics used around the navigation and also the buttons used then they maybe able to claim the title of best interior but as of now still the title belongs to Audi.
Audi? Best interior?

Help me understand, cuz I don't see it. I think the interior is the most troubling thing about Audi. To be fair, though I'll definitely check it out once the car comes out, I'm only going by pictures for now, but with the all the glaring RED 80s LCD displays, large chunks of plastic, zero design flow, and that steering wheel ... man ... what a disaster to what otherwise is one of the most beautiful and sexilicious cars that I will have ever seen. The A5/S5 almost had my $50k+ ... but the interior spit it back.

And would you look at those stock wheels? Imagine this car with the GS interior ...

Last edited by spiralynth; 06-07-07 at 01:37 AM.
Old 06-07-07, 05:17 AM
audimerc
Driver

Originally Posted by spiralynth
Audi? Best interior?

Help me understand, cuz I don't see it. I think the interior is the most troubling thing about Audi. To be fair, though I'll definitely check it out once the car comes out, I'm only going by pictures for now, but with the all the glaring RED 80s LCD displays, large chunks of plastic, zero design flow, and that steering wheel ... man ... what a disaster to what otherwise is one of the most beautiful and sexilicious cars that I will have ever seen. The A5/S5 almost had my $50k+ ... but the interior spit it back.

And would you look at those stock wheels? Imagine this car with the GS interior ...

I'm not a fan of the A5/S5 interior myself but if you look at the rest of the lineups interior then you will see how they are known in the industry to have the best interior. That said look at the seats on the A5 those are some sexy hot seats not only do they look good they will hold you in your seat. The red lighting is actually really nice mixed with the white. Also pay attention to the texture on the buttons and fan vents and also look at how the buttons and the rest of the interior light up at night. For example look at how the nav is integrated with the plastic in the GS, Audi would have not used the plastic but wrapped it in the dash material which would really make it look a whole lot better than the painted plastic.
Don't get me wrong I like the GS interior also but just that Audi's texture of the materials is just that much better. Some people say the GS has no flow to it but I myself like it. But if you want dash flow in design look at the E-Class with the strip of curving wood on the dash that can't be beat.